What Kind of Gas Mileage are you getting on your 4xe

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Considering trading in my 21 JLU Sport for a 4xe. Anyone owning a 4xe, can you please post your gas mileage here. Trying to separate the myth from fact. I don't wan to over think it. Simply what does the readout say on the dash for your mileage? Or better yet, how much less per week/month do you find yourself spending on gas.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Saw a video on YouTube a few weeks ago by a guy who went through great lengths to document and calculate exactly how much he is getting on his 4Xe. Once everything is said and done, he is getting 28 MPG.

That’s pretty good for a gasoline Wrangler, but seems unimpressive for a plug-in hybrid.

Another way of looking at it: it is roughly the same MPG as the EcoDiesel, but instead of paying $4,000 extra for the engine option, the gubbermint pays you $7,500 for the fancy powertrain.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'm all about the transition from fossil fuels, but to even further @aldo98229 Aldo's point, any fair comparison would also include the increased cost one is paying for electric, and some method of quantifying the increase in inconvenience of having--at least currently--less places to recharge and the additional time to do so over refueling with liquid fuels.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It really depends on how far your usual driving is. I had a prius prime which got 26 miles electric. I was 13 miles from work so just at 26 round trip. Weekend was only to the store, running a few close errands. I filled the tank 4 times in a year. Now, the prius gets a lot more MPG gas than the wrangler but just gives you an idea. I have a 4xe on order :like:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Factor in the tax credit, cost of electric and how many miles you drive to see if the 4xe is something that’ll benefit you. Like @aldo98229 mentioned, the data that I’ve seen suggests real world mpg is in the high 20’s. YMMV.
Sponsored