Sponsored

What is your ideal wrangler powerplant?

What would you buy? All have 500 hp / 500 ft lb torque...

• Total voters

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking Demon....
Sponsored

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 21 JL Hemi Sold: JL, JK, TJ, XJ
Occupation
IT Infrastructure Security
I've always wanted a Hellcat Wrangler. But given a choice, I know I'd have a hard time picking between a Hemi and electric w/generator. Instant torque is addicting.

Thanks for voting!

edit: yeah, that is my vote for the electric.

edit2: Keep in mind, there is no distinction between gas/diesel, for example a tubo v6 could be either.

i added supercharged v6 and naturally aspirated, but let's be realistic, we can't build a 500hp i4 without forced induction and afford it.

I also wanted to add LS3 because it is such a strong engine but wanted to stay within the mopar family.
There was supposed to be an Inline 6 in development as a potential replacement for the Pentastar (or a HO Option?)but it seems to have dropped off the Radar.

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
I chose Hemi, but there was no diesel (4 or 6cyl) option. In some markets, the 2.2L Multijet is only a grand more than the 2.0T. A 2-door Rubicon with the Mulijet would be a riot.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
There was supposed to be an Inline 6 in development as a potential replacement for the Pentastar (or a HO Option?)but it seems to have dropped off the Radar.
Check wagoneerforums.org website and click on future powertrains. The turbo inline 6 engine will show up first in the Wagoneers late this year, a few months after their initial launch. The high output version will have around 525 horsepower.

Jim_n_Tx

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, Commando, JT , JL, M422
The slightly tweaked straight 6 in my '06 TJ (and it's clutch!). There is no current equivalent.

Sponsored

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The slightly tweaked straight 6 in my '06 TJ (and it's clutch!). There is no current equivalent.
Agree! I miss my manual Straight 6 and my TJ.

Gurk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Check wagoneerforums.org website and click on future powertrains. The turbo inline 6 engine will show up first in the Wagoneers late this year, a few months after their initial launch. The high output version will have around 525 horsepower.
Thanks BrewDad, and I'm very curious what the NA version will put out as well. Now that I see it will be likely a 2.9 L then it will need a Turbocharger for sure, if not two.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dski

dski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubi 4dr
Occupation
small business owner
low load and long tank range
You are absolutely right. ~280 mile range is brutal when driving any distance. I've looked at auxiliary tanks but haven't been able to justify the cost. My low fuel light comes on at 1/4 tank. A 1/4 TANK!

Someday, I hope to get 400 miles of range in a wrangler.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
You are absolutely right. ~280 mile range is brutal when driving any distance. I've looked at auxiliary tanks but haven't been able to justify the cost. My low fuel light comes on at 1/4 tank. A 1/4 TANK!

Someday, I hope to get 400 miles of range in a wrangler.
tune it, intake, long range tank and it can

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Either an NA V8 or a turbo straight six, either with manual transmission, in two-door Rubicon variant would get me out of my current V6.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
I just watched this for the first time...

Whoever did the marketing for this I think never drove an older jeep. "Power that goes where it wants to go and does what it wants to do". I had two or three jeeps like that in the past. Trick is to change the shocks and fix the steering, then it "goes" where you want it to go etc. LOL
Sponsored