First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Just for fun, what first made you interested in buying/loving Jeep?

Perhaps it was this young lady...
9f9408ce1c8756d874bb82db3314ca68.jpg

Or maybe this joker...
i058373.jpg

Or even the thought of owning one of these:
ebay-find-jurassic-jeep-wrangler.jpg

Whatever it was, share your story here as to what sparked your love of all things Jeep!
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
My Uncle's old Honcho, plus his continuous ownership of CJ, YJ, TJ, JKs since he's been back from Vietnam.

02jeep77j20.jpg

cedxc2005

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Sport S (Gabrielle)
Occupation
Structural Engineer

Sponsored

ToolMan514

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4xe
When I was a little kid (about the same age my oldest son is now) a close friend of the family had a 70s CJ-5 that we got to ride in out in the country. It was never an option for my family, but I can always remember the excitement.

Then I was in high school when Pump Up The Volume came out, and Jeeps took on a whole new life. I'm also a ham radio operator, so this story line was touching. I was hooked ever since, but finally get to reel it in!

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
To be honest, my dad was in the army and he took us kids out "Jeeping" in an old Toyota Landcruiser. To this day he calls it a Jeep and is still wrenching on it. I'll be out there this year to help. I'll also get him a set of those lovely KM3's.

He had us all over and we went places I thought we were never getting out of. Most of these were in woods, mud, and old logging trails. I miss those trips. That Landcruiser was an indestructible tank.

So it started with Toyota, but I drove a fairly stock Jeep through Moab for a couple of years. I rented so I could join my rock crawling friends. Seriously impressive, even though I know the grip in Moab is not the norm. lol

I miss my LJ. Gave it up too soon.

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Mostly, MagGyver.

When I was 20 or so, the Air Force decided to relocate me to Colorado. I bought a brand new YJ (4 cylinder, soft top, pretty much bare bones), and loved it. Colorado is perfect Jeep location. Afternoon thunderstorms are easy to avoid, summer is great, 4WD for winter, mountains, etc.

At that point, I was hooked.

Sponsored

TankGirl

First Name
VRae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
Occupation
Sith Lord
No movie or magazine for me, it was my dad who helped. My dad realized I wasn’t scared of getting dirty out on the trails on 4 wheelers as a kid (8-15) so he got me a Cherokee so I could use it for more than driving to work and school. He thought I’d stick to mud and some pasture fun. Little did he know that my love of mud would turn to a love of rocks. My high school bf was into modifying vehicles and made my Cherokee into my first capable vehicle. I love it and knew then that I would get another when I was adult. I still love the Cherokees but I’m so happy to have the JL.
One day I hope to own a Commache, that’s the Jeep I’ve dreamed about since the teen years.

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I don't care for brands. My dream car is a 4 door, POWERED convertible top with AWD and lots of ground clearance. The Wrangler is one step closer to my dream car with the addition of MyTop's powered top.

If I knew about the MyTop many moons ago, the Wrangler would have been one of my very first cars

NCSUSTATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
1. Getting a TJ stuck on a remote, soft sand, beach on Maui...after rental co. warned me not to try...then figuring out 4LO gets you out of said sand trap!
2. Leaving same jeep outside at night...finding it full of rainwater in am....then finding out it had a drain-plug!

Sucker took a beating :punch:

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Had a choice between Exterra or Wrangler. Wife decided on Exterra but dealer was a dork. We got the Wrangler. Been in love ever since, 2011. On our 4th already.
Sponsored