Sponsored

What kinda sliders are you all running?

seannaz

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JKUR 4XE, Cyber Truck (on order...)
Vehicle Showcase
I‘ve been out of the Jeep game for a few years... Last Wrangler I had was a 2015 Willys. I was running ACE slides - steps and under body armor from them. Seeing all sorts of new vendors that are not familiar to me. Also know there are potential differences with the 4xe and not seeing a lot of positive confirmation one way or the other from our vendors. What are high quality, high strength sliders. Don‘t go nuts all that often, but I’f I’m dropping my rig on the slider, I want it to hold up and not get hung up. Any ideas? Barricade, ACE, others?
Sponsored

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I went with MetalCloak and have been very satisfied.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
I‘ve been out of the Jeep game for a few years... Last Wrangler I had was a 2015 Willys. I was running ACE slides - steps and under body armor from them. Seeing all sorts of new vendors that are not familiar to me. Also know there are potential differences with the 4xe and not seeing a lot of positive confirmation one way or the other from our vendors. What are high quality, high strength sliders. Don‘t go nuts all that often, but I’f I’m dropping my rig on the slider, I want it to hold up and not get hung up. Any ideas? Barricade, ACE, others?
You'll get alot of votes for Ace, and people seem to like them. Personally I have no experience with them, I'm just sharing what I've read researching the same subject. Roam is another popular one, but given the issues people report, and the customer service challenges, I would avoid them.

Metal Cloak is solid, they make great products and you can't go wrong, you just have to decide if you like the aesthetic. LOD and Go Rhino are also good options with flexibility of removable steps.

There are also options like Genright, JCR, and Motobuilt but they require adding and using kicker panels, which for me wasn't something I wanted to do.

All that being said, after my research I am ordering the Nemesis Billy Rocker. They are expensive but they are light (aluminum) and they have removable steps.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I went with LOD Destroyers to match my front bumper.

Sponsored

Upnover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
After looking I just kept my lod signature sliders. It was a 20lb difference from some of aluminum offerings. Nemesis are nice but for the price and little weight savings due to the steel core. I had them on my jk and they were awesome.

I think genright are the lightest but they recommend additional adds or steel-if you abuse them.

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

I've dropped and dragged on my White Knuckle sliders. Very solid but with the angled option (what I have) it doesn't work really well as a step if that's important to you.

Bill_BCNtoNY

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue JLU Sahara 3.6
Occupation
Independent strategy advisor
If I remember correctly, the old ACE Engineering owner now runs @GOAT FABRICATION - I don't have eithr, but thought you might want to check them out if you liked your ACEs on your old JK.

Sponsored

rock-rod

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE Sting Grey
Occupation
HR/Payroll Consultant
I went with Ironman 4x4 Raid sliders. They attach to the middle and rear body mount stands and to the frame at the front (3 attachment points per side). they are a little fiddly to get mounted but once installed, they are rock solid.

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

We are running the rock slide engineering sliders. They are really not cheap but we really like them.

GOAT FABRICATION

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu diesel, 2009 jk8 HEMI

TRDMaxx

First Name
Maxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon, Toyota Tundra
I installed two sets of Goat Fabrication rock sliders this weekend. (Discovered them from
Bill_BCNtoNY's post above)
I installed the 4-Door Rock Sliders on my JL and the 4-Door Step Sliders on my wife's. I have not trail tested them but I am extremely pleased with both sets.

Pros:
  • Got a great deal with the promo they were running.
  • The quality seems exceptional.
  • They fit perfectly.
  • I am a novice at installing mods but this was not bad. I was able to loosen the body bolts with a 15' breaker bar. They were pretty heavy but with a little help from my wife I was able to hold them in place well enough to get them installed.
  • The service was exceptional. Order fulfillment time was very reasonable. I had several questions for Adam and he was always helpful and quick to respond.
  • I think both styles look awesome.

Cons:
  • None
Jeep Wrangler JL What kinda sliders are you all running? IMG_3126
Jeep Wrangler JL What kinda sliders are you all running? IMG_3120