What is your best/favorite mod for under $20

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Bypassing the godforsaken AUX battery. Battery switch and fused jumper comes out to like $20. Smart Stop Start to keep ESS off can be had for $175. (To be fair, I am using a Tazer which costs more, but an SSS is all that’s needed for this mod.)
Sponsored

BCFRJeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler YJ 2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Navy

BCFRJeeper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler YJ 2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired Navy
Posting this in case the wife is lurking.
Have not done anything that was over $20.00.
What kind of world do we live in where a person has to post stuff like this??? Oh honey, non of my firearms were over $500.00.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The $4/month roadside assistance I added to my insurance. It is an FCA vehicle after all.

Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Govee Interior Car Lights, LED Car Strip Lights with Two-Line Waterproof Design, 48 LEDs App Control Car Light Kit, DIY Mode and Music Sync Under Dash Car Lighting with Car Charger, DC 12V

This is $22.99($26.99CAD .CA) on Amazon, pretty cheap LED lighting system

$21.59 CAD if code below works for you.

Here is a code for 20% off, don't know if this works once, or multiple times, it's for the .ca, may work on .com, I don't have a .com account so I don't know.

UQ4K-S5Y9GR-ARP8A2

I just use it for visibility when the kids drop stuff, but it has music sync, and various colour options, control with phone app for more options, or use the hardware controller for basic operation.

I didn't use the sticky, I just tied it in with supplied zip ties, if anyone installs this nicely hidden in the cargo area, I would like to see the install.

I have to revisit my install, since it's still too cold here to be fiddling around.

Or cargo and rear seat install might be a nice configuration.

Note these are not waterproof, so sports bar install might get tricky, for the top off rain situations.

They do have waterproof LED, but not for vehicles, but seem simple enough to rig up, the non car LED is just one long continuous line of LED, with a USB at the end.

https://www.amazon.com/Interior-Gov...ild=1&keywords=H61140A1&qid=1616315721&sr=8-1

Their TV backlighting is pretty nice 25% off code, don't know if this is one-time use or works on .com, these codes show up for flash sales randomly in the app. J8X7-RM7EHK-ST8ZAV

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TXKGKGR?qid=1616316497

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
What do you use the magnets for?
FE435542-B233-4FFA-AEC8-C0736B9A9A58.jpeg

I use them to hold stuff to the backboard of my desk and as fridge magnets.

Didn't come in as handy as I thought in the Jeep.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
"Do Not Flash" OBD port plug. I paid $19.91; as I type this post the current price is $17.94.

Originally purchased for my brother as a Christmas gift. He's the original owner of a Jetta turbo diesel with VW's illegal factory emissions tune. It runs very well and returns remarkable fuel mileage. Via enthusiast forums similar to this one, he's well aware that those owners that have had their TDs adjusted to a legal emissions tune don't run as well, and/or suffer from reduced MPGs. With that in mind, I've issued two strict instructions to him:

1. Take the vehicle only to a local independent garage for the annual safety inspection. It should never be turned over to a VW dealer. He should not trust the service dept. to not flash his vehicle, even if he tells them not to do so.
2. If he decides to sell the car, I want right of first refusal.

With #1 in mind, I gave him the Do Not Flash port cover. Figuring its potential was greater than just his own requirements, I bought one for myself and installed it on the JLU. It provides peace of mind until I determine otherwise.
Sponsored