Sponsored

What lift kit will you go with for your JL Wrangler?

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
On my ‘10 and ‘14 JK’s I had Toyo MT and Nitto Trail Grappler with 35’s and 4” Lift and would still rub fully flexed with stock fenders. I am leaning towards 35’s on the JL with 2”...the only reason I was thinking 37’s is from what I’ve read... new 8 speed tranny seems to have helped and guys are saying they fit etc... regardless, I’m in the “Wait Club” I have my VON so hopefully I’ll get it soon but the longer I wait the more options may become available.
BTW, I love the look of that front!!
Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Go with a 35, stay closer to stock. You gain 3” on the lift alone and have tons of space to flex, will get you just about anywhere a 37 can without having to stress more about beefing up axles quite yet. Also you gotta think warranty of some dealers seeing you stroll in with a broken axle or tranny problem on 37s
I got ridge grapplers for the snow performance and on road performance. Hybrid AT/MT. Either way I’d look at an AT over a MT or a hybrid. Typically have stronger sidewalll
Grapplers are quieter than my wife’s Nokian snow tires on Subaru

DC79C4F6-131A-4347-8E6F-56801585AAE4.jpeg
Didn’t they beef up the axles too with the JL knowing people would go with big tires?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Didn’t they beef up the axles too with the JL knowing people would go with big tires?
Yes, which northridge is about to drop an article about specs on axles soon. At that point we will know more. But I know for sure my 35s should be good. 37s weigh a lot and its a big tire to turn. They look awesome dont get me wrong but the trade off isnt worth it for a DD to me. Others disagree, I personally would be looking to beef up my axles with 37s at some point if I decided to go that route. (and also realize the stress I am putting on the drivetrain and other components)

TacoSmooth

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
I've got Skyjacker's 2.5 lift ordered. Very nice looking coils.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I've got Skyjacker's 2.5 lift ordered. Very nice looking coils.
I live in West Monroe and work close to Skyjacker. Once all production parts arrive (couple weeks out) they will be trialing the 2.5” on my JL Sport, they currently are running the lift on 2 Rubicon’s with no issues. I will share some pictures once they get a hold of my Jeep.

Sponsored

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I live in West Monroe and work close to Skyjacker. Once all production parts arrive (couple weeks out) they will be trialing the 2.5” on my JL Sport, they currently are running the lift on 2 Rubicon’s with no issues. I will share some pictures once they get a hold of my Jeep.
Please update us on this whenever you get the lift. Skyjacker is one we are considering for my sport.

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
So guys, I really need your help. I already have 35” on my 2018 Jeep Sahara with no lift. The ride is a little bumpier but it looks awesome. I whish to improve on-road ride comfort but I am happy with the look of my Jeep (Height wise). Is a lift the only thing that will improve ride comfort?

Thanks

LailaiJl

First Name
Laina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Jl Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So guys, I really need your help. I already have 35” on my 2018 Jeep Sahara with no lift. The ride is a little bumpier but it looks awesome. I whish to improve on-road ride comfort but I am happy with the look of my Jeep (Height wise). Is a lift the only thing that will improve ride comfort?

Are you using your stock wheels with the 35s now?

Thanks

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

Thanks
A lift probably won’t improve it unless you go an expensive route like coil over. Softer lifts and springs maybe will help from decreasing quality but not much will make up for tires.
Chalk test tires, that’ll get you right psi and help wear and ride.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ould-i-run-do-a-chalk-test-to-determine.4622/

DudeJeeper

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Granite HardRock Rubicon.

Thanks
what is your air Pressure? Most Tire Shops set the psi to high . try a lower psi.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Environmental Technician

Thanks
What size wheel did you run?

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Just to understand, why is a lot of people talking about the great driving feel of the 2" Mopar lift??
The Mopar kit rides as good as factory on 35" C-Rated tires at 37psi. Your tires are what is causing the rough ride. E-Rated tires are typically made for the weight of larger trucks. I run my E-Rated 37's at 26psi to get a flat contact patch(Still rides rougher than the stock 33's.) I would try dropping your PSI to 28-30psi, do a chalk test and see if there is any improvement.
If you never offroad try finding a C-Rated tire in the size you like. I wanted the tougher sidewalls on the E-Rated tires for the type of offroading I do, and am willing to deal with the slightly rougher ride.

JL_MX

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Mopar kit rides as good as factory on 35" C-Rated tires at 37psi. Your tires are what is causing the rough ride. E-Rated tires are typically made for the weight of larger trucks. I run my E-Rated 37's at 26psi to get a flat contact patch(Still rides rougher than the stock 33's.) I would try dropping your PSI to 28-30psi, do a chalk test and see if there is any improvement.
If you never offroad try finding a C-Rated tire in the size you like. I wanted the tougher sidewalls on the E-Rated tires for the type of offroading I do, and am willing to deal with the slightly rougher ride.
Ok, so if I keep this tires and I like how my Jeep looks and the lift won’t improve the ride, then I don’t need a lift. Is this correct?
Sponsored