Sponsored

What is your favorite pocket tool for jeeping?

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I have been carrying a Leatherman Wingman on all of my trips for the past 18 months or so and I find I need it for something on almost every trip. For example, the last two weeks I have used it to repair two lighted flag poles for different people. I've also used it to cut and re-apply zip ties, replace a missing screw and open packages and cans. Just a short list off the top of my head.

While the Wingman has been a great tool, I am always open to something better or more "Jeep focused."

So what are you carrying and using?
Sponsored

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
I carry a 10mm-19mm wrench and socket set.crescent wrench. Couple screw drivers, crazily enough I packed a Jack stand on my last trip too. The trip before last my passenger rear caliper locked up so I also brought some extra stuff including caliper grease and a large channel locker

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
I carry a 10mm-19mm wrench and socket set.crescent wrench. Couple screw drivers, crazily enough I packed a Jack stand on my last trip too. The trip before last my passenger rear caliper locked up so I also brought some extra stuff including caliper grease and a large channel locker
Yes I carry a fairly full set of tools in a box strapped down in the back for when things really go badly. But I'm asking about a small multi-tool that folks might carry in their pocket or the center console that is their "go to" for minor little fixes.

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I carry an older version of the current Leatherman "Rebar" multi-tool. It's been my pocket companion for more years than I'd care to admit. ;)

REWJeep

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude Unlimited
This is not Jeep-specific, but I like the Gerber MP600 for the simple reason that the pliers can easily be opened and closed one-handed.

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
Leatherman Free P2.
I have a K2 and a P4. I'll take a look at the P2. Thanks

Update - after looking at both the P2 is “better” but not a big enough upgrade since I already have the Wingman.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I carry a stupid amount of tools but none in my pocket except for a couple small plastic ice scrapers. IE, My plastic debit and credit card, I don't leave home without them. BTW, My JLR has never let me down but without that plastic I'm not going very far.
Yeah, same here, but I do keep my plastic in one of these, really simplified my life TBH.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is your favorite pocket tool for jeeping? 1663523885039

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'd be lost without this. I've carried it in my pocket everyday for years. While I do carry other tools in my Jeep and truck, this is the most useful little thing I've ever had. It will keep you from breaking knife blades by using them for a tool. It will pry nails out of tires, remove plastic clips, staples, small nails, turn screws. It is a great supplement to all of your other tools. I carry it loose in my pocket and it mixes in with change. The hole can even be used as a makeshift bender for small jobs, even a brake line repair on the trail.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is your favorite pocket tool for jeeping? 1663523933186

https://www.gerbergear.com/en-us/shop/multi-tools/all-multi-tools/shard-22-01769

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
I'd be lost without this. I've carried it in my pocket everyday for years. While I do carry other tools in my Jeep and truck, this is the most useful little thing I've ever had. It will keep you from breaking knife blades by using them for a tool. It will pry nails out of tires, remove plastic clips, staples, small nails, turn screws. It is a great supplement to all of your other tools. I carry it loose in my pocket and it mixes in with change. The hole can even be used as a makeshift bender for small jobs, even a brake line repair on the trail.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is your favorite pocket tool for jeeping? 1663523933186

https://www.gerbergear.com/en-us/shop/multi-tools/all-multi-tools/shard-22-01769
I have one of these somewhere.

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
I carry an older version of the current Leatherman "Rebar" multi-tool. It's been my pocket companion for more years than I'd care to admit. ;)
The Rebar has more tools tgan the Wingman and might ne worth changing to. Thank you.

OP
OP
rkwfxd

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unemployed
This is not Jeep-specific, but I like the Gerber MP600 for the simple reason that the pliers can easily be opened and closed one-handed.
This looks good but I noticed quite a few neg reviews due to the clip falling off.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I have the leatherman signal, use it all the time. Lost the pocket clip screw and found it a few days later on a scissor lift at the job site. Almost bought a new one and kept the old one for parts. I've used all the tools on it except for the fire starter
Sponsored