• Total voters

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
This is all very subjective, obviously, and up to the eye of the beholder but I am surprised that Sting Gray is so popular.

However, I have noticed that colors that I liked on the JK like Granite Crystal, I don't care for so much when seeing them in the wild on a JL and in some cases the opposite, like Sting Gray and White. Probably my least favorite colors on the JK. But seeing a few JLs driving around with those two colors, I have to say that they do look sharp. In general, I guess I feel like the JL looks better with lighter/brighter colors.

The whole time I had been researching I expected I would be getting a Granite Crystal JLUR. However, by the time I ordered my Jeep I had had a change of heart. I had seen some GC JLs and realized I didn't like them as much as I thought. At the same time I had test driven a JLU Sahara that was all white and that thing looked super nice in person. But my wife's car is white and I really didn't want another white vehicle in the driveway. So I started to look more closely at the other options and decided on Billet Silver.

Would have loved to order a Punkin or Hella Yella but I am just not that guy that can pull that off, lol.
It's funny, I'm usually a gray and charcoal guy, and I wanted to like it, but for some reason the Granite doesn't do it for me. I think is fails to show off the lines of the JL well. You really have to stare at it to see the engine vent.

I generally don't like white, but I like th elooks of it on the JL.

And as for mojito, I wouldn't buy it for myself (unless maybe if you took 30 years off my odometer), but when I see one, I can't stop looking at it.
Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Sarge is my favorite color.
Then yellow or white with black fenders and soft top. Sting Gray is a close third.

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
Nice job on the wheels
Thanks.
Wheels and tires were both a Sahara factory option.
I added the caliper covers because I felt the bare factory calipers were ugly.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Thanks.
Wheels and tires were both a Sahara factory option.
I added the caliper covers because I felt the bare factory calipers were ugly.
I have the same wheels on my jeep, I was referring to the calipers

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I went to cars.com and searched for new models within 250 miles of my house. Black was the most popular, with gray a close second. However "gray" in wrangler terms includes 2 different colors. White was not very far back in third place. Considering that gray is 2 separate colors, I think black and white would be #1 and #2. (neither of these would be my top choices, in fact they would be my last choices)
Sponsored