Sponsored

What lift kit will you go with for your JL Wrangler?

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Assuming it fits the JL properly, otherwise I will wait for the equivalent for the JL.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-enforcer-pro-stage-2-jkjku/
The Evo kits are awesome. I would say though that these are on the HIGH end of kits. I wonder how they would be for an overland build as I bet the road manners are weird with all that flex.

What details do we know on the Mopar lift?

2.5”, right?
Clears 37s?
Price?
Its only a 2" and can run 37s according to the Mopar press release at SEMA

OME has some awesome springs. Maybe some 2" OME Springs with custom valved fox shocks to start off with...
Metal Cloak, Synergy, or EVO would also be some choices I would consider depending on what's available for the JL.
OME makes great stuff. They are owned by ARB which also makes really high quality stuff.

Currently I have the AEV 2.5" with geo correction brackets. I have nothing but great things to say about it and the ride quality. The only thing I didn't like is it didn't come with and adjustable front track bar to recenter the front axel after the lift, so I have the Teraflex Monster Track Bar which is a beast.

One more thing to note with AEV is the tune their kits to be ran a 30psi tire pressure. Once I found that out and aired down from 40 on the street the ride quality was MUCH better. They should include a little note in their kits to say that.

For me I was planning on getting a AEV 3" kit, but if the Mopar kit can run 37s and includes the Fox shocks it might be hard to just add it to the order and be done.
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR

JeepR kReapR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
One thing seems likely, recommended lift heights for the JL will be different than for the JK.

Those stock fenders on the Rubicon models pictured are high clearance, top is right at the hoodline up front. Looks like there is tons of gap with the 33s pictured in the beauty shots.

The JL will be a great platform for a max-travel LCOG lift. I'm thinking you won't need to go higher than 2.5" to run 37s comfortably with the right amount of bumpstop. We'll have to see more when released but that's my gut feel based on what we've seen so far.

Interestingly though, the shots of the non-rubicon models have lower flares? Would they actually be different based on trim? Would make sense, the lower flares would contribute to slightly better aerodynamics/gas mileage for the sahara/sport models.

Last edited:

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
When released, I'll get some Old Man Emu springs/shocks to cary all my overlanding weight - with a small lift of 0.5" to 1.5"

Sponsored

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slightly related note - do we know of ANY aftermarket companies who have the inside track on the JL? I've yet to hear of one.

I'm not sure if and companies have a close relationship to Jeep.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Slightly related note - do we know of ANY aftermarket companies who have the inside track on the JL? I've yet to hear of one.

I'm not sure if and companies have a close relationship to Jeep.
I called offroadevolution today, no inside track there either.

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 3.55.05 PM.png

Well, AEV at-least has the JL in their support system. Don't expect much, but sent a request to them today.

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
Assuming it fits the JL properly, otherwise I will wait for the equivalent for the JL.

https://www.offroadevolution.com/product/evo-mfg-enforcer-pro-stage-2-jkjku/
I'm torn, but leaning this direction as well.

My previous '14 JKUR was setup with EVO's Double Throwdown up front and the Lever in the rear. It was an awesome setup, but overkill! I installed the Enforcer with their Plush Ride springs and King 2.5" shocks on a friends Jeep and it rode awesome. Super soft offroad, great manners on road and pretty much maintenance free. I like the adjustability of the coilovers, but when compared to the King 2.5" shocks, they technically offer less dampening as they are a 2.0 coilover.

PhoenixM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GR86, 2023 Wrangler JLURD
How could anyone have a plan for lifting a JL when there aren’t any kits (or JLs for that matter) available yet? We need to see what the options are, and everyone has their own objective when lifting. There will be plenty, for sure.
The same reason that any of us mod vehicle - stock usually sucks. Whether there are lift kits available yet is besides the point. The topic was about planning.....

Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
What do you guys know about Rusty's? The parts guy at the dealer I have been talking to said he uses them all the time, and loves them, but the google search I did turned up a lot of comments about how much people disliked them.
I had the Rusty's 2" basic spring lift on my 2008 JKU and it actually netted me more than 2.5" of lift all around. My 35" tires fit well with no rubbing. It is a "softer" kit that actually rode smoother than stock springs. But heavy winches and bumpers might make it sink a bit. Some people complained about some sag in the springs but I had no problems with them. Plus most of their stuff is made in house in the good ol' USA.

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Either MOPAR or Metalcloak...depending on when/if Metalcloak becomes available for the JLU.

Knobby

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
When I was researching JK lifts I was sold on Metalcloak. However, I just followed the link to EVO and am considering the
EVO MFG ENFORCER PRO STAGE 3.

More research...

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
When I was researching JK lifts I was sold on Metalcloak. However, I just followed the link to EVO and am considering the
EVO MFG ENFORCER PRO STAGE 3.

More research...
Excellent stuff!
Sponsored