Sponsored

What is this called and how can I get accessories for it?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Fixed...lol
So you spend the $300 on the aux switches (82215798AD for the rubicon silver trim), install the switch panel, and just leave all the cables in the box.

Believe me, I thought for a minute or two about buying the $700 towing package just to not have a little stupid cubby taunting me. Then I realized that was asinine and skipped it. XD At least if you don't buy a rubicon you get the whole cubby instead of half a cubby.

Oh well.

Sponsored

Storminā€™ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I love the thread title, pretty much every Jeep owner ever. Soldiers were probably having this same conversation at the Battle of Bastogne.

"What is this called and how can I get accessories for it?"

OP
OP

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I love the thread title, pretty much every Jeep owner ever. Soldiers were probably having this same conversation at the Battle of Bastogne.

"What is this called and how can I get accessories for it?"
:rock:

Really, what I want is a replacement rubber piece that is about .5 - .75" deeper and a little bit grippier, so that my mobile phone will stay put in there more reliably. Now when I accelerate uphill or rapidly, it tends to slide out.

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
I pulled the factory rubber liner out of mine, just gave it a little yank. No damage, It makes the height much more usable. Now I can actually fit things there. When I do they come flying out several minutes later because there is no grip to keep them in. FML.

It's a useless waste of space IMO.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
upload_2019-9-12_18-5-50.jpeg

That slot below the window switches, 12v, and media ports? What is it called?
I really want to keep my phone in there when driving, but itā€™s not quite deep enough and / or not quite tacky / grippy enough.
It's called "The slot below the window switches, 12v and media ports." It's for storing the ashes of the dead bodies of the people who don't Jeep Wave back at you. Just kidding.

The key fob fits in there nicely and if you have a bunch of keys on it they can just hang out. My wallet and cell phone fit perfect but I have a Pantech dumbphone so it's a tick more narrow than the sheeple smart phones out there.
If I recall correctly even at 30 degrees vertical the stuff didn't fall out.
$10 says if you put your sheeple phone in there it will stay just fine. It's actually pretty grabby rubber material.

Sponsored

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JlU
Occupation
stationary engineer