What Made YOU Fall in Love with Jeep?

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
When I was stationed in the Philippines one of my dorm mates had me drive his CJ to go pick something up for him from the dorm. I was hooked! What a fun vehicle to drive. It was almost 20 years later before I was able to get my first Wrangler and our JL is the fifth one I have owned.
Sponsored

BbyGrlJJ

First Name
Jamie Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was 16... lived in the country on 600 acres.. Learned how to drive in a Diesel Truck & a Full Size Bronco.

I saw a lifted Blue Wrangler & it was over from there!! The love\need for one has grown ever since.. ;) Now we have 2 :like:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
7F628137-8650-4B11-BEB2-EB0F4FE142D4.jpeg
Did some trading around with my uncle when I was a teenager to get a CJ2A that he brought back from the dead. He was always fixing up old cars.
I rigged up some junkyard seats out of an old Ford Maverick and used that thing as a farm vehicle for years.
Later my now ex wife talked me into selling it. She’s gone now, but there’s a new JL and a new lady around. Both are upgrades overall, but I still miss that little Willys.

Last edited:

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Just for fun, what first made you interested in buying/loving Jeep?

Perhaps it was this young lady...
9f9408ce1c8756d874bb82db3314ca68.jpg

Or maybe this joker...
i058373.jpg

Or even the thought of owning one of these:
ebay-find-jurassic-jeep-wrangler.jpg

Whatever it was, share your story here as to what sparked your love of all things Jeep!
Dont need props to convince me to love anything let alone my rig.

Have always had Wranglers, it's a lifestyle thing.

Love my Jeeps because they are all me, fits me and my lifestyle perfectly

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Always liked the look of the wrangler and it just seemed to fit my personality.
After numerous nissans and a Honda I got tired of having a car that was so generic looking it looked like every other suv on the road. The wrangler when it comes at you from any direction you know it’s a Jeep. Not an off roader and probably won’t ever go off road, but winter driving with 4 WD ( not some lame AWD) and muddy rocky construction sites keep me needing a vehicle I can rely on to not get stuck..

Sponsored

Janne

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue , ‘96 BMW 328i Convertible
Close to 50 yrs ago I fell in love with the Willy’s my favorite uncle drove upon his return from Vietnam. I’ve rented them a few times in Fla, but the decision was made after I rented one in Aruba in November to explore their National Park. It was finally the right time and I bought myself one a few days after Christmas! I love my Jeep more than any other car, truck, tractor or atv I’ve ever owned.

Jeep It

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S in Firecracker Red
Unique, history, incomparable to any other vehicle, able to swap parts n modify multiple ways.

It's treasure that's been around a long time and only gets more popular each year..
. Gotta love that!

There's a connection one makes with there Rig and it's really hard to break
Nah, I think it’s your avatar;)

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Ive always liked them but a girl i dates briefly had one back im 95/96 and i got to drive it lightly off road with the top down (jeeps) and it was awesome. Even though it was anemic 4 banger with a manual, it was still a blast. Wantes one ever since but life/practicality always got in the way. Id still love a modified LJ if i could afford to add one to the stable. Almost bought one but ended up in JL. Not the same but no complaints. Kind of like wanting a classic mustang and ending up in a new one. Both fantastic but way different.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
What made me fall in love with a Jeep??? Watching my wife's big smile on our first test drive of a used Jeep we bought years ago. Then the first time we drove the TJ with the doors and top off and it was a warm summer day. She was wearing a summer dress, big sunglasses and a summer hat. We drove down some back roads as both of our smiles came from our soul. Not a worry to be had as we escaped from the harsh realities of life.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
The year was 1995, I was working at a hotel, my POS car died and I was supposed to go to wildwood for the weekend.

One of our long term quests that I became friends with said you can take my jeep if you want, I can't drive it ( 91 lifted YJ on 33s) she was paralyzed in an accident.
Her dad showed me how to take top and doors off, and I drove to wildwood, drove on the beach, explored the hell out of the pine barrens, topless and doorless all weekend.

I went on to buy it from her for an insane price, that started my wrangler love, I can remember the smile I had all weekend
Traded it in for a TJ in 98, drove that until 08.
drove a scion tc that never felt right, in 2012 I found a mint 2000 XJ limited lightly modded and traded the TC straight up for it.
While the XJ was awesome, it was missing that topless doorless component I loved.
I shopped around for JKs a few times from 2015-2017, in 2017 I got a Subaru crosstrek, but still wanted a jeep.
Then the JL came out, drove one, and had the same smile I had from my YJ and TJ and traded the crosstrek for the JLU sport s.

I won't ever drive another vehicle, it's a wrangler or nothing

Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I dont love a jeep or any inanimate object. It's what I can do with them that I LOVE and there is no other vehicle out there like it. Not only in where it takes you but in how it's actually several vehicles with its look and how you can make it YOURS despite there being a zillion of them out there.

My dad had one when he was a kid, still had the smoke screen kit on it and it worked. He lite it up and drove all around his high school and put it in a cloud. lol

My first drive in one was with a work buddy. He had an old military cj something and I took him where I go dirtbiking. No way would he try some of those hills there. He did and made it, I was hooked. I've had a jeep in my stable since 1983.

The new JL has gotten away from its utility roots....or has it? Yeah, kinda, but in my view it's vastly superior in that it TRULY can do it all and now in amazing modern comfort and offroad capability the older models cant come close to. Utility and comfort.

Batman should have driven a JL.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Ok good question/fun list..........Number 1 for me, open air, Top and/or doors off, 2) although not a luxury vehicle I find it still comfortable to drive. 3) yea, a sports car is great but try driving one of those in the snow. 4) can tow. 5) can get a manual transmission. 6) lots of cool options when ordering. 7) can modify until you drop or your wallet runs out. 8) can literally climb many mountains. 9) looks damn good!!! 10) great and large community of Jeep loving people. Feel free to add if I missed anything.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
The first Jeep that really got my attention was a V8-CJ.

WES IV

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2 dr with hardtop. Firecracker Red.
Occupation
Going over the hills and far away
Been a long time watching Jeeps as I drove around this country. I've owned various cars but always liked the way Jeep looked moving or standing still. So when it came time to replace my Ford Escape I wasted no time in ordering a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door with several options.
I have my dream car!
Sponsored