RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
We are currently testing the JK version of the new rack which should be available 1st quarter 2019. The JL version will follow hopefully by beginning of summer.
So..if I've got this correct....

old rack: catilever is to back of rig

new rack: catilver is to either side of rig, and being done for both the JK and JL models?

Since the JK already has a rack doing this why not work on the JL version of the new or old rack first before revisiting the design of a second JK version of the rack sliding sideways?

..I mean in some ways I get it: tons of JKs out there versus JLs, but the JK owners already have one of your racks....

Maybe you want to "soft open" the release of the new rack with the JK version first???

BTW: you know what would be freakin' awesome down the road..? Putting some linear actuators on the rack to slide it back and forth (at least say to the passenger's side and back because we park on the right on all but one way streets in the States.)

Slide rack to the side , pop Sunrider, slide rack back, all without getting out of your seat.
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Ya I agree. Not sure why so many companies are revisiting designs for the JK before JL.

WhatExit?

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition | 2021 F350 6.7L
Just got this today via email:

Hello there!

We have finally released the GOBI Gladiator roof rack!
It is now available for pre-order.
I have attached a link to the website for you to review it.
https://www.gobiracks.com/product-category/jeep/gladiator-2019-2020/

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance and thank you very much for your patience and support as we work to extend our GOBI line of products.
THANK YOU!
Alex Montalvan 14509 E 33RD PLACE, UNIT E AURORA, CO 80011
E: [email protected] | W: GOBIRACKS.com | P:(720) 479 9372
SMALL BUSINESS GROWING IN A BIG WORLD

screenshot from their webpage:
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 10.00.57 AM.png

mroback23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
I had the new Front Runner rack installed on my JL in South Africa. It uses interior hardware, so minimal, if any, weight on the hard top. Great rack so far. A little higher profile than some of the others, but exactly what I need here. According to FR, they’re in pre-production now and are shipping some to the US in January.
Is that the Slimline II Extreme roof rack? I've been eyeing that one recently.

JprOverseas

First Name
KP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
It's the Extreme roof rack. An excellent product, but they have to drill through the hardtop to mount directly to the roll bar. Makes for excellent load bearing and stability, but much more complicated if you want to take the hardtop off.

mroback23

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
It's the Extreme roof rack. An excellent product, but they have to drill through the hardtop to mount directly to the roll bar. Makes for excellent load bearing and stability, but much more complicated if you want to take the hardtop off.
Thank you so much for your answer. I kept searching for good options (quality and price) and I came accross to several good roof racks but the Eezi-Awn is catching my attention and the price is not as high as some others.
Sponsored