Sponsored

What JL/JLU Wrangler Have You Ordered? Post and Vote Your Configuration Here!

Which 2018 JL/JLU have you ordered?

• 2-Door JL — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-Door JLU — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
Why not just build and ship the Dual-top that are ordered with hard top and then have dealer instal the soft top when they arrive later? I would hate to be waiting around for my new toy just because the soft top isn't ready.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Why not just build and ship the Dual-top that are ordered with hard top and then have dealer instal the soft top when they arrive later? I would hate to be waiting around for my new toy just because the soft top isn't ready.
Why ship twice to the same spot and increase the cost and the risk for loss / damage?
Doing it once at the time of production also ensures it gets done properly and avoids duplication.

If people don’t want to wait then they could get the HT-only and add a BesTop afterwards.
They can still change their order to do so now if a few weeks matter that much.

However since there appears to be a 90 day hold anyways, the difference in time is likely minimal.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Congrats all, the poll shows we have 25 orders already!

A note to all that have ordered the dual top. As noted in our 2018-19 JL production timeline, the soft top and dual tops are slightly delayed (likely a month or so after order banks have opened). This could mean that anyone who has ordered a dual top will experience either a delay or FCA will eliminate that on the initial orders until the soft top becomes available.

It remains to be seen just how this will be handled but just a heads up all who have or plan to order the dual top.

@Administrator, let us know about the 4.10 gears before we get VINs please! Is it standard or in any package?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I see the 17 x 7.5 wheel with polished lip seems to be an option (WLD) on the Rubicon or maybe others. What would the standard be, all black? I'd love to see the difference.

Bruno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
I live in Brazil. Here there is still no forecast to start the orders. Does anyone have any news about the beginning of sales in Brazil and which versions will come? Just the Sport?

Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
VON# 40396977
Just ordered a black rubicon unlimited fully loaded. I checked every box essentially other than the matching fenders as those will probably be replaced anyway!

Frencherator

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White JKU Sport, 2018 White JLU Rubicon (PRE-ORDERED)
Occupation
Firearms/Photography
Ordered a White JLU Rubi yesterday. The order sheet shows Build Priority: 01 instead of 99 like other member's. Anybody have an idea what that means?

JLU ORDER.jpg

Last edited:

TJO

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Ok, so I see the 17 x 7.5 wheel with polished lip seems to be an option (WLD) on the Rubicon or maybe others. What would the standard be, all black? I'd love to see the difference.
That was my question to the dealer. He could not answer. Said Chrysler rep will not give out any information before the lax auto show. Even to help make sure customers are ordering correctly. The sales rep believes the rims pictured on rubi from the manual that was leaked on stock Rubi rims. Therefore his guess is that the options rims are the all black rims we see on the test mules. I went for the optioned rims based on his guess. However I have my reservations that this is correct because the description on the option rims states "polished" which leads me to think the wheels shown on the rubi from manual may be the option rims and all black rims we see on test mules are the stock Rubi rims.

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
Ordered a White JLU Rubi yesterday. The order sheet shows Build Priority: 01 instead of 99 like other member's. Anybody have an idea what that means?

JLU ORDER.jpg
Good question!

Maybe because you only ordered the hard top and not dual top? According to the build timeline, hardtops are at the start of production and dual tops start about a month later.

Just a guess though!

Frencherator

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White JKU Sport, 2018 White JLU Rubicon (PRE-ORDERED)
Occupation
Firearms/Photography
Good question!

Maybe because you only ordered the hard top and not dual top? According to the build timeline, hardtops are at the start of production and dual tops start about a month later.

Just a guess though!
That's a good point! i didn't think of that. My dealer seems to also think that it might be the floor model Chrysler brings in December for the dealership to learn about the JL and that they will turn around and hand me over the keys. Only time will tell!

Sponsored

OneHotRodd

First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Challenger, 2013 Dodge Durango
Now that the 2018 Jeep Wrangler order bank has opened, please share with the community which one you've ordered here! There's a 2 vote max and we've added all trims/engines including later-available models.

If you're willing and able please post up your order confirmation, order date, etc.

This thread is only for those who have ALREADY placed an order, not for discussion of what you plan to order.

ORDER TRACKING: JLWF will be offering order tracking for your JL/JLU orders. Please see http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/order-tracking-for-your-jl-jlu-wrangler.1473/
Hi there! I ordered my Jeep Sport S on September 23rd, she got put on a train bound for NYC last Wednesday October 25th, I'm waiting for my dealership to call me any day and let me know she's on her way from NYC to me (upstate NY). I ordered Xtreme Purple (to match my 2014 Plum Crazy Dodge Challenger!) and am SUPER excited! This Jeep is the first vehicle I sat with a dealer and ordered!!! Happy to be in this group, I apologize up front if I post things incorrectly or what have you :)

Last edited:

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hi there! I ordered my Jeep Sport S on September 23rd, she got put on a train bound for NYC last Wednesday October 25th, I'm waiting for my dealership to call me any day and let me know she's on her way from NYC to me (upstate NY). I ordered Xtreme Purple (to match my 2014 Plum Crazy Dodge Challenger!) and am SUPER excited! This Jeep is the first vehicle I sat with a dealer and ordered!!! Happy to be in this group, I apologize up front if I post things incorrectly or what have you :)

Just an FYI - you ordered a JK (the current body style) not a JL (the new body style). If you wanted a JK :like: but if you’re looking for the JL you’ll have to place a new order soon!

OneHotRodd

First Name
Melanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Challenger, 2013 Dodge Durango
Well hell, again forgive me, I'm new to Jeep. And yes I did order the 2018 JK....so probably don't even belong to this group! :) lol, well it was fun while it lasted. I'm still very excited about my Jeep! Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

KittyWhip

First Name
TS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Ordered the Unlimited Sahara last night! So excited! I’ve had Wranglers for over 20 years, but never a BRAND NEW one. Can’t wait! Thanks to everyone posting all their info.
If you haven’t seen the images from yesterdays Jeep official images put out at SEMA check them out asap... I’ll attach one here too.
Yay for all of us! Xo #JeepGirl4Life

5341EDF6-EF7E-43A2-84DE-4B15E7C61924.jpeg

60BB88A7-18A9-430E-BC45-191677E49ECA.jpeg

loco

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrangler 2dr sport S
Ordered the Unlimited Sahara last night! So excited! I’ve had Wranglers for over 20 years, but never a BRAND NEW one. Can’t wait! Thanks to everyone posting all their info.
If you haven’t seen the images from yesterdays Jeep official images put out at SEMA check them out asap... I’ll attach one here too.
Yay for all of us! Xo #JeepGirl4Life

5341EDF6-EF7E-43A2-84DE-4B15E7C61924.jpeg

60BB88A7-18A9-430E-BC45-191677E49ECA.jpeg
Ordered a JLJP74 Sahara this morning. Held off until the forum posted the standard features list yesterday. trading in a 2015 2dr wrangler.
Sponsored