TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I want my future JLU to hold its value as best as possible so picking a popular color is one way to help ensure ease of future resale should I need to sell it.
I got the factory lifetime warranty with mine so I'm gonna keep it till the wheels fall off! Then that's an excellent excuse for upgraded axles, wheels, and tires! Win - win!

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I got the factory lifetime warranty with mine so I'm gonna keep it till the wheels fall off! Then that's an excellent excuse for upgraded axles, wheels, and tires! Win - win!
I heard that it's no longer offered (the lifetime warranty)? Any idea?

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I heard that it's no longer offered (the lifetime warranty)? Any idea?
We bought our JLUR the end of Oct 2018. A few months after they stopped offering the lifetime. I've heard isolated reports that someone was able to get one from this or that dealer, but I don't know if that's accurate or available to the general populace.

That warranty will keep us in this jeep a lot longer than is typical for us... again we bought it for the long run and felt the factory warranty would help in that regard. It has certainly kept me from looking to trade up (get some of the things my current jeep doesn't have) on more than one occasion.

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I don't think there is anything more difficult than choosing a color for a new Wrangler purchase.
I believe buyers choosing black, white or one of the 3 shades of grey are too serious. Jeeps are fun vehicles and deserve fun colors.
On a lot, blue, green, orange, yellow, red, white parked next to each other, - looks like a pack of lifesavers.
It was killing me trying to decide between Ocean Blue, Punkn, and Firecracker. Chose Punkn and never looked back. Thought Id be the only one in my small town but not so. Seems to be a very popular color.
My last wrangler was Deep Cherry Red. Really liked that one. To me, that color should be in the lineup every year.. Probably would have picked Punkn anyway.

Sponsored

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
My purely unscientific two cents... just based on participation here, I'd say actual colors are more popular within the jeep enthusiast community (if you're here, you're one of those) than within the average consumer population. That's not to say you aren't a jeep enthusiast if you picked black, white, or silver, just that enthusiasts are far more likely to go for other colors than "normal" people.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Check out this Thread I started, poll on what color our forum members have, out of 257 votes so far in the poll and it seems the most popular color amongst this forum is Ocean Blue with 40 members polling they have that color.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/what-color-jl-do-you-have-poll.29620/
Not anymore Justin. With my vote "Sting Gray" just took the lead. :like: :)

BTW, it's in the lead in this one also. We know the best color, although overall it may not be the best seller. ;) :clap:

UndeadxWarlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara
I've got 2 different issues trying to answer this. The first being that my own observations dont match up with the sales numbers out there. This kind of makes me doubt myself and what I happen to see. I feel I see more Punk'ns than anything but that could very well be a bias as I liked the feeling of being the only one around before the others showed up.
Secondly theres also a point to be made about the brighter colors being easier to see. I mean we've all got eyes for jeeps but in traffic I am much less likely to spot a black jeep in a crowd. I've missed waves and felt guilty for it because of it lol

AlSO, you spelled my color wrong my man.

Andrew05LJR

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wait, what is the poll asking? My favorite or what’s the most popular that I see on the road?! I see more white than anything. Obviously my favorite is sting gray

Sponsored

Aranimus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Jeeps are fun vehicles and deserve fun colors
I entirely agree! Though I have to say, I went with granite in our recent 2-door JL purchase because I've been driving around a fire engine red Toyota Rav 4 for ten years (lol insert joke there!), and there's only so many "What'd you buy, a minivan fire truck?" jokes one can take. :) But seriously, I think the Wrangler has such a distinctive look that it looks great in any color. I now might be kicking myself that I didn't go for a more fun color (like punkin or mojito), but I do like the granite. Looks capable, hides dirt well (not that I want to hide the dirt), and, well, it's a Jeep! With regard to what I see day-to-day passing by, I find that there are a lot more white Wranglers than I would have expected ! (Nothing at all wrong with white of course, but I don't see many of the fun colors day-to-day)

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
When I traded in my hypergreen JK towards my new JL the dealer was thrilled to get it. It went right out front and stood out like a beacon among the whites, silvers and blacks. It sold within a week. Wranglers and some sports cars can pull off the skittles colors without looking stupid. I loved the hypergreen and wouldn't have bought anything else other than the Punk'N I replaced it with. If those staid colors were the only options I wouldn't own a wrangler. I rarely pass another orange while going by a bazillion white, silver and dark colors. I like that.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I don't think there is anything more difficult than choosing a color for a new Wrangler purchase.
I believe buyers choosing black, white or one of the 3 shades of grey are too serious. Jeeps are fun vehicles and deserve fun colors.
On a lot, blue, green, orange, yellow, red, white parked next to each other, - looks like a pack of lifesavers.
It was killing me trying to decide between Ocean Blue, Punkn, and Firecracker. Chose Punkn and never looked back. Thought Id be the only one in my small town but not so. Seems to be a very popular color.
My last wrangler was Deep Cherry Red. Really liked that one. To me, that color should be in the lineup every year.. Probably would have picked Punkn anyway.
My favorite color is red and color combination red and black. I was initially drawn to Granite Crystal. My wife thought a Jeep should be colorful and so I was drawn to Red. My daughters liked the Hellayella. I really liked how it popped and that is what we chose to order.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
If I had to bet money, without looking at any sales data, I would bet the Granite is the most popular (most sold) color.
I would bet white. Here is Southern Arizona it seems like 1 out of 2 or 3 Wranglers are white. Red is very popular too.
Sponsored