Sponsored

What JL/JLU Wrangler Have You Ordered? Post and Vote Your Configuration Here!

Which 2018 JL/JLU have you ordered?

• 2-Door JL — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-Door JLU — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon; Mazda RX-8
Just ordered mine today, basically base Rubicon with standard transmission and the tow package. Admittedly it does feel weird not to have a solid price when placing the order....
Sponsored

leafsfan1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sahara unlimited
Update from dealer this morning order status is now d1 with estimated ship date of 12/28/17 . Rubicon with dual tops

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
Is this a dealer issue or your issue? I’m not judging and I completely agree that it is a very difficult to commit without seeing the pricing or even all of the relevant info (assuming there are some unleaked surprises left for the reveal). I am waiting for the JT, but even if the order banks open early I would probably want to wait for official pricing all the relevant info. That said it seems pretty obvious that orders can be placed.
I was only saying what dealers told me (three of them). We have one of the largest Jeep dealers in country here in South Florida and sales manager told me even when I showed him these orders that he would not place a blind order before pricing and final information is released. He also told me expected January 1st is when orders could really be placed (which makes no sense to me). I am not doubting many dealers have placed orders but my concern is just not wanting to get stuck in a long line, haha. I want the JL as much as everyone else.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I was only saying what dealers told me (three of them). We have one of the largest Jeep dealers in country here in South Florida and sales manager told me even when I showed him these orders that he would not place a blind order before pricing and final information is released. He also told me expected January 1st is when orders could really be placed (which makes no sense to me). I am not doubting many dealers have placed orders but my concern is just not wanting to get stuck in a long line, haha. I want the JL as much as everyone else.
Tell him to look at his ordering system, better yet, go somewhere else.

malencar

First Name
Mauro Alencar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Granite Crystal Metallic
Granite Crystal Rubicon, fully loaded.

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 5.03.23 PM.png

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my last new vehicle (F-150) in Pembroke Pines. Before that I bought vehicles in Brevard county. None of the FL dealers I've ever used seem to be on top of their game. Since I moved here to NM a couple of years ago, I'm seeing a bit of a difference. As an example, I was over at the Jeep dealer in Las Cruces the other day and they were well aware of the release on the 29th...even let me know that the Jeep rep would be out in Dec with demos. I would take what your S. Fla. dealer is saying with a grain of salt. No disrespect to S. Fla...hell, I'd love to move back some day if work allows...

Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Stick-shift Los Angeleno in the house! :rock::beer:

kentanojeep.PNG
Did you get a Sahara? I didn’t see the trim level on your order sheet, I am wondering what “Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle” is? Did you discuss that at all with the sales rep? Sounds like a limited slip? Or is this the way the Rubicon lockers are listed on the order sheet? I wonder if that is what they are saying is full time 4WD on the Sahara?

Kentano

First Name
Kentano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victoria the Mall Rat
Occupation
CPA
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get a Sahara? I didn’t see the trim level on your order sheet, I am wondering what “Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle” is? Did you discuss that at all with the sales rep? Sounds like a limited slip? Or is this the way the Rubicon lockers are listed on the order sheet? I wonder if that is what they are saying is full time 4WD on the Sahara?
Hey there! I ordered a Sport.

Here's what I know based on the codes (http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...r-order-guide-jlu-u-s-order-bank-is-open.1467):

23 = Manual
24 = Automatic

B - Base sport
S - Sport S with, what I'm hoping comes with power door locks and windows lol
G - Sahara
R - Rubicon

Edit: I'm assuming the Anti-spin rear diff is a mechanical LSD unit (like the Trac Lok on the JKs). I'm quite certain my car won't be coming with lockers but that's ok because I'm sure this car will be plenty capable.

This will be part time 4x4 - at least I hope so. Gosh, I didn't see any option for 2wd, so I'm crossing my fingers that they're all 4x4's.

I didn't discuss much with the dealer. I just did some research from what this forum offered on the sticky posts.

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Hey there! I ordered a Sport.

Here's what I know based on the codes (http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...r-order-guide-jlu-u-s-order-bank-is-open.1467):

23 = Manual
24 = Automatic

B - Base sport
S - Sport S with, what I'm hoping comes with power door locks and windows lol
G - Sahara
R - Rubicon

Edit: I'm assuming the Anti-spin rear diff is a mechanical LSD unit (like the Trac Lok on the JKs). I'm quite certain my car won't be coming with lockers but that's ok because I'm sure this car will be plenty capable.

This will be part time 4x4 - at least I hope so. Gosh, I didn't see any option for 2wd, so I'm crossing my fingers that they're all 4x4's.

I didn't discuss much with the dealer. I just did some research from what this forum offered on the sticky posts.
Jeep doesn’t make a 2WD wrangler so you will defiantly have a 4x4.

darylkeys

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Wrangler TJ Sahara & 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon!
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Vehicle Showcase
Whoa, finally got it through with the dealer!!!! (and found a dealer who was super cool and friendly). Now I am like super excited. Got the black Rubicon w/ manual. The Alpine is DEF included in the Infotainment group. Just wasn't sure about the wheels (which I am going to change anyways), or the steel bumper option (and there will be plenty of after market like usual i'm sure. This will look great next to my '97 Wrangler Sahara :involve::turkey:
qC52KSSG33UdEy9Il8BR-2iaFaOlks2a-bc9MGOLIOg?dl=0&size=2048x1536&size_mode=3.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL What JL/JLU Wrangler Have You Ordered? Post and Vote Your Configuration Here! {filename}

Jcsieman

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, Lexus RX 350
VON: 40589587

Ordered options included in attachement. Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL What JL/JLU Wrangler Have You Ordered? Post and Vote Your Configuration Here! {filename}
Sponsored