First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
my jl is my only daily driver and gotta have something so i can get to work regardless of the weather. i'm a letter carrier and have commuted to and from work in a couple of bad weather from flooding, hurricanes, to snow storms. my past ride was a 07 grand cherokee. i've always love the wranglers and desided to get one when the cherkee crapped out. i've gone 4 wheeling with my brother 00 tj and love it. eventurally i'll hit the trails again. its all depends where i move to, because there isnt any trails to hit where i'm at now. my jl is stock, but slowly building it to a moderate all around low budget jeep. i'm currently looking at a front bumper / winch set up. when the tires wears out, i'll swap to either 32 or 33 a/t tires. and a couple of more aux lights. thats about it for now.

Avar928

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 2.0 Sport S Granite
Daily driver and outdoor enthusiast. I basically lived out of my Jeep for 2-3mos driving across the United States and trailing out in the West Coast. The best part was driving out to remote parts of NF land to get some seclusion for overnight parking and camping. The rougher steeper the terrain the less likely I would find other campers.

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My Jeep is what gets me to the great outdoors. (My current Jeep is only seven days old, so it's still stock for now, except for the tires)

My previous JK was the same. Built to handle most off road challenges, but not all of them. Some rock crawling, but not a true rock crawler. My Jeep is used for exploration, not for conquering nature's challenges, although it should be able to tackle some of them. Besides, it's my daily driver, and daily driving a rock crawler is doable, but not necessarily enjoyable.

Finally, it just looks and feels cool to me. Driving my JK put a smile on my face even on the day I decided to part with it. After that I had a Tacoma Off Road, lifted and modified quite nicely... it felt solid and reliable, but it just never put a smile on my face. There is something about Jeeps...

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
My Jeep is part of my hurricane kit. ;)

After hurricane Irma, we were flooded in for a couple days, and when I did get out and try to get to my moms house, I couldn't because the water was still too deep on the roads to her place, reaching 2+ feet deep, plus the downed trees, bushes and other debris.

So my Jeep is partially to ensure I can reach my mother in such situations.

I like my vehicle to be personalized to my taste, to be different than all the others of that model on the road, so the Jeep fills that road very well.

I most likely won't do much off-roading, maybe the occasional off-road trail or "off road" park, but this is south Florida, where off-roading is mostly sand and mud. But I do like being able to park in places the Mustang couldn't at events where real parking lots are full.
I’m with you there, Timm - we live in SW FL. Our Jeeps are part of our Hurricane kit too. We are also having a Generac whole home generator installed in the next week or so, with a 500 gal propane tank.

We also live far out of town in the swamps and jungle of east Sarasota County. Getting into town and back after Irma was extremely difficult for a few days, with the vehicles we had. I also have a winch to move downed trees on the property, or on the road into town - and to help out our country neighbors. Over the years, after storms, navigating roads was difficult or impossible. Now we don’t have to worry about flooded roads and downed trees. I can get to my elderly dad now too.

Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'd probably confess to being a shiny mall crawler with some light off roading. I just got my jeep recently so no major mods yet. With previous vehicles, and now the Jeep, I enjoy tasteful mods and I take comfort in knowing I have capability, without necessarily using it. Appreciating a vehicle for what it can do, and just taking good care of it.

Like sports cars, few people actually drive them hard and agro. Just appreciate and cruise.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

built my jeep for over-landing. i love to explore new areas into the wilderness and if i dont make it out in time i open the RTT and enjoy a nice quite night away from the crazy going on right now. i do enjoy a little bit of the harder wheeling or light crawling. so far broken arrow has been my favorite trail to wheel. and anza is my favorite area to camp in winter.

IMG_0739.JPG

IMG_6676.JPG

QXOS8901.JPG

Rocket_Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Although I've owned previous Jeeps, this is my first Wrangler, and also my daily driver. I love going off road, but I don't want to do any extreme rock crawling. So I don't feel the need to put 40" tires on her or lift it halfway to Heaven.

I did want a winch, mainly because I live in a town with 5 different Military bases and every winter is someone's first time driving in snow and they need to be pulled out of the ditch. Now I can be more helpful. Plus, with wanting to do tougher trails (I would take my'03 and 10 Liberty on any trail a stock Jeep could go), I figured having a way to recover myself wouldn't be a bad idea.

Our kids are old enough now that we can start camping again, so that was my excuse for the tailgate table. I wouldn't mind a roof top tent, but that would be tough with the dogs.
Jeep Wrangler JL What kind of Jeep owner are you? Jeep 720 plate

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
DD mostly. Not quite mall crawler, as I bought it to tow/launch a boat. Rubicon for lockers on sandy/dirt/shitty launches. Been there.

Jeep, because I’d much rather have a convertible than a pickup for the 95% of the time I’m not towing.

Done a few light trails and enjoy it, but need to get away for better ones and I’m not stupid enough to tackle anything difficult alone. Unfortunately for the second summer in a row, the local club’s scheduled trail runs ALL align with my work schedule. I swear the organizer must be on one of our other crews.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
What kind of Jeep owner are you?

A Fat One....

Sponsored

VAJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Hello All. As I been slowly adding Mods to my Jeep I have been wondering Why do you build your jeep for you.
Are you a Hard core rock crawler
Maybe A Mud Bogger.
Or even a shinny Mall crawler.
I myself Have started gaining more interest in the Overland Long Distance travel on mild to medium conditions.
This year I would like to explore Canada overland maybe even get a little travel trailer for some remote camping.

Anyways just late night rambling here so If you like post a pic of your jeep and a little about why you do what you do with it.

IMG_0253 (1).JPG

IMG_0254 (1).JPG

[/QUOTE
Hello All. As I been slowly adding Mods to my Jeep I have been wondering Why do you build your jeep for you.
Are you a Hard core rock crawler
Maybe A Mud Bogger.
Or even a shinny Mall crawler.
I myself Have started gaining more interest in the Overland Long Distance travel on mild to medium conditions.
This year I would like to explore Canada overland maybe even get a little travel trailer for some remote camping.

Anyways just late night rambling here so If you like post a pic of your jeep and a little about why you do what you do with it.

I’m a buy it and use it kind of owner!
1. Beach access
2.Off grid camping
3. Wife wanted a convertible

That list is how I ended up with a wrangler!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer to drive vehicles with excellent gas mileage and low vehicle noise. This is why I will be upgrading my 3.6 JLUR to a 392.
Well, if you open the exhaust flaps I doubt you’ll hear any other noises... 😫
Jeep Wrangler JL What kind of Jeep owner are you? 1624576076463

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I bought my jeep simply because I wanted it. I don’t rock crawl, and it is my daily driver once going back to work after 6 weeks of retirement. It’s stock and since I like my decent gas mileage it will likely stay that way for a while. It’s an adventure every time I climb behind the wheel. I wish for foul weather just so I can go out in it. But I have only seen snow flakes southern Maryland since buying it in 2019. I do seek out major puddles and some mild dirt roads. Been on a few road trips to NJ, and North Carolina. I’m planning a solo getaway to the Black Hills in October simply because they exists. My wife thinks the jeep is loud and uncomfortable and she’s not gonna sleep in a tent so it will be just me. Down the line I’ll add a roof rack and some extra lights. I want to get out into nature a little bit more while I still can. Driving my jeep takes me away from this craziness we deal with daily. It’s my escape.

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Yep definitely shiny urban crawler😩

C8A3E3C7-1627-454A-BB2C-B3861900379C.jpeg
Sponsored