Sponsored

What JL/JLU Wrangler Have You Ordered? Post and Vote Your Configuration Here!

Which 2018 JL/JLU have you ordered?

• 2-Door JL — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-Door JLU — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wmgeiger

First Name
Bill Geiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 UJK Sold, 2019 UJL Rubicon
Well finial pulled trigger on 19 UJL 2l Turbo, Yellow Rubi fully loaded, ordered Dec 7 and stars build tomorrow, Must be my lucky day. Now need to sell my 15 UJK with 13k miles.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Well finial pulled trigger on 19 UJL 2l Turbo, Yellow Rubi fully loaded, ordered Dec 7 and stars build tomorrow, Must be my lucky day. Now need to sell my 15 UJK with 13k miles.
Congratulations! Share pictures when you can.

Makosdad

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Ocean Blue
2019 JLU Sahara ordered 12/18 from Suresky (Goshen NY) . . . 5% below invoice

Screen Shot 2018-12-19 at 10.57.58 AM.png

ERIXJLUR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Crystal Rubicon 2.0L (ordered on 2/12 received on 9/26)
ordered yesterday. With Rubicon, V6, auto. one option matching hardtop. K.I.S.S. BTW, SoCal friends, Crown Dodge/Jeep in Ventura is now accepting Tread Lightly. No need to travel out of state.
They finally had to humble out because of increasing inventory.

Only a handful of SoCal dealerships I would give my business to and Crown isn't one of them.

Ellis, Hunter and Bob Baker were the best to purchase from in my experience over the past few years.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I just ordered an Unlimited Sport S in Mojito Green with the 3.6L Pentastar engine. I liked my Pentastar a lot in my JKU and never had an issue with it. I'm only at 50K miles, but she still runs like new. I'd like that again with my JLU.

Sponsored

Moriz

First Name
Moriz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Just ordered my punk’n jlur, 3.6l, Auto, 8.4 inch, black hardtop, matching fender flares, leather, cold weather, proximity, led, floor mats.
Can’t wait to see the final product!

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Will order JLU Moab tomorrow with all factory installed options, except 2-top pkg or power top - MSRP $55,380. Still wrestling with color; 2 days ago I was sure it would be Granite Crystal, but yesterday I saw a Sting Gray in the flesh and right now I'm thinking hmm maybe.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Will order JLU Moab tomorrow with all factory installed options, except 2-top pkg or power top - MSRP $55,380. Still wrestling with color; 2 days ago I was sure it would be Granite Crystal, but yesterday I saw a Sting Gray in the flesh and right now I'm thinking hmm maybe.
Granite is too generic. I vote sting grey

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I hear what you're saying, but five years down the road will I be thinking that the Sting Gray was a fad color without "legs".
maybe... but like a friend once told me "I think Jeeps are fun vehicles and a fun vehicle should have a fun color". Just my $0.02, make sure you do what makes you happy!

Sponsored

tlmacson

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
It's on order! Went with the granite - so much for my adventurous spirit. I was able to make an arrangement with the dealer that I will have 5 BFG 285/70R17 KO2's shipped directly to the dealer and their service dept will swap the Moab rims onto the new tires and recalibrate the speedo at no additional charge. Anyone know of anyone looking for 5 brand new KM2's - availabilty in approximately 5 weeks?

Fonedoc

First Name
Fonedoc
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drudgereport.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda's and a Kia.... looking for Wrangler
Occupation
Telecommunications
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S, Mojito!
3.6L w ESS, Auto
Anti-Spin
Cold Weather
Tow Package
Alpine Premium Audio Group
Technology Group
Convenience Group
Black 3-piece hard top
I'm looking at the same exact package but in Red...anything you don't like or wish you had ordered?

XJ-99

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ (sold), 2010 Toyota RAV4v6 Limited (sold), 2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Mojito!
I'm looking at the same exact package but in Red...anything you don't like or wish you had ordered?
^^^

I think the only thing I would have added would be the active safety group. My dad has this on his Ford Edge and it's nice to have the extra safety warnings when someone is in your blind spot. It has not been a problem for me since I always turn and look in the blind spot before I change lanes anyway. Plus the Wrangler has good visibility outside the windows.

By far, the best package I really like is the cold weather group. On cold mornings or going to cold climates (like Yellowstone a few weeks ago where it was -25 degrees) the heated steering wheel is sooooo nice. Also, the heated seats warm up quickly and I turn them off as soon as I'm comfortable. I am also glad I ordered the 7" radio with the Alpine premium audio group. I'm probably not as picky as some, but the whole system sounds good to me when I want to turn the volume up. As a side note, with the 7" radio, you can attach your phone using carplay or android auto and use google maps on the screen as a navigation aide (with turn by turn directions), and also play music or audio books.

Long story short, I am very pleased with the Wrangler, the way it handles in the snow and cold weather.

Fonedoc

First Name
Fonedoc
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.drudgereport.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda's and a Kia.... looking for Wrangler
Occupation
Telecommunications
^^^

I think the only thing I would have added would be the active safety group. My dad has this on his Ford Edge and it's nice to have the extra safety warnings when someone is in your blind spot. It has not been a problem for me since I always turn and look in the blind spot before I change lanes anyway. Plus the Wrangler has good visibility outside the windows.

By far, the best package I really like is the cold weather group. On cold mornings or going to cold climates (like Yellowstone a few weeks ago where it was -25 degrees) the heated steering wheel is sooooo nice. Also, the heated seats warm up quickly and I turn them off as soon as I'm comfortable. I am also glad I ordered the 7" radio with the Alpine premium audio group. I'm probably not as picky as some, but the whole system sounds good to me when I want to turn the volume up. As a side note, with the 7" radio, you can attach your phone using carplay or android auto and use google maps on the screen as a navigation aide (with turn by turn directions), and also play music or audio books.

Long story short, I am very pleased with the Wrangler, the way it handles in the snow and cold weather.
Thanks for the input. I think the safety group should be standard on all cars at this point. :) Love my heated seats so I have to agree on that point.

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my soon-to-be third Wrangler (and my first Rubicon), and I couldn’t be more excited!

2019 JL Rubicon, Ocean Blue
2 doors
3.6L Penta*
Manual transmission
Black soft top
Cloth seats
7” screen and standard infotainment/sound system

And the only options I paid for:

Steel bumper
LED lighting group
Body-color fenders

Can’t remember the numbers exactly but it came out to under $39k total, roughly 5-6% under invoice. Mac Haik DCJ in Temple, TX has been great to work with so far.

It will be a great stablemate to my wife’s 4Runner! We got the made-in-Japan people/dog/stuff mover and the made-in-the-USA unstoppable off-roader. It’s going to be such a culture shock coming from my old ‘94 YJ. I seriously can’t wait!
Sponsored