Sponsored

What is the worst aftermarket thing you got for your jeep?

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
I considered the SPOD as I was working my build. Ended up choosing the Trigger 6 Shooter. Worth every penny if ever you decide to try something different.
Where did you end up putting your switch panel. Iā€™ve only seen it done above the rear view mirror.

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Z Automotive front camera. The worst picture imaginabLe, its grainy and has a terrible glare to it.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
SPOD is my biggest purchasing regret.

On the positive side, I appreciate the ingenuity, I like the fact that itā€™s American made, the materials and construction are top notch, and the gentleman Iā€™ve spoken to at customer service was great. The whole experience was great.

On the negative side, my SPOD unit isnā€™t working again, so I need to call customer service again. More importantly, the unit was expensive at over $1000, and for my simple needs, all I really needed was a power distribution panel and switches to turn various accessories on and off. I went with the SPOD, in part, because of its sanitary design and convenient mounting solution in the overly tight JL engine compartment. I also liked all the cool programming features, though the truth is I donā€™t need or use 95% of them. I also liked the interior control panel solution, as I couldnā€™t find a JL-compatible switch panel that didnā€™t look like crap.

In retrospect I might have been better off to just fab-up my own switch panel, because all I really need is power distribution and on ā€œon-offā€ functionality.
SPOD is one of my favorite purchases.

engineXI

First Name
jank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rubicon
Z Automotive front camera. The worst picture imaginabLe, its grainy and has a terrible glare to it.
Going to have to agree on this 1. I new going in that the resolution was 480i but what I didn't take into account was how often the front area would be shadowed over and all I really see if dark indistinguishable features. I was actually really exicted about this purchase but don't ever use it.

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Where did you end up putting your switch panel. Iā€™ve only seen it done above the rear view mirror.
Mine is on a Vector Offroad dock, along with phones, gopro, hand mic, etc. But the switches work wirelessly, so you can keep it anywhere. You can even use your phone's bluetooth instead.

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
Going to have to agree on this 1. I new going in that the resolution was 480i but what I didn't take into account was how often the front area would be shadowed over and all I really see if dark indistinguishable features. I was actually really exicted about this purchase but don't ever use it.
The picture on mine is so over exposed that you cannot see anything but bright light over the entire picture. Biggest waste of money i have ever put into any Jeep!

jim00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
AFE MACH Force XP Hi-Tuck Axle-Back Exhaust with Black Tips - the drone from 2100-2500 RPM is unbelievable! I liked the muffler delete aspect to save weight but it is coming off.

wbee

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2018 JLUR
Damn I thought these were cool... I'm considering them because they look beefy and they hide the pinch seam well. Also they have a partial frame mount so they would be a lot better than the stock rubi rails. I wanted something bolt on like these as well as able to take abuse. Both me and my GF and NOT vertically challenged at all.
Love my LOD destroyer steps! They are awesome. I bought some cheap sliders off eBay and regretted it. Just spend the money once.

Sponsored

hadiiaali

First Name
hadi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Spare tire delete kit. I was going to 40s and I wanted to see how it looks before committing to a tire carrier that can carry a 40. It looked horrible. Stayed on for a month lol

ScottieGfunk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Bull bar. Ruined approach angle and looked ridiculous with the plastic bumper. Didn't wait long to bite the bullet and get a full metal front bumper.