Sponsored

What is the point of the limited slip differential?

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Putting a good LSD into the Sport and Sahara would mean they’d be canibalizing Rubicon sales. So no they’ll remain useless.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Putting a good LSD into the Sport and Sahara would mean they’d be canibalizing Rubicon sales. So no they’ll remain useless.
Doubt it. People who buy top of the line without needing it would still do it. And people who want lockers would still buy it. Only difference would be higher Sport and Sahara cost. Very few people would actually understand the difference.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Here’s a video of the Detroit TrueTrac: it uses gears instead of clutches, so it doesn’t wear out.

I’ve had TrueTrac in my prior Saharas: to works great.

My plan is to replace the Dana LSD on my JL with a TrueTrac when the warranty expires.

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
It is. It changed during 19MY. All manual JLs come with the M220 axle, except the Rubicon which has the M220 wide.
It never changed, all Manual JLs come with M220 rear axle regardless of trim or model year. Yes, Rubicons obviously come with the wider M220.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Here’s a video of the Detroit TrueTrac: it uses gears instead of clutches, so it doesn’t wear out.

I’ve had TrueTrac in my prior Saharas: to works great.

My plan is to replace the Dana LSD on my JL with a TrueTrac when the warranty expires.
Aldo, how much did the Trutrac cost for you with installation?

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
LSD on street-use has little value even for a sports car, now on a race track at racing speeds it is a valuable option to have, I used to think having LSD on the street was desirable until a friend of mine (who won the Daytona 24 hour race) explained how and when LSD provides you advantages...
Sponsored