Questions:Because I’m a little slow and I hate electrical....
question-I want lights that I could connect behind my Jeep to see my kayak at night while loading it up with my fishing stuff and obviously I don’t want them connected to my reverse lights. Could I connect them to the (pos)red/white wire “direct to battery” and ground the black(neg)wire? That would allow me to just flip the switch to keep the lights on while I load up my yak!?
- Do you have the Trailer Tow and HD Electrical Group option on your JLU?
- Do you want to have wires going into the JL interior cabin or run light wiring to engine compartment?
- Do you want to be able to turn on the light(s) in back when the ignition is in the off position?
- Do your want the light(s) back there to only work when ignition is on?
- Will the light(s) that you will be using back there have their own switch or do you want to switch on and off with an Aux. switch?
- Do you know that you have a 12v plug in receptacle in the rear cargo (Lt. side) that you can use to plug in an external light(s). This 12v receptacle can be set-up to be switched with ignition or constant on.