Sponsored

What JK mods will still fit the JL?

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I hope a list gets released soon so I can order everything in advance such as grills, bumpers and sliders.
I know light bar brackets will be different due to the new windshield rake, but that's all I can think of that's obvious.
Sponsored

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
If the grille has a bend and no turn signals then JK grilles won't fit. Front bumpers maybe. Longer wheelbase may mean rockers and steps might not fit depending on where the mounting points are located on the JL. Rear bumpers may have to be adapted to the lower spare tire if they still fit. Flat fenders or tube fenders will have to be redesigned. I don't see a whole lot of JK to JL compatibility.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
^^ Very little will transfer.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Wider axles will mean different backspacing for rims ? Has the bolt pattern been confirmed to be same as JK, 5 on 5 ?

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Im just ready for the 1st JL front bumper I see for sale. I will stick it on my JK till the Scrambler is delivered.
Hopefully the steel bumpers will come down in price if they are common on the Rubicons. Right now those bumpers are more expensive then AEV bumpers.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Cargo, bike carriers and trailers...heh. Besides accessories like exterior light bars (brackets like you mentioned may need to change) I don't think anything replacing parts on the JK will transfer to the JL.

I would wait...I know...its bad enough to wait for the JL but you need everything on day one? Well I suppose some do...lol

Interesting question on the JL bolt pattern. I'd be surprised if it changes even with the new axles, etc. Best guess it will remain the same but def dont buy wheels before knowing for sure.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I actually liked the simple 5 spoke silver wheels on the Sport models. Easy to clean and mud/dirt didn't get crammed into little crevices/fake bolts etc.

jnutz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Im just ready for the 1st JL front bumper I see for sale. I will stick it on my JK till the Scrambler is delivered.
Are you still looking for a JL bumper? I have one in black. I just put a new front bumper on.
Sponsored