Sponsored

What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU?

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
My wife didn’t feel it going that fast, and she didn’t notice it; she notices EVERYTHING I do wrong ;)
Proof that you do no wrong? I digress!

To all the gents here with your ladies, no need to go that fast!

Slow it down when you go exploring. Make sure you’re all lubed up and the joints and knuckles are good. When you begin your adventure, you’ll need to savor every dip, bump and bruise over the asphalt (pun intended).

Let her navigate the curves and ride in the soft shoulders when necessary. Don’t be afraid to show her your blinker.

Remember, slippery when wet. As you navigate around the familiar terrain, explore it like it’s your first time there. Be on the lookout for wild bush and the elusive beaver.

As you continue the ride, there’s no need for any violent, jerking motions: hold on, put your foot down, steer her in the direction and let her go!

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
111 mph at a slight incline - software might have hit the limit. My 2.0 did swimmingly. Believe it or not my JL was pushed by another JL. 3-5 minutes at that speed and I let them pass me...maybe a rental.

The Jeep was stable. The wife wasn't.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Is this like when I’m on the gun forums and someone from “definitely not the ATF” says “okay peeps show me those SBRs!!”? It feels like that.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
my 5th is restricting me in posting my speed limit.

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
Is this like when I’m on the gun forums and someone from “definitely not the ATF” says “okay peeps show me those SBRs!!”? It feels like that.
Yeah!

How about when they even add their toilet paper collection!

Jeep Wrangler JL What is the fastest speed you have driven your JL/JLU? mk18tp.JPG

*dear ATF, I paid my $200 tax.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I take all my vehicles to 100 at least once. I've been much faster, but 100 was enough for the Yeep
x2, but would never attempt w/ any significant crosswinds.

YerMaun

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUS, '15 JGC SRT, '11 R8 V10, '05 Mustang GT
Don't think I've had the JL beyond 80. It seems perfectly happy to go faster, but it's not worth it on the roads I'm usually on. Anyway I have the SRT if I feel the need for speed :)

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
The speed limit on the interstates in Montana was 90. I was told by a Trooper there that they won't stop you for speeding unless you were being unsafe. So I got my unlimited Rubicon with a roof top tent up to 110 before I slowed down to 85 and put the cruise control on.

Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
105 mph trying to get around a truck as 4-lane was turning into 2-lane. Problem was truck was 1/4 mile ahead. Very stable, just felt a bit light in the front end at that speed.

Stock JL 2-door Sport S with V-6

Best,
-Tim

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That 8th gear really increases the top speed of the JL. I bought my Jeep near our cabin in Oklahoma, and- on the 190 mile drive home, I remember looking down and seeing "89." This was amazing to me, because it didn't even seem I was going "all that fast."

Heck, I'm not sure my old TJ could have gotten to 89! On a subsequent trip to Oklahoma, I nudged the speedo over 100- just to see the numbers on the dash- but I mostly stay in the 80s (especially now that I have 37s- which are just a bit bouncier than the 33s).