Sponsored

What lift comes with the Extreme Recon package for a Rubicon?

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
And don’t forget that the 392 has most of the stuff. So the 392 w/XR wheel package is not altogether much more than 4.56, and 35s vs 33s(about $200 @$40/tire). And the carrier/tailgate stuff.

oh don’t forget the flares they’re awesome.
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@Ratbert don’t forget bump stops already set for 37”s :)
I'm guessing that that's included in the 35" tire suspension line along with taller springs and rear track bar relocation brackets. Do you know if there's anything else in that package?

Last edited:

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

And don’t forget that the 392 has most of the stuff. So the 392 w/XR wheel package is not altogether much more than 4.56, and 35s vs 33s(about $200 @$40/tire). And the carrier/tailgate stuff.

oh don’t forget the flares they’re awesome.
I guess we'd have to do one specific for each trim. That's beyond the effort that I'm willing to put into it.

Does the 392 really have all of the suspension / axle / brake upgrades?

OP
OP
Trek54

Trek54

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Rubicon
I'm trying to come up with a list of what's in the package. I'll edit it as I get more details. Is this close?

Rubicon changes:
  • 35" tires
  • Beadlock-capable wheels
  • 4.56 gears
  • Upgraded brakes
  • HD Dana M210 HD front axle
  • Increased GVWR
  • Taller springs / additional 1.5" lift (2.5" total)
  • Rear track bar relocation brackets
  • Different bump stops
  • Hinge gate reinforcement
  • Jack spacer
  • Tire relocation kit
  • Flare extensions
Edit: updated per various comments.
I built and built on my last one......... wore myself out and spent $$$$$$$. This seems like a deal to get MOPAR and be done with these things.......

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I'm guessing that thot's included in the 35" tire suspension line along with taller springs and rear track bar relocation brackets. Do you know if there's anything else in that package?
Longer sway bar end links.
Also steel knuckles (could be considered part of the axle I guess)

Sponsored

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Willys Xtreme Recon, 2006 Jeep Comdr 4X4
Assume you're comparing two Wranglers from the factory that are sitting side-by-side and one is 2.5" taller than the other. Are you being pedantic to say that one doesn't appear to be "lifted" in comparison to the other?
I've never heard of a vehicle called "lifted" from factory...pickups come with different spring heights and no one calls them lifted. Same.

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
I guess we'd have to do one specific for each trim. That's beyond the effort that I'm willing to put into it.

Does the 392 really have all of the suspension / axle / brake upgrades?
Yes, except fox 2.0 shocks on 392, mopar shocks on 392 with XR package. Axles the same, brakes the same , there is a mystery “vacuum booster” that no one can find that is mentioned as a difference. But I’m gonna guess it was a model year difference not a package upgrade.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I've never heard of a vehicle called "lifted" from factory...pickups come with different spring heights and no one calls them lifted. Same.
In your world, how does someone describe the height characteristics of the stock Wrangler that's 2.5" higher than the stock Wrangler parked next to it? They don't colloquially say that it's lifted?

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In your world, how does someone describe the height characteristics of the stock Wrangler that's 2.5" higher than the stock Wrangler parked next to it? They don't colloquially say that it's lifted?
Understand. Is XR stock? Yes. A lift always means you took a stock product, then applied a lift. I'm not sure there is an appropriate word for the XR. I believe it is simply XR. Taller, wider, axles, XR...someone asked me if I lifted...no, it is stock from the factory...

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Understand. Is XR stock? Yes. A lift always means you took a stock product, then applied a lift. I'm not sure there is an appropriate word for the XR. I believe it is simply XR. Taller, wider, axles, XR...someone asked me if I lifted...no, it is stock from the factory...
To me it's like someone asking if mine is turbocharged. "Yes, it is" is the correct answer whether it came that way from the factory or I added it afterwards.

Sponsored

Planotex

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To me it's like someone asking if mine is turbocharged. "Yes, it is" is the correct answer whether it came that way from the factory or I added it afterwards.
Good point, I just came up with the term I was trying to think of "Factory Lift" or "Factory Lifted".

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
It’s really Sport vs Rubicon to be accurate (I think). High Tide would be the same as Willys.
Correct it's listed as sport in this case, but I believe that's because the Willys is a subset of Sport in the orderguide.

SaintNick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep JLU High Tide
Would the Fox shocks from the 392 work with the XR package on a High Tide??

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Would the Fox shocks from the 392 work with the XR package on a High Tide??
Assuming non XR 392, it looks like there's a minor impact to droop (more in front, less in rear), but otherwise fairly similiar.

Jeep Wrangler JL What lift comes with the Extreme Recon package for a Rubicon? 1689339252721
Sponsored