• Total voters

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Jeep has a lot of cool colors. I have a white one, not because it's the prettiest but more for utility. I'd much rather have sting gray and a few others but here in the desert white is just better. Although that black top doesnt help much. lol

The more important reason for me is it just hides arizona pin striping better then any color I know of. My previous white TJ has been through horrible bushy trails that scrape the sides with sounds like fingers on a chalkboard. Yet unless you are up really close you just dont see them vs other jeep colors I've seen. There might be another color that works as good or better but thus far all I know is white works great here.

Secondary is white doesnt show cumulative every day dirt that other colors show. You would think it would be the opposite being white but not the case. Again, their might be other colors out there that hide it well too, just unaware of them.
Sponsored

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Jeep has a lot of cool colors.
They do, but some colors are cooler than others. Just yesterday, my wife and I met at our youngest daughter's daycare to pick her up together. Her Sting Gray JL was parked right next to my Hellayella JL, both visible from inside the front door. Right when we walked in, a little boy yelled "WOW MOM, LOOK AT THAT COOL YELLOW JEEP!" I looked at my wife and said "I guess he didn't see yours." :)

rfm8os

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2022 Cadillac CT-5 V
This is all very subjective, obviously, and up to the eye of the beholder but I am surprised that Sting Gray is so popular.

However, I have noticed that colors that I liked on the JK like Granite Crystal, I don't care for so much when seeing them in the wild on a JL and in some cases the opposite, like Sting Gray and White. Probably my least favorite colors on the JK. But seeing a few JLs driving around with those two colors, I have to say that they do look sharp. In general, I guess I feel like the JL looks better with lighter/brighter colors.

The whole time I had been researching I expected I would be getting a Granite Crystal JLUR. However, by the time I ordered my Jeep I had had a change of heart. I had seen some GC JLs and realized I didn't like them as much as I thought. At the same time I had test driven a JLU Sahara that was all white and that thing looked super nice in person. But my wife's car is white and I really didn't want another white vehicle in the driveway. So I started to look more closely at the other options and decided on Billet Silver.

Would have loved to order a Punkin or Hella Yella but I am just not that guy that can pull that off, lol.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just wondering what the most popular color is these days. Around my area I see so many Firecrackers red Jeeps.

I have owned a Brown 1985 CJ7, a Deep Cherry red 2012 Jk and now an Ocean blue 2018 JLU.

Forgive me if I forgot a color.
This Poll was at top when I opened this Thread. I just picked Sting Gray since that's my Jeep Color. Still getting lots of people coming up asking what that color is and they like it. lol

What is the Most popular color?

1. Firecrackers Red
    56 vote(s)
    10.4%

2. Ocean Blue
    45 vote(s)
    8.4%

3. Pumpkin orange
    33 vote(s)
    6.1%

4. Hella Yellow
    16 vote(s)
    3.0%

5. Mojito Green
    58 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. *
    Sting Grey
    81 vote(s)
    15.1%

7. Black
    46 vote(s)
    8.6%

8. White
    69 vote(s)
    12.8%

9. Silver
    31 vote(s)
    5.8%

10. Granite Crystal
    94 vote(s)
    17.5%

11. Bikini
    8 vote(s)
    1.5%

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They do, but some colors are cooler than others. Just yesterday, my wife and I met at our youngest daughter's daycare to pick her up together. Her Sting Gray JL was parked right next to my Hellayella JL, both visible from inside the front door. Right when we walked in, a little boy yelled "WOW MOM, LOOK AT THAT COOL YELLOW JEEP!" I looked at my wife and said "I guess he didn't see yours." :)
HA HA HA That's good one. Your Wife gets my vote !!! lol

Sponsored

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
This is all very subjective, obviously, and up to the eye of the beholder but I am surprised that Sting Gray is so popular.

However, I have noticed that colors that I liked on the JK like Granite Crystal, I don't care for so much when seeing them in the wild on a JL and in some cases the opposite, like Sting Gray and White. Probably my least favorite colors on the JK. But seeing a few JLs driving around with those two colors, I have to say that they do look sharp. In general, I guess I feel like the JL looks better with lighter/brighter colors.

The whole time I had been researching I expected I would be getting a Granite Crystal JLUR. However, by the time I ordered my Jeep I had had a change of heart. I had seen some GC JLs and realized I didn't like them as much as I thought. At the same time I had test driven a JLU Sahara that was all white and that thing looked super nice in person. But my wife's car is white and I really didn't want another white vehicle in the driveway. So I started to look more closely at the other options and decided on Billet Silver.

Would have loved to order a Punkin or Hella Yella but I am just not that guy that can pull that off, lol.
YOU CAN PULL IT OFF!!! Hella yella rocks!!!

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Honestly (considering Sting Grey is one of the most popular colours, and Hella Yella is one of the least) this might be one of the best things I've read on this thread yet! Sting Grey is super pretty but it can get so easily lost in a parking lot, but everyone sees the yellow. :involve:

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Jeeps are made to be colorful ! Forgive me, but I dont get the grays ,whites , blacks, and silvers.
Told my wife I want a hella yella coffin !
Honestly I'd have multiple Jeeps by now if money fell from the sky every time I had to activate my alarm because I forgot where I parked. Even the reds blend in. My JLUS is still on the train, but it's yellow!!

Allagash27

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Driving down the interstate and looking over at the cars traveling in the opposite direction, it looks pretty damn funereal . Greys, silvers, blacks, mostly drab colors. I understand that you all have your color preferences and I respect that, but the Jeep, in my opinion,is a fun vehicle and deserves a jubilant vibrant color!. I am all for the Mojitas, Pumpkins,Yellows, Firecrackers,Bikinis,and Ocean Blues. Wtf happened to car colors after the1950's and 60's. Everyone drove in "in your face" color combinations back then. Just sayin.... :whatsgoingon:
When I was shopping for my Wrangler, my color criteria was it could not be black, grey, or silver. That seemed to exclude about 3/4 of the Jeeps I saw. I was shopping used which made the search more challenging. Plus I wanted a manual. I searched for 2 months and drove 500 miles to find what I wanted.

Sponsored

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
I've owned four Jeeps so far.
All of them have been white.

IMG_0916.jpeg

wheels082

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2010 JKU, 1994 XJ
Most popular and my favorite are two different things. I think most popular are red, white, black, gray. My favorite is orange. The only reason I sold my JK to get a JL was to get a Punkin' Orange Jeep.

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
Surprised to see my chosen color (Sting Gray) listed second. :like:
Sponsored