Sponsored

What is your mindset regarding your Jeep, rate it!

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
I'll give mine a modified #9...call it 9A:

Its been exactly as expected and more...and its a SHAME that I likely won't have a chance to buy a high-output V8 beast of an ICE Wrangler again after the 2024 model year.
Sponsored

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Your question to begin with I don't think is correct.

Are you asking to rate your jeep, or rate the business, two different things in my book.

Especially since the completely redesigned JL was done under FCA.

Zippity

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport 2dr 2019
9 & 10 for me. I've never had a vehicle I felt comfortable taking off road. So many great times on Arizona trails. Also, a lot of fun with all the mods. I never thought I'd enjoy it this much, and wish I bought one sooner!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Your question to begin with I don't think is correct.

Are you asking to rate your jeep, or rate the business, two different things in my book.

Especially since the completely redesigned JL was done under FCA.
What about it isn't correct? It's explicitly about "your Jeep". Not FCA.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
What about it isn't correct? It's explicitly about "your Jeep". Not FCA.
Rating 6 asks if FCA (The company) took care of issues.

Rating 3 asks if jeep (Jeep the company )really cares of or not.

Both asking about the business.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase

It's the owners who aren't what they used to be.

giphy.gif
I first got into off roading in 2000 but Jeep didn't make what I wanted in a wrangler so I got an Xterra. 19 of 20 posts were discussing mods or off roading; building skids, bumpers, sliders or swapping a solid axle. Not adding a bigger infotainment screen, colored rings to the AC knobs, or a grab handle. If something corroded we put bed liner on it. Monthly maintenance and mod days were the norm.

20 years later I got the vehicle I always wanted but can't find the people/club.

maestro5531

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 HydroBlue TRX , 23 HydroBlue JL Willys
If it was my only vehicle and I travel a lot, it would be 1. It simply sucks driving long distances on the hwy.

I give it 7 because I can pick up keys for my other fun carsafter I get tired of the shitty ride quality.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I first got into off roading in 2000 but Jeep didn't make what I wanted in a wrangler so I got an Xterra. 19 of 20 posts were discussing mods or off roading; building skids, bumpers, sliders or swapping a solid axle. Not adding a bigger infotainment screen, colored rings to the AC knobs, or a grab handle. If something corroded we put bed liner on it. Monthly maintenance and mod days were the norm.

20 years later I got the vehicle I always wanted but can't find the people/club.
The automotive industry, and consumers' expectations, have changed more in the last 15 years than in the prior 50.

This focus on larger screens, connectivity, the latest apps, etc., started with the advent of the iPhone. For better or worse, this is what consumers are focused on these days.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
Mine is a '22 392 XR. Definitely the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. So, an easy 10 for me.

Sponsored

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
I am amazed how the Jeep seems to have a Love/Hate relationship with their owners.

I know on my forums many manufactures read posts like this and take them back to upper management. Select your rating and expound on it. Maybe as a group we can get our message to FCA management and help to shape the future of Jeep!

10. Best vehicle I have ever purchased
9. For the most part its exactly what I expected, Would buy again
8. Awesome vehicle can't wait for the next new model to buy
7. So, So, But it does the job. FCA could have done better for the price
6. I have had issues but got FCA took care of them, happy
5. Not unhappy, but not happy
4. Its been an uphill battle, I have had more then my share of problems
3. Not what I expected, I don't really feel Jeep Cares.
2. Its been an uphill battle, would not buy again
1. Total garbage, sorry I purchased and would not recommend.

Remember, select your rating and say why you feel this way! Cheers to all!
7. So, So, But it does the job. FCA could have done better for the price.
Too much modern electronic stuff crammed into a traditional style ride. I don't want ASS, touchscreens, two batteries or dual doors. Half doors should be optional/standard. The rigid side windows of the soft top make it difficult to stow, and the more slanted windshield and other half ass aero changes make minor crosswind absolutely brutal with doors/top off. (The YJ is 1000x better topless/doorless).
Beyond that, it's a decent Jeep. I'll be impressed if it lasts 30+ years like my other one, but I don't really expect that kind of longevity from it.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
I absolutely love mine, period. It’s a damn 10 That’s my mindset.

seriously, what’s with all the multiple odd jeep quality questions lately? Like:
A. Do you really love your jeep
B. What would you do different in your purchase
C. Do you feel FCA really makes a good product
D. Will your next vehicle be a Jeep
E. Should I buy a jeep
F. Do you feel you got what you were expecting with your current jeep
G. What problems have you had
H. What do you dislike about your Jeep
I. How has your Jeep let you down in your transition to becoming a woman
J. Is your Jeep male or female

and now
K. What is your mindset regarding your Jeep, Rate it.

Last edited:

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
9- no exception/ 10- ranks high, exception have owned a couple well into 6 figure today classics /. 8- should be 3 1/2, Awesome vehicle, but with no next new model V8 or diesel, I really don’t think Jeep cares !

Last edited:

DewHawk

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '04 M3
Occupation
USAF F-16 Crew Chief
Well this is interesting for me considering I’ve had 3 in short succession.

My first 4xe would probably rate at an 8.
My 2nd would definitely rate at a 5.
And so far my current EcoDiesel is a 10 and what I should’ve friggin started with from the get go.
Live and learn I guess. 🤷‍♂️

BasementKitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU
Love the vehicle, hate the manufacturer?

Based on the criteria presented, I'd say 5. What I really want is a modern vehicle that doesn't have the possibility of locking me out of operation due to software issues or because of a funky battery workaround (ESS) and a company that actually stood behind their warranty and provided parts and service while it was under that warranty. After that warranty expires, leave me the hell alone.

Give me the option of a basic vehicle that I can customize and beat up as I see fit. I don't need or want an infotainment system that will be obsolete in ten years, and every bell and whistle that comes as "standard" that is just one more thing that will break that doesn't leave me a viable option. My old CJ5 was uncomfortable to drive, had no "conveniences," sucked gas like it was a dying man in the desert at a watering hole, and needed tinkering with to keep running, but I could pretty much fix most things on the trail and get home. I want that, AND the option of buying a luxury vehicle on the same platform with all of the bells and whistles. I like some of the advances modern tech has done for vehicles, but I don't like the thinking that a driver will always have the option of having a mechanic available.

No, the company was really happy to sell me a vehicle, but wasn't that keen to support it when it needed fixing, and didn't seem to want to communicate with me during that time, even to just let me know that the parts were stuck on a container ship somewhere from time to time. But they sure can send me a "survey" on how their service was every few days.

As far as my new Jeep goes, I love the basic vehicle. I love the coil suspension compared to the leaf springs, I think that is a huge step up, but keeping solid axle front sus, even with the various issues that presents, is why I love the Jeep, combined with the excellent approach, breakover, and departure angles, while still being fairly stable cornering (for a truck, it ain't a sports car).

What I am waiting for is the Jeep electric with hub motors in each wheel, eliminating the axles and diffs altogether. That'll truly be a game changer in clearance and traction.
Sponsored

Last edited: