Sponsored

What is the ONE Jeep Accessory every Jeep owner needs?

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
It depends on what you're planning to do initially. Being Prepared initially is a good place to start.
Air compressor for refilling tires after off roading. I have a 25' long 3/8" air hose that I use with mine. Tire plug kit, tow strap, fire extinguisher. Get a tool box or bag and fill with tools and be prepared to fix stuff. I have a roll up tool bag with 5 separate zipper pouches and fits underneath the rear seat.

One thing I keep with me when I have the top and or doors off is a rain cover just in case the weather changes. But even if the weather doesnt change I can cover it up when parked to keep nosey people from having easy access to the interior.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A sense of adventure. A bottomless wallet.

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I very much wish I had proximity keyless entry sensors and have even read a thread or two about adding them. Looks like a decent undertaking though. Did you add them?
I just ordered the parts to add the driver side and rear gate. To me it doesn’t look like any fun but the dealer told me only the factory installs them so I’m on my own. I am looking forward to having that option though.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Fridge.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I've never bought an extended warranty, and never will. If there is a factory defect, I will find it or break it before the warranty expires. I would bet that the vast majority of extended warranty buyers trade before they get a chance to take advantage of it.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've never bought an extended warranty, and never will. If there is a factory defect, I will find it or break it before the warranty expires. I would bet that the vast majority of extended warranty buyers trade before they get a chance to take advantage of it.
I had a new transmission put in my JK under extended warranty at 116k miles due to worn synchros. And a water pump at about 135k. Those issues wouldn't have popped up in 36k or even 75k.

They aren't for everyone, but if you tend to keep your vehicles longer than a decade they can be nice to have. The one on my JK is not transferrable and is powertrain only. The one on my JL is transferable and covers most of the Jeep.

Sponsored

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I just ordered the parts to add the driver side and rear gate. To me it doesn’t look like any fun but the dealer told me only the factory installs them so I’m on my own. I am looking forward to having that option though.
I’ll be curious to hear someone else’s experience. Please share how this goes for you.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I had a new transmission put in my JK under extended warranty at 116k miles due to worn synchros. And a water pump at about 135k. Those issues wouldn't have popped up in 36k or even 75k.

They aren't for everyone, but if you tend to keep your vehicles longer than a decade they can be nice to have. The one on my JK is not transferrable and is powertrain only. The one on my JL is transferable and covers most of the Jeep.
I wouldn't see those miles before the time expired. But, I can see how it would work for some. I keep my vehicles for years. Stay up on maintenance, notice weird little things before they become major things. But I still understand that I may need to fork out a few thousand for a repair down the road.

While on the topic, and not calling you out at all, but why do so many have zero issue spending $10k on mods, but balk at having to pay for a mechanical repair out of warranty?

Last edited:

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I’ll be curious to hear someone else’s experience. Please share how this goes for you.
I definitely will. It’ll be a little bit before the parts arrive so I will continue to the research. One big question I have is whether the Rubicon already has the required wiring harness or if the one that comes in the kit is different. I haven’t been able to nail that down.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Reliability and a clutch that won’t grenade.
Sponsored