Sponsored

What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep?

OGPizzaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Without a doubt the muffler delete is the worst for me. I put it on yesterday and cannot stand the sound. I'll go back to muffler unless I find an alternative.

I def like the added clearance but is it really worth having to deal with the sound all the time...heck nah.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This is my first jeep, and my son bought angry eyes for it. He really wanted them, and I didn't see the harm. Then while browsing this forum I learned about the hate for them. At first I wanted to switch back to the stock grill. But after a while I changed my mind. My son still loves the grill, even after I showed him the angry eyes hate threads. And as I get older I care less and less what other people think.

I have angry eyes...and I don't care who knows it! No regret! :)
@RideGuy

To each his own....

My message to you and your Son.... Enjoy your Jeep, guys!

Fruck those angry grill hater's...

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
This is my first jeep, and my son bought angry eyes for it. He really wanted them, and I didn't see the harm. Then while browsing this forum I learned about the hate for them. At first I wanted to switch back to the stock grill. But after a while I changed my mind. My son still loves the grill, even after I showed him the angry eyes hate threads. And as I get older I care less and less what other people think.

I have angry eyes...and I don't care who knows it! No regret! :)
It's your Jeep, do what you want/like. I am not a fan myself, but I see them all the time, so you must not be alone.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
Without a doubt the muffler delete is the worst for me. I put it on yesterday and cannot stand the sound. I'll go back to muffler unless I find an alternative.

I def like the added clearance but is it really worth having to deal with the sound all the time...heck nah.
I was going to do a muffler delete, but instead, I put on a catback high clearance exhaust. It has a muffler in place of the resonator and it isn't too bad. Mine isn't obnoxiously loud either, but that would depend on the muffler.

OGPizzaBoy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to do a muffler delete, but instead, I put on a catback high clearance exhaust. It has a muffler in place of the resonator and it isn't too bad. Mine isn't obnoxiously loud either, but that would depend on the muffler.
What brand did you go with for the cat back? Any pics or your setup?

Sponsored

Mmaengine

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
This i find interesting, may I ask what brand you got? This is something I’m interested in doing, and have experience with antennas made a few myself.
I have Bullet Antenna from Ronin Factory. Radio reception is terrible with it. However, it looks great and I listen to satellite so I kept it.

gek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Code Monkey
What brand did you go with for the cat back? Any pics or your setup?
I went with this kit: https://www.extremeterrain.com/proven-ground-jeep-wrangler-high-clearance-cat-back-j132857-jl.html

My only issue is that no matter what I have done so far the exhaust pushes over in the hanger and lightly touches near the sway bar mount. but I am going to cut a piece from my now unused passenger side hanger to help keep it away from it.

That is for a 3.6, I'm not sure what engine you have.

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep? PXL_20211108_213118726

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Going to have to agree on this 1. I new going in that the resolution was 480i but what I didn't take into account was how often the front area would be shadowed over and all I really see if dark indistinguishable features. I was actually really exicted about this purchase but don't ever use it.
I got in touch with Z Automotive today and complained about my camera and told them of the problems i had and they asked for a copy of my invoice and my address and are sending me a new camera. Apparently, they had a bunch of cameras go out with an over exposure type picture and are quite willing to replace it. I may just have a differing opinion should the new one work better than this one. Get in touch with them on their website and see if you can get a new one sent out to you :)

Raven99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Clubs

Stubby antenna.
Looked great, significantly reduced what I could tune in even though it was supposedly a "good" one. Went into the trash. Stock antenna was plasti-dipped and reinstalled.
same - went with a 7" antenna for the looks, but it worked so poorly that after months of trying to live with it I finally ordered a 13" antenna .. if that doesn't work well enough then I may just go back to a full length one ..

Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Handheld CB radio. Pretty much useless with all the electronical interface of the JL.
You're picking up RF interference with a handheld? That's weird. Power and everything in my jeep seems pretty clean, even my poorly hard-wired CB is very clear, as is the little handheld I keep as a backup/loaner.

What radio are you using? You've tried it with the jeep off as well? You can try changing the antenna.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
This is the answer from the support

Thank you for contacting aFe Power. After further review of the images provided.
It looks like this unit has been damaged from hitting rocks and other objects during off road use. This is not covered under warranty and we cannot provide any hardware for this unit. For more information on the warranty please see the link provided below.

https://afepower.com/contact#warranty

Damage due to improper installation, abuse, unauthorized repair or alteration is not warranted.

Thank You.

https://afepower.com/afe-power-46-7101ab-pro-series-differential-cover-black-w-machined-fins

Do you want to see an invoice???

Last year it cost $ 760

And I did not ask for a free replacement
I only asked for the ruined screws
That’s some serious damage…you must have one heck of a built up axle if it’s not bent after that kind of hit(s). Surprised they didn’t throw a few bolts your way out of courtesy…but I can see why they would deny a claim for a new cover.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
That’s some serious damage…you must have one heck of a built up axle if it’s not bent after that kind of hit(s). Surprised they didn’t throw a few bolts your way out of courtesy…but I can see why they would deny a claim for a new cover.
It's cast aluminum. The axles were never in any danger of getting bent. To bend an axle, that would have to be some pretty crazy offroading.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Windshieldfarmer

Shipping costs to Israel for a few bolts would be lots. Understandable why AFe Power would not do this...along with the damage is not covered under warranty.... and understandably so.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist