Sponsored

What lift kit will you go with for your JL Wrangler?

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
$5k+ for that EVO! I need to go in the lift kit manufacturing business!
Sponsored

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
When I was researching JK lifts I was sold on Metalcloak. However, I just followed the link to EVO and am considering the
EVO MFG ENFORCER PRO STAGE 3.

More research...
Damn you, Knobby...why'd ya have to go and post that??? I just haaaaadddd to go and look at it. Like a vacuum cleaner sucking money out of my bank account...lol

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
My JK research landed on MetalCloak 2.5 Gamechanger. Wasn’t decided on shocks. Was looking at the Teraflex Falcons. I’ll start with that and see what else is out there once I’m ready.

Not sure about the Mopar lift. Shocks, springs and only a couple of control arms. Seems pretty sparse.

Pete

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
My JK research landed on MetalCloak 2.5 Gamechanger. Wasn’t decided on shocks. Was looking at the Teraflex Falcons. I’ll start with that and see what else is out there once I’m ready.

Not sure about the Mopar lift. Shocks, springs and only a couple of control arms. Seems pretty sparse.

Pete
Doesn't that one come with the Gamechanger shocks?

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Slightly related note - do we know of ANY aftermarket companies who have the inside track on the JL? I've yet to hear of one.

I'm not sure if and companies have a close relationship to Jeep.
I contacted metalcloak and they told me they have to buy one like everyone else and then develop and test products. Maybe that is what they have to tell people who knows. You think with technology though they could send them out specs and they could start designing something on a computer long before then just test it. I guess Jeep would risk the info getting public though

Sponsored

Knobby

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Damn you, Knobby...why'd ya have to go and post that??? I just haaaaadddd to go and look at it. Like a vacuum cleaner sucking money out of my bank account...lol
Sorry. What I still need to find out is how complete this is.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase

Pete
If I have learned anything in all the years of building modified vehicles the MORE oem the BETTER. Sparse is good. For 2" of height you shouldn't need to replace the entire suspension.

Not one aftermarket company has access to testing OEMs have when it comes to durability, reliability, and even testing proper spring rates, and valving on shocks.

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
@Vegas_Sirk You make a good point. I guess I’ll wait to see how the early adopters like the Mopar stuff and how the performance reviews look.

Pete

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I know this is an apple to oranges comparison, but I love my BP-51 OME on my 5th gen 4Runner. Would love to see a similar setup for the JL.

I will most likely order my JL Diesel with the Mopar lift while we wait for the aftermarket to catch up.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'll probably go with Mopar, to avoid warranty hassle and for its simplicity and great shocks. 2" looks like all I'd want with the 35's. I'll look at what AEV offers, and maybe Terra-Flex. I'd be interested to know who developed the Mopar kit. Maybe Jeep developed it themselves?

Sponsored

TsundereKaho

First Name
Kaho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 YJ, 12 JK Rubicon
Rubicon JL comes with 33's right? I'll probably run with those until I need new tires or start having problems on the trail and go from there.

35's and the 2 inch lift would look nice but no point in adding the extra tire weight if I don't need it.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
I'm excited to see that there are others already thinking about this! Ha ha!

I've been round the block multiple times with JKs and JKUs and I am super excited about the JL. I think we are going to see a major shift in recommended lifts and enthusiasts' reasoning for modifying the suspension. I imagine that we'll see much lower lift heights and folks looking to run beefier coils and shocks for overland wheeling and improved performance on the road.

My first one (I'll probably trade when the diesels come out) will be built around 37s with a close to factory suspension and some armor as it becomes available. I'm sure as time goes on I will get bored and have to throw some one tons and 40s at it, but I'm going to try to behave myself for a little while.... Ha! Ha!

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
I am bias, but it will be Rancho :)
We have a couple on order and are just waiting for them to get here.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I am bias, but it will be Rancho :)
We have a couple on order and are just waiting for them to get here.
I've got excellent Rancho shocks and a nice, strong oil pan skid plate on my old JKUR. I love Rancho products. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Do you already know what shocks you'll put on it? With a 2" lift, would you give the option of brackets to utilize the stock Rubi shocks? (I think they'll be great, that's why I ask.)

RanchoShocks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
We will test all our shocks out to make sure the valving is where they need to be first off. .

Probably start with some 5000X's, then the RS9000XL's and then the RS7000MT monotube. Most likely no on an adapter honestly. And I am pretty sure our parent company made the OE shock too. :)

From what I have heard is that they are now loop to loop front and back, so we need to see what we have now that MIGHT fit extended/compressed and then valve it accordingly.

I am sure we will have a 2", 3" and maybe a 4" for 40's!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!!!??!!?!?!?
:)
Now for us to take ownership!!!!

I've got excellent Rancho shocks and a nice, strong oil pan skid plate on my old JKUR. I love Rancho products. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Do you already know what shocks you'll put on it? With a 2" lift, would you give the option of brackets to utilize the stock Rubi shocks? (I think they'll be great, that's why I ask.)
Sponsored