Sponsored

What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU?

HellaJL2817

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
101 mph on Michigan open roads. If you’ve ever been to Michigan the slow lane is 80mph on the way up the mitt 😂
Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Anything over 85 can be dangerous not worth it to me a vehicle top heavy like that be too easy to roll

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
90's but only to get by the idiots camping out in the middle and left lane driving 60...then they move over after they see a Wrangler pass them!

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Conditions vary. I've reached 94 one attempt and 98 on another try. Stupid thing to do but i was curious

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
In that one picture of someone was doing 110. RPMs was way too high the needles at like 6,000 RPMs you'd blow the engine wouldn't you ? Are the RPMs not way too high look at the left where the RPM is when you blow the engine your past 5 or 6,000 RPMs

Screenshot_20210124-125611_Samsung Internet.jpg

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
In that one picture of someone was doing 110. RPMs was way too high the needles at like 6,000 RPMs you'd blow the engine wouldn't you ? Are the RPMs not way too high look at the left where the RPM is when you blow the engine your past 5 or 6,000 RPMs

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU? Screenshot_20210124-125611_Samsung Internet
Motor has a soft rev limiter. It won't blow

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Motor has a soft rev limiter. It won't blow
Sometimes I can't hit eighth gear so I have to go into overdrive and hit it but if I don't it sounds likely to be a good 9 it's going to blow in seventh gear at 4,000 RPMs. I'm afraid I put it in overdrive are you telling me it's not going to shift into eighth and at 4,000 it sounds like it's going to blow or is that different because it's not shifting into eighth because of my 410s with 37s. For your comment is different I guess since its in eighth gear right

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
One time, in California I hit 88 MPH once! But that was in a vacant mall parking lot at midnight and I had to outrun a VW Microbus driven by a two nefarious looking dudes blasting an AK-47 in my general direction! They almost got me... but they ran outatime!

Now I am by no means a VW aficionado or expert, but they way that Microbus was peeling out and power sliding all over the lot, it had to have had its engine tweaked! Thinking Subaru...

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Sometimes I can't hit eighth gear so I have to go into overdrive and hit it but if I don't it sounds likely to be a good 9 it's going to blow in seventh gear at 4,000 RPMs. I'm afraid I put it in overdrive are you telling me it's not going to shift into eighth and at 4,000 it sounds like it's going to blow or is that different because it's not shifting into eighth because of my 410s with 37s. For your comment is different I guess since its in eighth gear right
The motor has a built in rev limiter. It pulls fuel and/or cuts ignition to keep the engine from exceeding about 6000 rpm. The 8 speed auto won't let you downshift into a gear that would exceed those rpm.

A manual transmission will let you downshift at high speed to an unsafe gear ratio, and in that case, you could most definitely scatter a 3.6

Sponsored

Nomod

First Name
Brien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S; '05 Pontiac GTO; '12 MBenz GLK; '99 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan; all purchased new - I tend to keep vehicles a long time
Probably 85, which it reaches easily, but I've cruised at 80 for hours at a time and it does so very effectively. If it wasn't for wind noise, it wouldn't seem any different than doing 50.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just remember at least in Texas if you're doing 100 they can take you to jail immediately and make you face a judge. Your tickets going to be over $1,000 easy I know somebody that got caught doing a hundred in a car and I think she said her ticket was $1,700. Dont know if that's true or not I don't know but I'll tell you what the judge can put you in jail if you don't have a good enough reason

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So if I'm driving and I'm in 6th or 7th gear and it's hitting 4,000 RPMs and won't shift say into eighth by itself can I blow the motor up

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
105MPH. I-696 can be fun when no cops are nearby. :)

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
And it's probably a lot better and smoother with an all-terrain than a mud tire like I have lol
Sponsored