Sponsored

What is the ONE Jeep Accessory every Jeep owner needs?

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Link? $146. Ouch
I also wanted to add that I have put a lot of tools in mine. 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" drive ratchet and socket sets both metric and standard. Wrenches from 1/4" to 15/16" and 8mm to 19mm. Small and medium slotted and phillips screwdrivers. Allen wrenches both standard and metric. 12 oz. Ball peen hammer. Several pliers, punches, chisels, wire cutters and adjustable wrenches. Schrader valve core tool and schrader valve cores. Electrical tape, fuses and a 12 volt lighted circuit tester. Still room for more but the bag is pretty heavy.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Tool rolls.

With the Jeep in the garage, give a thought to using only the tools, etc. you've stocked in the bag or roll when performing maintenance, and/or actual (or envisioned) repair work.

The idea here is to mimic road- or trailside work, so as to discover what you still need in your tool loadout. Rescue the vehicle, rescue yourself.

Missing sockets, etc. can be added from garage stock and replaced at your convenience. Items that are determined to be extraneous can be taken out to make space for other stuff.

I've used the foregoing M.O. to refine the tools I carry on my motorcycles, where every square inch of space matters. It's a continuing process, if I'm honest, but one that I enjoy attending to.

Reactions: GtX

Packnbeer

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2-Door
TazerJL Mini - one of the few absolute cant live withouts. turn off TPMS or change pressure settings, remembers start/stop on/off setting, light shows, 3rd brake light flash, rear cam on turn, etc, etc, etc. so many features and controls. My wrangler didnt come with homelink so i bought the oem homelink visor and was able to activate it with the tazer. Only works when jeep is powered on so with doors off, nobody can open my garage door. Tazer Mini is a must

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Credit card with a large credit limit... :LOL:

True, very very true...Blew past my initial 'budget' which was to include Mopar lift and 35's, weeks before I even took delivery. Tossed out the word 'budget' after that, never looked back or totaled up the carnage...

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
if I can only list one thing relating to trail equipment:

Nylon Strap

but that's not really an accessory. So I'll say a CB Radio or Walkie Talkies

Sponsored

Yogi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
GM, P.Log, CITT, 310T
I would think one of the very first things you need for a Jeep is an empty credit card with a fairly hefty credit limit ... LOL

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
I was waiting to see if it would ever come up.
Get a $10 rainX windshield repair kit And learn how to use it. Learn the butane lighter trick.
The money you save in just a couple years pays for a lot of the other stuff in the thread.
I wish! So far for me I’m on windshield #3 in 1 1/2 years. Just got #3 put in. Every single one didn’t even have time to use a repair kit before it ran the entire length it chose. Guess that’s what happens when it’s over 100 outside. Lol

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance

Deleted member 59098

I’ve been using a Timbuk2 messenger bag for tools maybe 10 years now. That bag is super tough. I separate sockets, wrenches and other tools into separate bags within. It’s a bit of a mess, but fine for trail use. I’m working slowly to acquire a second set of tools to neatly have organized at home.

BadA$$Rubi

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does this thing screw to the dash or is it a suction type of thing?
You have to drill a few small holes and screw it down into the dash tray. Easy install. I’m reading the actual phone holder I have is on back order though.
Sponsored