Sponsored

What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU?

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
97mph while driving her home from Seattle. 97 mph was when we ran up against the limiter(OEM tires).

The 2.0L e-Torque in my Recon was still pulling though. The 2.0L are effortless interstate cruisers.

I'll typically run 80-85mph while on the interstate. This is an area where the JL is so much improved over the JK.

-Steven
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hard to believe this is the kind of music that they're becoming millionaires off of I'm just a country boy this shit here does nothing for me. Just hard to believe they make millions off this shit

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
97mph while driving her home from Seattle. 97 mph was when we ran up against the limiter(OEM tires).

The 2.0L e-Torque in my Recon was still pulling though. The 2.0L are effortless interstate cruisers.

I'll typically run 80-85mph while on the interstate. This is an area where the JL is so much improved over the JK.

-Steven
I'm normally in the 70-75 mph range on my local highways, but I recently decided to run it up on an open stretch during the middle of the night with no one else in sight. It effortlessly hit 95, without a hint of argument, but I know that's not what Rubi with 4.25" of lift and 38's was meant to be doing. It was nice to know how easy it is, though.

Oh yeah, I also have the 2.0/8-speed combo with factory 4.10 gears.

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve hit mid 90s on these 38s wasn’t horrible at all, but definitely not like driving a sports car in the 90s

Deleted member 59098

80 a lot. Pretty common speed in California 65 zones. Usually I’m at 70-75 though.

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
95 on a wide, graded dirt road in Arizona. 115 on a deserted stretch of freeway. Both on 38's and 4.5" lift. As far as hitting a deer, it won't be much different at 70 than it is a 90 in my opinion. The same freeway in different states will have speed limits from 55 to 80. Some places even 85 or 90. If we are using speed limits to determine what's safe, who's speed limit are we talking about? If we are using speed at which I want to hit a deer or crash, let's say 15 or less. I guess roadtrips are out, as I'm not spending 100 hours driving to Moab at 15 just in case I hit something.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Around 85 is gets spooky.
85 spooky on a JLU? 85 is smooth and stable in my JLR, all currently original.

I pull my 3,000 lb Aliner 65 MPH no problem.

This really need a separate thread in 2 door forum.

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
90’s easy no problem. Still feels pretty good. Heck I drive 80+ daily. Some of y’all need to stay out the left lane and off the tolls in Texas.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Hard to believe this is the kind of music that they're becoming millionaires off of I'm just a country boy this shit here does nothing for me. Just hard to believe they make millions off this shit
I agree 100% that crap is ridiculous. Country music for me all my life and I've been around a long time. He'll half the country singers today would have been rock and roll in the '70s considering country music back then was real country LOL. Country music has come a long ways it's all I've ever listen to

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
95 on a wide, graded dirt road in Arizona. 115 on a deserted stretch of freeway. Both on 38's and 4.5" lift. As far as hitting a deer, it won't be much different at 70 than it is a 90 in my opinion. The same freeway in different states will have speed limits from 55 to 80. Some places even 85 or 90. If we are using speed limits to determine what's safe, who's speed limit are we talking about? If we are using speed at which I want to hit a deer or crash, let's say 15 or less. I guess roadtrips are out, as I'm not spending 100 hours driving to Moab at 15 just in case I hit something.
Going that fast if you had to swerve to miss something the Jeep would roll a lot easier than a car. I for one want to live a lot longer but that's my opinion. 80 on the highway is all I drive I don't go any faster than that with 37s

Sponsored

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
85 spooky on a JLU? 85 is smooth and stable in my JLR, all currently original.

I pull my 3,000 lb Aliner 65 MPH no problem.

This really need a separate thread in 2 door forum.
The extra wheelbase adds stability, some people are just...sensitive. All JL's handle great at speed compared to an old yj or tj. My sprung over wagoneer on 37's was sketchy at speed, especially in the corners. The JLUR is smooth and steady at 100+. With a different tire and a deserted stretch of road I'd have no problem doing an actual top speed test to see where the drag limited max is.

Reactions: J0E

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Going that fast if you had to swerve to miss something the Jeep would roll a lot easier than a car. I for one want to live a lot longer but that's my opinion. 80 on the highway is all I drive I don't go any faster than that with 37s
On these flat, straight stretches of road in the desert where you can literally see a tumbleweed for miles, what are you swerving to miss? There's a reason they do top speed testing, both on and off road in the Nevada and Utah deserts. If Maclaren can run 273 on the street, I'm not real worried about the low 100's. To each their own I guess.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Out west, Arizona and Nevada where I am currently, I have drove with the cruise set at 95 and still get passed. There are places where you can easiy see 10 miles. With the climate, there are not large animals that you have to worry about hitting and for the few donkeys or horses, they are few and far between.

Reactions: J0E

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Out west, Arizona and Nevada where I am currently, I have drove with the cruise set at 95 and still get passed. There are places where you can easiy see 10 miles. With the climate, there are not large animals that you have to worry about hitting and for the few donkeys or horses, they are few and far between.
Cool. I live in Dallas Ft Worth where it is very congested on the highways

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Fact is just getting out of bed in the morning is dangerous. We do have some control over the risks we are willing to take. A stock JL is incredibly safe and well-mannered. I would argue that even a poorly-lifted JL on 37s is safer and better-handling than a stock TJ. And if you want to toss a YJ or CJ into the mix... you get the point. There's only so many layers of bubble wrap you can put yourself in and still get from A to B
Sponsored