Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
I'm going with it's because he was "nice" and possibly naive so they thought they'd reply. Tho they were probably laughing their asses off:like:

fa766f193931919683d544c23d75c03b.jpg
I was being "nice" and understanding at first when I brought up the issues with them.

But after dropping $60K on a brand new Rubicon that "niceness" quickly fades after no response or advise from them.

Some of the issues were fixed by dealer and some weren't...I just bit the bullet and moved on with issues like poor paint quality and such.

And for the record my rear window STILL leaks water...but hey, it's a Jeep right??

Stretcher

I was being "nice" and understanding at first when I brought up the issues with them.

But after dropping $60K on a brand new Rubicon that "niceness" quickly fades after no response or advise from them.

Some of the issues were fixed by dealer and some weren't...I just bit the bullet and moved on with issues like poor paint quality and such.

And for the record my rear window STILL leaks water...but hey, it's a Jeep right??
Car comes broken from the factory - it's a Jeep right? ...Right!????

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

Then why did you accept it? Did you not inspect it before taking delivery? You couldn't see the "poor paint"? :surprised:

Sponsored

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Then why did you accept it? Did you not inspect it before taking delivery? You couldn't see the "poor paint"? :surprised:
I hate it when people say that...the poor paint issues were under the hood in corners, in the door jams and on roof of painted hard top.

They were very hard to notice.

And the leaking water and things like broken latches are all things thank could not be foreseen.

Which is exactly why they warranty the things.

Claiming I should have some how known or seen things is total bs. Again, the lemon laws are in place for exactly these reasons.

jayd33

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Y, 2020 Defender 110, 2022 392 ordered
The best thing about this site for me has been to lower my expectations when it comes to fit and finish of the vehicle. At this point, I’ll just be glad if mine doesn’t lose the hardtop on the freeway, wobble onto oncoming traffic, and spontaneously combust. Everything else is just a Jeep thing. #dontsweatthesmallstuff #jeep

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I hate it when people say that...the poor paint issues were under the hood in corners, in the door jams and on roof of painted hard top.

They were very hard to notice.

And the leaking water and things like broken latches are all things thank could not be foreseen.

Which is exactly why they warranty the things.

Claiming I should have some how known or seen things is total bs. Again, the lemon laws are in place for exactly these reasons.
You are correct, but lemon laws do not cover that. They are in place to rectify safety issues, not cosmetic issues. While I agree with you that the paint issues you posted photos, and water leaks are not acceptable, the vehicle will not be deemed lemon based on those alone. These are not safety issues, and in most states the lemon laws are very specific that it has to affect the safety or function of the vehicle.
Again, I don't think you should shrug it off as "a Jeep thing", but I wouldn't bank on that lemon law either. Try some honey with the dealership and hopefully they'll make it right. Nobody wants to do a favor for someone who is rude to them (not saying you have been, just recommending that you avoid it).

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
You are correct, but lemon laws do not cover that. They are in place to rectify safety issues, not cosmetic issues. While I agree with you that the paint issues you posted photos, and water leaks are not acceptable, the vehicle will not be deemed lemon based on those alone. These are not safety issues, and in most states the lemon laws are very specific that it has to affect the safety or function of the vehicle.
Again, I don't think you should shrug it off as "a Jeep thing", but I wouldn't bank on that lemon law either. Try some honey with the dealership and hopefully they'll make it right. Nobody wants to do a favor for someone who is rude to them (not saying you have been, just recommending that you avoid it).
The lemon law thing was an example of certain laws and warranties that cover unforeseen issues buddy...

I know lemon law doesnt cover that...I am leagues away from being I'll informed

Sponsored

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
The best thing about this site for me has been to lower my expectations when it comes to fit and finish of the vehicle. At this point, I’ll just be glad if mine doesn’t lose the hardtop on the freeway, wobble onto oncoming traffic, and spontaneously combust. Everything else is just a Jeep thing. #dontsweatthesmallstuff #jeep
My whole point is that "it's a jeep thing" shouldn't be so.

It's basically giving the FCA a HUGE pass to sell extremely sub-par quality to folks who spend a premium.

Love my Rubicon, but to be honest the quality of cosmetics and things here and there on delivery is somewhat offensive and disrespectful as a high paying consumer.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Based on these pics I can understand why you are not happy. I have nothing even close to that on mine. (i know that doesn't help you one bit) You managed to get a nasty one, that's for sure.

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
Based on these pics I can understand why you are not happy. I have nothing even close to that on mine. (i know that doesn't help you one bit) You managed to get a nasty one, that's for sure.
Notice how @JeepCares will not respond.

Crack a ridiculous joke and they'll be all over it.

And even if they do...I posted this stuff nearly a year ago.

Whatever, it's all good. I fixed the issues myself to the best of my ability.

Win some lose some..

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
My JL didn’t come with that mat. I need one and I bet I’ll have no problem installing it.
I don’t know... never underestimate those mat installs. Be sure to watch a few YouTube videos to familiarize yourself with the process.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I need some guidance. My JL did not come with that mat either cuz some idiot put a speaker back there! If I order the mat, do I put it under or over the speaker? I couldn't find a YouTube for this either! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored