Sponsored

What is your estimated production date cutoff for me having zero chance of my ordered 4xe arriving before Dec. 31st?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
My Wrangler 4xe has been in the "confirmed" status for 2-3 weeks now and is not yet on the schedule to be built. I'm under the gun of wanting to get my deal done before the end of the year so I can grab the $7500 tax credit. What date would you guess is the cutoff for me realistically still having a chance to get it before the end of the year? I'm thinking I might need to bail on my order and get something local if it doesn't get scheduled soon. Thanks!
Sponsored

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I think if it is built by end of November, a month to ship to you should be no problem. I'd start getting nervous mid-Nov, then looking hard at dealer stock beginning of Dec.

Belgianballer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Iā€™m in the exact same position. Finally bit the bullet and put a deposit on an incoming dealer stock at MSRP so I donā€™t miss out on $7500 federal and $2500 state tax credit. Iā€™m in Colorado and unfortunately 4xe sell so quickly here none of the dealers will budge below MSRP, and Iā€™m not traveling 12+ hours to save a couple %. Amazingly they are giving me $6k more for my trade in than I paid.

Loaded sting gray rubicon coming in three weeks! Pretty excited and will be much needed capability living on a crappy dirt road at 10,000 feet.

4xE-Jawn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sahara 4xE, '01 TJ
I ordered my 4xe 8/18 and was delivered to NC on 10/12 so a little under 2 months. While I was tracking it, it seems like most 4xe's are in that same amount of time, with a few lucky ones getting it sooner and some unlucky ones taking a few weeks longer.

Sponsored

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
I think if it is built by end of November, a month to ship to you should be no problem. I'd start getting nervous mid-Nov, then looking hard at dealer stock beginning of Dec.
Ours has been in shipping for over a month already, so I would say that the ship has already sailed for getting it by the end of the year.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I wouldnā€™t bet on anything. I hope you get it before the end of the year but Murphy and his damn law are always waiting in the shadows. I remember seeing my ā€˜22 order go to July scheduling and starting production, thinking Iā€™d have it in time to take my son out wheeling before he went back to school and I had neck surgery. Well, summer passed by, my neck surgery happened and here I am FOUR MONTHS later still ā€œin productionā€ because the steel bumper got scratched while waiting at JB.

So yeah, thereā€™s that. Unless you are getting a screaming good deal on your ordered one, Iā€™d grab one from a lot if the opportunity presented itself. It would obviously depend on the pricing because what good is the tax credit if you take a bath on the purchase?

Shark01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 392, 2005 Ford GT, 1999 Lamborghini Diablo
Ours has been in shipping for over a month already, so I would say that the ship has already sailed for getting it by the end of the year.
Yeah I think you are done already

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: It's gone D1 / scheduled to be built, and my dealer informs me that I have a ship date of Dec. 13th. I'm in Washington state. A sliver of a chance perhaps?

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm... just got an update that says "New codes: 4M4. 4M4 code MAY mean you regressed from D1 to D." Crap.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
If I were you and wanted the credit, I would go to a dealer. I doubt you'll see your order by the end of the month, especially since you regressed.
Sponsored