Sponsored

What is the ONE Jeep Accessory every Jeep owner needs?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My wife says the center console organizer would be her ONE accessory if she had to pick from a list of choices.
I remember spending $150 to fund the purchase and installation of the OEM accessory center console before I took delivery of my new YJ. It was the sole add-on that I selected, if only because there wasn't a whit of storage space to be found anywhere else. The glovebox was too small to make any appreciable difference.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I’ve driven other vehicles with no windshield; jet ski, snow mobile, etc; and over about 20mph it’s zero fun IMO (without goggles/helmet). I dropped my windshield once in my driveway just to do it but haven’t had the compulsion to do it since.

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
I like having the windshield down, from what I have seen I'm the only Jeep owner who does. I think everyone should at least try it. Compared to TJs and older Jeeps the JL windshield sits quite high on the hood so it makes even easy trails more difficult. But during the summer if I'm sticking to surface streets (45 mph or less) or trails without big rocks I really enjoy having the windshield down and I'm surprised more don't do it.
Why don't they, indeed? :)
a71e22ac-b16d-4388-befb-3c641d228ce5.jpg

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit

Stefano5777

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vm.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Stingray)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if anyone already mentioned but the number 1 accesory /mod or purchase for any new jeep is an extended warranty!

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Proximity keyless entry diy (for people who regret not getting it in the beginning.
I very much wish I had proximity keyless entry sensors and have even read a thread or two about adding them. Looks like a decent undertaking though. Did you add them?

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
I very much wish I had proximity keyless entry sensors and have even read a thread or two about adding them. Looks like a decent undertaking though. Did you add them?
I did... installed the electronic door handles and the harnesses... 2 out of 5 on the difficulty level. It's nice to be able to get in and out without ever taking the giant key fob out.

Sponsored

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I did... installed the electronic door handles and the harnesses... 2 out of 5 on the difficulty level. It's nice to be able to get in and out without ever taking the giant key fob out.
I believe I read on one of those threads that Sahara and Rubicon have antennas already installed. I have a Sport S so I wonder if it’s a bit more involved. Either way I’ll have to invest a bit more time looking into this again as I had written it off.

calvinf1

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU North Edition
I believe I read on one of those threads that Sahara and Rubicon have antennas already installed. I have a Sport S so I wonder if it’s a bit more involved. Either way I’ll have to invest a bit more time looking into this again as I had written it off.
I hear that it is possible. I believe you have to add a custom jumper cable to make it work for sport s with remote unlock. Mine is a Sahara so it's more straightforward

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Not sure if anyone already mentioned but the number 1 accesory /mod or purchase for any new jeep is an extended warranty!
there seem to be some people here that are vocal about getting extended warranties. I am very leery of them because of all the exclusions. I would be very interested in hearing from some who have used their extended warranties successfully, and what their cases were.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
A lot of good suggestions here. However, it really depends on your intended use. For me it started with a winch, recovery gear and portable air compressor. From that point on it’s been a downward spiral of never ending mods.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Your 36 month bumper-to-bumper covers you for 3 years. You can wait a year to buy a Mopar Extended Warranty without any financial penalty if you want one. Or you can wait until just before your drive train warranty expires to buy one but there will be some additional cost. Or you might forgo one all together if you get a good one. Lol.
Sponsored