Sponsored

What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU?

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I found that the older I got, the closer to the speed limit I drove. Now I'm the guy making people angry because I'm only going the speed limit (with the occasional exception while passing folks going even slower than me).

Actually, yesterday I was on the interstate with a 70 mph speed limit, and it was stuck in 7th for quite a while (I think there was a bit of a headwind and maybe a slight upward incline) . I moved the stick over and manually shifted it up to 8th and noticed how much difference that made with the mileage display that I had up in the console. So I spent the trip trying out various speeds to see how much difference it made in mileage. YMMV, but there was only a moderate change in mileage between 60 and 68. Once I jumped above that, I lost several miles per gallon. So guess who's going to be hanging in the right lane going 68 on the interstate...
Sponsored

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
70 seems fast enough for me. Maybe 75. I will no more as I drive to Colorado this summer!

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
Top speed so far 65mph. Hey itā€™s brand new and only has 1,500 miles on her! lol!

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I havenā€™t driven very fast in my Jeep yet but I have completed all of the Rubicon Trail in my Corvette.

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
I hit the speed limiter@96. On 37s. the diesel had more, but Iā€™m glad the speed limiter kept me from being even more stupid.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I hit the speed limiter@96. On 37s. the diesel had more, but Iā€™m glad the speed limiter kept me from being even more stupid.
That's what I figured about 96 how are people getting 110 the rev limiters going to hit before that

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
That's what I figured about 96 how are people getting 110 the rev limiters going to hit before that
The limiter depends on tires. The mud terrains get 97mph, the Sahara/Altitude all terrains get 110mph, and the stock sport all seasons get 120mph

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I found that the older I got, the closer to the speed limit I drove. Now I'm the guy making people angry because I'm only going the speed limit (with the occasional exception while passing folks going even slower than me).

Actually, yesterday I was on the interstate with a 70 mph speed limit, and it was stuck in 7th for quite a while (I think there was a bit of a headwind and maybe a slight upward incline) . I moved the stick over and manually shifted it up to 8th and noticed how much difference that made with the mileage display that I had up in the console. So I spent the trip trying out various speeds to see how much difference it made in mileage. YMMV, but there was only a moderate change in mileage between 60 and 68. Once I jumped above that, I lost several miles per gallon. So guess who's going to be hanging in the right lane going 68 on the interstate...
To each their own - if I wanted good gas mileage why bother with a Jeep. If I drive 600 miles at 80 mph to my favorite Colorado jeeping areas I get there 1.25 hours sooner than you...and the same going back home. I will wave at you from the left lane as I pass you...šŸ˜Š

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
My JLUR 3.0L diesel shuts off the fuel injectors at 97 mph. It's documented somewhere, I think the owner's manual. I have not been to the vehicle's top end and I have not been to engine redline, which is 4,500 rpm. This is the lowest redline of any vehicle I have ever owned. But it's a diesel and has crazy torque.

Sponsored

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
So in the 110 pic, why does the screen capture in the quote from Hardsell in post #43 show it to be in 4 low but then it jumps to 2 high in the next quote #44 by Rubicon_20?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
To each their own - if I wanted good gas mileage why bother with a Jeep. If I drive 600 miles at 80 mph to my favorite Colorado jeeping areas I get there 1.25 hours sooner than you...and the same going back home. I will wave at you from the left lane as I pass you...šŸ˜Š
An hour sooner jeopardizing everyone's safety going over the speed limit it's really a great trade-off

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
The limiter depends on tires. The mud terrains get 97mph, the Sahara/Altitude all terrains get 110mph, and the stock sport all seasons get 120mph
any way to disable it all together?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
According to the Sherriff it was 83.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
An hour sooner jeopardizing everyone's safety going over the speed limit it's really a great trade-off
80 in a 75 is not jeopardizing anyoneā€™s safety. Apparently youā€™ve never spent any time driving on I70 through western Kansas/eastern Colorado. 80 is generally the minimum except for motor homes and elderly drivers.... Even Prius drivers run 80mph.
Sponsored