OP
OllieChristopher

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
I'm more of a rider than a 4 wheel guy. I have been on most all of the 4wd trails here in Southern California though. The name calling and disparaging remarks I can do without.
Advertisement

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
wanderer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm more of a rider than a 4 wheel guy. I have been on most all of the 4wd trails here in Southern California though. The name calling and disparaging remarks I can do without.
haha, Your trail run claim I find doubtful, there are many hundreds if not thousands of F.S.,B.L.M. and N.P.trails available just in SoCa. BTW, You included yourself in my fruits and nuts category and I never did any name calling. It was you calling me out and a troll, I simply responded and I'm always honest.

zouch

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
Not true!! This is why people die every year. You have to prepare and have yourself and rig capable of navigating. If not then it can get ugly.
seems you're missing your own point; it is absolutely true that the trails mentioned are for everyone, hence why people die out there every year.
nobody said just because they're for the public it's OK to go out there stupid, and that goes as much for when we're on 2 wheels as when we're on 4.

now it seems like you're just disqualifying yourself in multiple ways, not the least of which is that you started this thread specifically on the premise of disparaging others.

OP
OP
OllieChristopher

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
seems you're missing your own point; it is absolutely true that the trails mentioned are for everyone, hence why people die out there every year.
nobody said just because they're for the public it's OK to go out there stupid, and that goes as much for when we're on 2 wheels as when we're on 4.

now it seems like you're just disqualifying yourself in multiple ways, not the least of which is that you started this thread specifically on the premise of disparaging others.
You can twist it any way you like. I will never ever agree that stacking rocks and destroying trails for self indulged gratification is right. I'm smart enough to know when to turn around when the trail gets too rough.

Too many of the motoring public think otherwise and that's why trails and riding/driving areas are closing. I have volunteered many hours of my time with both BLM and Forestry Service over the years to fix stupid trail behavior. Trash, erosion due to illegal off trail bypasses, cutting down living trees etc.

Rock stacking is just the newest version of destroying our trail systems. I assure you if a BLM or Forestry officer were to catch someone modifying it with rock stacking there are not going to be too happy.

As per BLM regulation: "Outdoor recreational activities are allowed on BLM land, with the stipulation that you leave the land the way you found it."

Anyone who has volunteered with the BLM or Forestry Service already knows this. Everyone else is simply uneducated. Coming on a forum and bragging about splitting rocks and chopping off living branches is a disservice to all of as who enjoy the trails.

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
wanderer
Vehicle Showcase
Chris you are wrong and twist words to your narrative. If folks knew you are just a troll that doesn't even own a Wrangler they might consider puting you on their ignore list, like I'm going to do.

BTW, here is a sad quote from YOU to a Wrangler owning member,

"Hoo boy!! I'm just curious as to why you are even here on a Jeep forum. How about you go to your TicToc and Instagram accounts and hang out with your own kind!! LOL :CWL: "

A direct quote from your post #96 on the thread below.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ngler-high-altitude.83259/page-7#post-1740890

Last edited:
OP
OP
OllieChristopher

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How about you go to your TicToc and Instagram accounts and hang out with your own kind!! LOL :CWL: "
I'm too old for that nonsense. Nice try though!!

If folks knew you are just a troll that doesn't even own a Wrangler they might consider puting you on their ignore list, like I'm going to do.
Your choice to ignore me. In fact might not be a bad idea if you do so. FWIW, I don't need to own a Wrangler JL nor have I ever claimed to. I have every right to my point of views just as yourself.

I've cleared a few of my favorite trails of troublesome bolders and outcropings that are known to damage vehicles. I found a 20v Dewalt cordless roto hammer, 1/2" masonry bit, feathers&wedges and a 5 LB. hammer is all it takes easily split some big rocks.

Your self admitted destruction to trails tells me you are not the kind of driver that represents most of the off road community. I have my doubts that you have spent much (if any) time volunteering your time with the BLM and Forestry Service.

I find it odd and disturbing that there are forum members of a Jeep Wrangler community who have no issue destroying trails and cast aside anyones opinion who's a steward of the Tread Lightly motto. Oh well I'm set in my ways. I make no apologies for it.

However, you are allowed your beliefs even if they are not in agreement to my own.

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement