Sponsored

What JL/JLU Wrangler Have You Ordered? Post and Vote Your Configuration Here!

Which 2018 JL/JLU have you ordered?

• 2-Door JL — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4-Door JLU — Sport — 3.0L Diesel

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wmpj08

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKUR
Yes there is, and to qualify, you need to be a member of Tread Lightly and work with a dealer that will honor it.
Can you provide the website/link that I would use to sign up? And provide the cost? I think it used to be $100 for 3 years.
Sponsored

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your reply, I am looking for JL 2 Door. Your msg says JLU which I guess is an Unlimited version a 4 Door, the order copy says JLJS74, can you pls clarify once again.
Sorry, acronym lingo: JLUR (JL Unlimited (4-Door) Rubicon).

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
8 of you have voted that you have ordered,
2-Door JL — Rubicon — 3.6L Pentastar

Today I visited a Dealer in California to order, and they said only Unlimited models are available for ordering and the 2 Door is not yet open for ordering. Can you help me with how did you get to order the 2 door JL Rubicon? Also when you ordered what are the delivery timelines given to you?
I think some people voted based upon what they want to order and not what they actually have ordered. I initially almost voted but then read through it. I hope to be ordering mine in late spring/early summer after reviews start coming out.

Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

The only problem is the FCA Affiliate website isn't showing any 2018 Jeeps as available for the Tread Lightly discount yet.
Shouldn't be a problem applying Tread Lightly discount to the Wrangler JL. This is what resident dealer guy said about it in another thread:

I would say if you don’t care what options it has, wait for one to hit the lot. There have only ever been a few vehicles that the affiliate (tread lightly) pricing wasn’t good for. But they are few. Like the Demon, hybrid Pacifica, odd stuff. I can’t imagine that they will not put the JL in there.

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Shouldn't be a problem applying Tread Lightly discount to the Wrangler JL. This is what resident dealer guy said about it in another thread:
I'm hoping that's true. It's just weird that the 2018 models have been out a few months now and are still not showing up as eligible for Tread Lightly pricing. Hopefully that will be corrected by the time mine gets here. Although I'm not sure I couldn't get that price or better by just negotiating on my own.

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
Ordered today a 2018 JLUR
It seems the ordering options didn't change much in the past month.
Not sure about the optional wheels...I want the full black ones but there is no proper information on it. The system says the optional wheels are "polished lip", but Jay have asked on the LA auto show and the QA says the optional ones are the full black ones. Which is it?

IMG_0328.JPG

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
957DE591-2EF8-4ECF-B1D4-A49F251D7F3B.jpeg
Ordered today a 2018 JLUR
It seems the ordering options didn't change much in the past month.
Not sure about the optional wheels...I want the full black ones but there is no proper information on it. The system says the optional wheels are "polished lip", but Jay have asked on the LA auto show and the QA says the optional ones are the full black ones. Which is it?
Prevailing theory is that all black rims will be a special version of the stsndard rims that will come later.

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
957DE591-2EF8-4ECF-B1D4-A49F251D7F3B.jpeg

Prevailing theory is that all black rims will be a special version of the stsndard rims that will come later.
Hm...none of these look like the one the Hella Yella Wrangler ha
hella_yella_wheel.jpg
d at the LA Auto Show...that is the one I would have liked...

Sponsored

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
0F71D1B0-3A3C-4A8F-8F48-7B8C5C1082A9.jpeg
17B82D4B-1F08-4C6F-8FB2-BB5E977344C3.jpeg
Hm...none of these look like the one the Hella Yella Wrangler had at the LA Auto Show...that is the one I would have liked...
The black ones are the same as the standard Rubis just blacked out.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Ordered on 12/1/17 VON # 40596465, a 18 JLU Sahara, White, Blk Leather, Body color top, locking diff, safety group, headliner option, electronic infotainment sys, led light group, trailer tow with HD electrical group, cold weather group. Got the VIN on 12/4/17.

ericcastillo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Tundra, 2018 Jeep JL unlimited
Ordered my 2018 JL Sahara unlimited on Saturday!! Very excited to have this coming home. Can wait to lift it with a Rubicon Express kit and new wheels and tires

BoBo

First Name
BoBo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ordered
0F71D1B0-3A3C-4A8F-8F48-7B8C5C1082A9.jpeg
17B82D4B-1F08-4C6F-8FB2-BB5E977344C3.jpeg

The black ones are the same as the standard Rubis just blacked out.
You are right...
So I guess we can not get the black version at the moment?
I should remove the optional wheels from my order then (the "polished lip" one), why pay extra if that one is not black either.

Maybe order the standard and Plasti-Dip?
Sponsored

Last edited: