Sponsored

What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Is there a problem with the Metalcloak front diff cover/skid? I have one on order right now, but it hasn't been shipped yet.
Nope, it's a great product from a great company.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I put these light brackets on the back to help with reverse lighting when needed (wired to aux switch). Unfortunately, they flopped around so much horizontally that I had to somehow stabilize them, so I used some piping insulation to crowd them between the body and spare tire. This only helped a little, and they became a water and leaf trap that would be sure to be problematic long term. I sent an email to the manufacturer suggesting using an L shaped bracket vs. the flat bracket to improve, but no reply…

I removed them a few weeks ago, and I’ll repurpose the lights that came with them somewhere in the front. I’ll eventually go with a cleaner solution for my reverse lighting.

56CB7340-C6D8-479D-978B-A23392FE30B0.jpeg

D0E798AA-9073-458A-BB57-DF57C4AE609C.jpeg
@H to O

DO, go with a set of b/u lights that mount way lower then there.

B/U lights mounted any higher then say close to the bottom edge of the bumper do tend to wash out... kinda distort,,, impact very negatively, the camera display.

If you were to actually see the difference in a lower mounted set and a set mounted at higher then the bottom of the bumper you would agree.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think the Synergy trackbar brace and shaft support. The shaft support not only isn't really stiff enough to do much, if you think about the forces involved, but it started coming apart.

H to O

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2021, GMC Canyon 2015
@H to O

DO, go with a set of b/u lights that mount way lower then there.

B/U lights mounted any higher then say close to the bottom edge of the bumper do tend to wash out... kinda distort,,, impact very negatively, the camera display.

If you were to actually see the difference in a lower mounted set and a set mounted at higher then the bottom of the bumper you would agree.
Thanks Rhinebeck01! Good advice, I’m thinking of going with exactly what you’re suggesting. I like the bumper mount options with smaller lights I’m seeing, from Oracle I believe.

The ones shown in my picture seemed like they would be cool, but upon install, I didn’t like anything about them. The beauty of mods is you can always un-mod if needed!!!

Sponsored

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I've been running both front and rear Fishbone bumpers with zero issues including finish. What issues are you having?
The winch wouldn't fit. I had to do a lot of cutting to get it in. It's a 10,000 pounder, but it was way off. I tried to contact Fishbone & they never answered anything. That cutting is going to piss me off every year now having to touch up the rust.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
The winch wouldn't fit. I had to do a lot of cutting to get it in. It's a 10,000 pounder, but it was way off. I tried to contact Fishbone & they never answered anything. That cutting is going to piss me off every year now having to touch up the rust.
Weird. I have a 12.5k in mine, fit like a charm.
And when I was installing I gave them a call with a couple questions, answered right away and sorted me out. Did you call or email?
If you don't leave it bare and coat it properly, you shouldn't see rust....

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
And when I was installing I gave them a call with a couple questions, answered right away and sorted me out. Did you call or email?
I emailed. I coated the bare metal pretty well, but it won't last like the powder coat. It must depend on the bumper the winch is fitting on. I really like the looks of it , so I guess I don't totally regret it.

JustDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
I just looked at your Jeep. Your winch sits more on the top of the bumper, mine is tucked down in. It would make a huge difference in figment, I would think. Also, nice Jeep. What size tires?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I emailed. I coated the bare metal pretty well, but it won't last like the powder coat. It must depend on the bumper the winch is fitting on. I really like the looks of it , so I guess I don't totally regret it.
Ya, I prefer to speak to a real person when I have issues like that.

Mine is a Runva. Fit with lots of room. I have the Mako front and rear bumpers.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just looked at your Jeep. Your winch sits more on the top of the bumper, mine is tucked down in. It would make a huge difference in figment, I would think. Also, nice Jeep. What size tires?
Ya, that's the way of the Mako stubby.

Thanks. Those are 35x12.5x17 GY Duratracs.

Deleted member 75171

Ya, I prefer to speak to a real person when I have issues like that.

Mine is a Runva. Fit with lots of room. I have the Mako front and rear bumpers.
I'm thinking of doing the Mako Stubby on my 2022 when/IF it ever gets built. Any Suggestions?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I'm thinking of doing the Mako Stubby on my 2022 when/IF it ever gets built. Any Suggestions?
Do it. I've had it since March. Very well built and coated. I'm just entering a Canadian winter so we will see in the spring but a can of bedliner is a cheap if required. The only issue I had was I twisted the head off a bolt installing it, easy trip to hardware store fixed that.
Worst part of install was tearing apart stock plastic bumper to get at fog lights.

For the rear, I still have issues with sensors, but that's more my fault and not willing to get them set up correctly. If you do get rear and have sensors, yours going to need to buy new brackets from them from the dealer. There is a post on here detailing what part numbers go where.

Deleted member 75171

Do it. I've had it since March. Very well built and coated. I'm just entering a Canadian winter so we will see in the spring but a can of bedliner is a cheap if required. The only issue I had was I twisted the head off a bolt installing it, easy trip to hardware store fixed that.
Worst part of install was tearing apart stock plastic bumper to get at fog lights.

For the rear, I still have issues with sensors, but that's more my fault and not willing to get them set up correctly. If you do get rear and have sensors, yours going to need to buy new brackets from them from the dealer. There is a post on here detailing what part numbers go where.
Thank you. I do have sensors and might have the dealer put the rear bumper on just to avoid the problems I see others talking about.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Thank you. I do have sensors and might have the dealer put the rear bumper on just to avoid the problems I see others talking about.
Honestly, I don't think it's worth dealer rates. It will work most times just sometimes I get a "wipe sensor". A dealer wont have a clue how to set them up regardless. But if you do, send me a picture! Lol.
Sponsored