Sponsored

What JL/JLU Wrangler Have You Ordered? Post and Vote Your Configuration Here!

Which 2018 JL/JLU have you ordered?

• 2-Door JL — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-Door JLU — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Ordered Black Rubi today with body colored fenders and body colored roof and everything except the smoker's group. But quick question. I see on the previous post before mine it says sold order. mine says dealer order, and under status it says pending order. Should I be concerned?

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Ordered Black Rubi today with body colored fenders and body colored roof and everything except the smoker's group. But quick question. I see on the previous post before mine it says sold order. mine says dealer order, and under status it says pending order. Should I be concerned?
A sold order will have your name on the window sticker and a build priority of 1. Sold orders are built before dealer orders .
Sold orders have a build priority of 1 and are built before dealer orders. Also an a sold order your name will appear on the window sticker. If you picked out the options it should be a sold order. I would talk to your dealer.
IMG_20180116_052127561[1].jpg

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
I wondered the same thing when I put in my order on the 5th. Later on, my dealer confirmed for me that my order was, in fact, a sold order and that the paperwork I received was prior to it being put into their system. He showed me a picture of the order doc from his system and it has me listed as a Sold Order now with a Build Priority of 01.

I assume that yours is a similar issue, but as Fred noted, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to reach out to your dealer to confirm. Especially if you are on a tight schedule as I am.

EDIT: Also, holy cow can we go back to the pricing for the Rubicon in your window sticker, Fred? :(

Sponsored

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
I wondered the same thing when I put in my order on the 5th. Later on, my dealer confirmed for me that my order was, in fact, a sold order and that the paperwork I received was prior to it being put into their system. He showed me a picture of the order doc from his system and it has me listed as a Sold Order now with a Build Priority of 01.

I assume that yours is a similar issue, but as Fred noted, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to reach out to your dealer to confirm. Especially if you are on a tight schedule as I am.

EDIT: Also, holy cow can we go back to the pricing for the Rubicon in your window sticker, Fred? :(
talked to dealer today. he said he had to have manager put it in system and it is a sold order, so I'll just have to believe him.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Ordered yesterday. Easiest transaction ever. Takes me longer to buy groceries. $2,600 off invoice, $6,000+ off MSRP, $130 doc fee. I'm in. Now for the loooong wait.

IMG_3716-2 (1).jpg

tbill59

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7; 2018 JLU Sport; 2011 Audi S4; 2014 Nissan Maxima
JLU Sport with 3.6L V6 in Granite Crystal. Got an automatic transmission, black cloth seats, 3 piece hard top, smokers group, cold weather group, and convenience group. I special requested remote start and the 8.4in UConnect.

CC3A5CF8-2D24-4573-81DD-57DC46CEC6D9.jpeg
Just picked mine up. Great color

35A4A989-3006-4483-BB85-F2C47056D636.jpeg

mac0822

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Sometimes I wonder if ordering a Rubicon with no options would be the best “value”. Bet you’d lose very little on resale.

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ‘90 YJ, '22 4Runner
New order for a JLUR, Silver Billet, V6, manual trans, painted top & fenders, most of the options, no prox. I decided to end the wait for more colors, figuring I would rather enjoy it sooner. Now I just hope the 6 Spd MT doesn’t hold it up too long. 5% under invoice. Anyone have a manual JL deliver yet?

FD9CC9DA-0569-494C-B178-6FD117DF051F.jpeg

Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
ordered 12/8/17. got a VIN four days after!
Questions for your order date. I was calling a dealership in Nevada around that time and they kept telling me when they went to the Chrysler website (where they order) their was nothing to order because they had no numbers or information to order or identify anything so they could put in an order. By the way, I was not talking to a sales guy. After about two weeks, checking in every two days, on the 20th of December( they told me they had received the info to order on the 19, I was able to order. I did not even get a vin # for about a week after the order. So I'm curious how were some of you able to order and get a vin# so early?

mln

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jlu rubicon, f80 m3, odyssey
Questions for your order date. I was calling a dealership in Nevada around that time and they kept telling me when they went to the Chrysler website (where they order) their was nothing to order because they had no numbers or information to order or identify anything so they could put in an order. By the way, I was not talking to a sales guy. After about two weeks, checking in every two days, on the 20th of December( they told me they had received the info to order on the 19, I was able to order. I did not even get a vin # for about a week after the order. So I'm curious how were some of you able to order and get a vin# so early?
I was really surprised they got me a VIN in just four days. When I went to the dealer on 12/8 they didn't have any pricing at the time but they told me I could still order. Salesman pulled it up on his computer and we were able to pick options, etc and print out a sheet.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Not sure. I ordered on Monday and got a VIN @ the time of order. This is my order sheet printed the day after order with VIN#. I saw some older post were the guys that ordered in Nov. and Dec. waited weeks to get a VIN. I just chalked it up to things moving faster on the JL's 2 months after orders opened up. I know it doesn't mean I'm getting mine any faster. I actually hope not. Gotta sell my Hard Rock. I'll wait until it's been two weeks since order and check with dealer for a status. They won't know anything so I'll also try Jeep chat. Hopefully @JAY will be able to open up tracking to new folks. But ya. It's weird. Got my VIN# that day. Some don't??

IMG_3739.jpg

FPD

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 grand Cherokee overland, 2009 porsche 911 Turbo cab
Not sure. I ordered on Monday and got a VIN @ the time of order. This is my order sheet printed the day after order with VIN#. I saw some older post were the guys that ordered in Nov. and Dec. waited weeks to get a VIN. I just chalkedalso it up to things moving faster on the JL's 2 months after orders opened up. I know it doesn't mean I'm getting mine any faster. I actually hope not. Gotta sell my Hard Rock. I'll wait until it's been two weeks since order and check with dealer for a status. They won't know anything so I'll also try Jeep chat. Hopefully @JAY will be able to open up tracking to new folks. But ya. It's weird. Got my VIN# that day. Some don't??

IMG_3739.jpg
Ordered 1/19 from Station Jeep in Mansfield MA. 5% under invoice ( also took the 5% off the destination charge), no requirement to finance with them, loaded Sahara Unlimited.

Von# 40936744. Can you add to your tracking list?

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Incidentally, I ordered my JLUR with the Premium soft top and its in D1 now.
Sponsored