Sponsored

What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Jammock. My wife actually bought this as a birthday present. I gave her credit for trying and politely asked her to return it. Looks uncomfortable as hell and don’t know how you’re supposed to get in it. Told her it wouldn’t work with the sunshade.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...MI26PonO-K9AIVcwutBh3nxAB4EAQYAiABEgIRSfD_BwE
How anyone could look at that (notwithstanding your wife's thoughts) and think it is a reasonable idea is beyond me. At best. Maybe for kids to have fun I guess.
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Black looks good so not all bad
I'll probably need to add a few more coats after the winter. Plastidip needs regular maintenance I guess, lol.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Plastidip needs regular maintenance I guess, lol.
This is usually a result of not putting enough coats on initially. It holds up quite well when it's a nice and thick

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
This is usually a result of not putting enough coats on initially. It holds up quite well when it's a nice and thick
5 coats wasn't enough? lol

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
It's cast aluminum. The axles were never in any danger of getting bent. To bend an axle, that would have to be some pretty crazy offroading.
That makes sense…seems like an iron compound cover would be a better solution for the OP….

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
5 coats wasn't enough? lol
Potentially no. Most of the instructional videos from places like dipyourcar.com recommend 2 light tack coats followed by 7 or so wet, heavy coats. There doesn't need to be a long period of time between them, so it doesn't take nearly as long making that statement makes it sound, but if you apply 5 light coats as one might do when using normal spray paint, you could run into issues.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Potentially no. Most of the instructional videos from places like dipyourcar.com recommend 2 light tack coats followed by 7 or so wet, heavy coats. There doesn't need to be a long period of time between them, so it doesn't take nearly as long making that statement makes it sound, but if you apply 5 light coats as one might do when using normal spray paint, you could run into issues.
Ah okay. I remember the can said 4-6 coats so I went with 5. A few high speed impacts with large bugs and small rocks have put a few chips in the coating so I figured adding a few more coats wouldn't hurt.

jeffbn

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales
Lots of great advise about what exhaust systems to NOT go with... Anyone actually get an aftermarket exhaust that actually sounded GOOD? Personally looking at Borla Climber right now.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Terraflex tailgate reinforcment. Fit like shit and was overpriced for quality. Plus their CS sucks and they only post 5 star reviews of their products
Really ? I too am looking at that when I put on 37’s. What is wrong with it ? I’ve always had great experiences with TeraFlex. I’m currently running their spare tire relocation bracket and it’s great. 35’s fit with NO problem.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Man I'm sorry, but I am probably going to get some for my JL. My wife has a hard time getting up in my rubi, so this could help her immensely. Had them on my TJ, and she liked the "step up" getting in. Sorry guy's, I gots to do what I gots to do.
Before you do that ! I bought a little RubberMaid stepstool, drilled a hole in it and ran a rope out of it to use as a pick up handle. How well you do it makes all the difference. And I open the door for my wife it gets me double points, I’m helping her into my Jeep AND I’m being a gentleman. Plus I don’t have to put ugly steps on my Jeep. It’s worth the effort.