Sponsored

What is the least that y’all have heard of paying for a JLU sport?

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Hey guys, visiting from the Bronco forums. People are trying to claim the Bronco is going to be overpriced because dealers are selling JLUs for $28K-$29k. Has anybody even gotten close to that for an OTD price(not including tags/taxes/license obviously) from what I’ve heard/read 10% below invoice is about the max discount and that’s only on higher trims. Can anyone correct me or better inform me?
Sponsored

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
"Overpriced" is just personal opinion, and in my country (USA!) we all get to make our own and share. Before the quarantine, I did submit a sub $30K offer to a local dealer (not OTD price). They told me to get the hell out and they sold the Jeep a few days later to someone else.

One funny thing I've noticed on this forum is people comparing the prices paid for Jeeps, like it's a competition. Honestly, what does it matter? Shouldn't you set your own price for this kind of transaction? No one pays the same price (except at CarMax). I know people want a feel for the market price, but you kinda have to get that buyer-side-of-the-market-personal-price by just going out and making low-ball offers that get rejected, no?

In the end, I was a little shocked how much I ended up paying for a Jeep (my first). It was a LOT more than I expected for a used, old-fashioned body-on-frame SUV. And then I was shocked again by how happy I was to pay even more money for mods to it! :) I'm convinced Wranglers make people spend money irrationally, but sometimes, happily.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Hey guys, visiting from the Bronco forums. People are trying to claim the Bronco is going to be overpriced because dealers are selling JLUs for $28K-$29k. Has anybody even gotten close to that for an OTD price(not including tags/taxes/license obviously) from what I’ve heard/read 10% below invoice is about the max discount and that’s only on higher trims. Can anyone correct me or better inform me?
I've seen JLUs go for under 30, even before corona. But that's the base models with stick shifts, manual locks, and crank windows on all 4 doors. Seems like that would get annoying. Just going to power locks/windows, auto trans, and a useable infotainment adds like $6-7k. So if a Bronco comes standard with all that stuff then it wouldn't be fair to compare it to a stripper model Jeep.
Sponsored