Sponsored

What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep?

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got these LOD Destroyer sliders with the carved out steps for my 4'10.5" wife. Yes, she will hit me if I leave out that .5"

Save the poor Jeep from the nerf

20211014_133132.jpg
Do they make them for the 2-dr ?

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dash vent phone mount bracket didn't work out for me. I couldn't get it tight enough to hold my iPhone 13 Pro Max so I went with the Bulletpoint dash mount which works great.

I'd skip the vent mounts if you have a heavy phone.
I’ve said it before, Design 67. Holds my Max and doesn’t move. Super clean and EASY install too.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Won't work if you have lift with a rear trackbar relocation bracket, here's a thread I started about it. Not sure if the axle back will have the same issue, I had the full system. I ended having to chop it off in front of the axle and put a turn out on it, that's alot of expensive stainless sitting on my garage floor. Oh, and it's absurdly loud and drones like a MF'r (when I was running the full pipe even).

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-with-rear-trackbar-relocation-bracket.76872/

Off topic but responding to your post...I recently installed the Borla Touring Climber on my Rubi 2-door and LOVE it! Quite, zero drone, tucks up high and works with both the Teraflex axle side trackbar relocation bracket, Synergy frame side trackbar support bracket and Metalcloak 3/4" rear sway bar drop brackets.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is my first jeep, and my son bought angry eyes for it. He really wanted them, and I didn't see the harm. Then while browsing this forum I learned about the hate for them. At first I wanted to switch back to the stock grill. But after a while I changed my mind. My son still loves the grill, even after I showed him the angry eyes hate threads. And as I get older I care less and less what other people think.

I have angry eyes...and I don't care who knows it! No regret! :)
I gotta admit, I absolutely hate angry grills. If you like it, you put it on your Jeep. Then YOU enjoy it. Everybody modifies their Jeep to their own likes and needs. it’s your Jeep, it’s your money, do with them as you see fit, and screw anybody that says otherwise. Including me, cause as I said, I hate em.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Not mine but this takes the cake for the worst thing you can do.
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep? jl_2_door_2
This reminds me of someone...I just can't put my finger on it...tap, tap, tap. 🤣
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep? 20211103_213748

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
You're picking up RF interference with a handheld? That's weird. Power and everything in my jeep seems pretty clean, even my poorly hard-wired CB is very clear, as is the little handheld I keep as a backup/loaner.

What radio are you using? You've tried it with the jeep off as well? You can try changing the antenna.
Midland 75-822. I have not tried it with the Jeep off. I recently bought a GMRS radio "MXT275" that I have been very happy with. I thought about getting a better antenna for the CB but I haven't found myself needing that radio at the moment.

dpsampson

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Man I'm sorry, but I am probably going to get some for my JL. My wife has a hard time getting up in my rubi, so this could help her immensely. Had them on my TJ, and she liked the "step up" getting in. Sorry guy's, I gots to do what I gots to do.
I have the steps too. I am a short carpenter so it’s the steps or destroyed seats from sliding in and out with all manner of abrasive crap on my clothes.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Midland 75-822. I have not tried it with the Jeep off. I recently bought a GMRS radio "MXT275" that I have been very happy with. I thought about getting a better antenna for the CB but I haven't found myself needing that radio at the moment.
I replaced my Cobra 75WXST with the Midland MXT275. CB is just dead around my area. All the off roaders have switched to FRS/GMRS.

I won't say my Cobra 75WXST was a bad device (it worked as intended, but not a good purchase. Its sitting in a box in the garage collecting dust.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
You might have gotten a bad CB. I use that same unit as a backup/loaner and also have that same GMRS unit, not much problem with either. The CB is maybe a little bit more staticky with no one talking, but the much better squelch control makes up for it.

GMRS is inherently "better" than CB for plain jane point-to-point communication, but CB is generally more informative (and entertaining) on the road. If it's just laying around, try it out for longer trips and have fun with it.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Lots of great advise about what exhaust systems to NOT go with... Anyone actually get an aftermarket exhaust that actually sounded GOOD? Personally looking at Borla Climber right now.
Been very happy w/ my Magnaflow, had the Dynomax muffler delete but wanted volume w/out the bad aftertaste, the Magnaflow is perfect in that regard w/ excellent fit & finish.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep? IMG_0742.JPG

Nissan

First Name
Nissan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
That’s some serious damage…you must have one heck of a built up axle if it’s not bent after that kind of hit(s). Surprised they didn’t throw a few bolts your way out of courtesy…but I can see why they would deny a claim for a new cover.
Hi Sir

I did not ask for a new cover; I only asked for screws ...
I want to point out that I made the same trips with the original car covers, and it did not get to this point.
I just wanted to upgrade to a better product that contains more oil
And of course stronger.
Sponsored