Sponsored

What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU?

jespey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR White; 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Glanced at speedometer on I 95 in So Florida while just going with the flow of traffic, at 90. Even though it felt as smooth as my BMW, I backed down thinking that a brick going down the highway at that speed might not be able to handle much of an emergency situation.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
No way ! Really ? Its like they went to school for it !
My wife is the opposite. She is like, is that a new gun? Well it was a year ago.... did you get a hair cut..yea two weeks ago. When did you take the doors off the jeep, a week ago.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I pulled my camper trailer at 95 mph to catch a guy towing a SxS on an open flat bed trailer with all of the tie down straps hanging off it. Not one strap was attached. It was a 4 seater. He was running 85 mph. I get next to him and my wife yell over to him that his SxS was not tied down he acknowledged it and kept driving. I backed way off to watch the potential shit show as I did not want it landing on my vehicle as he drove. I just kept thinking what an asshole. That think has to be over 2000 pounds and it bouncing down the freeway at 80 mph will be super dangerous. He never pulled off, just kept driving. I slowed back down to 65 mph. My normal, I am pulling a camper speed.

So people........

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
My wife is the opposite. She is like, is that a new gun? Well it was a year ago.... did you get a hair cut..yea two weeks ago. When did you take the doors off the jeep, a week ago.
My wife never notices new fly rods but if I leave that little plastic pull tab ( that thing you pull out of a new milk or juice carton ) on the counter ,she freaks out !! :facepalm:
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU? tab

Sponsored

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
I'm curious at what speed the side windows blow out of a soft top while in Sunrider mode :)

With all windows down in Sunrider mode, it seems like those bad windows catch a lot of wind when you get to 75mph so I've never pushed it. But there's gotta be someone out there who has found the top-end limit!

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
97 sitting on 37s having to pass a car that wouldn’t let me merge.

Rubicon_20

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
EHS
LMAO Wow glad I wasn't the only one that caught the 4L indicator. Mine has a 97MPH Governor so that's the most I can do, although I would not recommend driving these Jeeps in that manner. Not to mention, most of our tires are rated for a max 100mph.

Last edited:

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
So far, about 85 for me.
106 for about 3 minutes at 2:00 AM in the morning. Very steady but I wouldn't have wanted to stop quick for any lost deer wandering around. I have the 3.6.
Sponsored