Sponsored

What is the best dealer behavior that you've observed?

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Just had to.... :)

I know there are plenty of stories out there of the bad. Which sharing those could help a fellow Jeep brother or sister out. So what about the good. Would not the same be true?

I believe it would be.

So I will start. For me it was with my home town dealer.

Bob Poynter Dodge, Jeep in Seymour, IN.

The salesman knew exactly what I was looking for because he took time to listen. He hooked me up with their parts member that in turn hooked me up the same day with their wheel and tire distributor. Together they worked with me to make sure that I was able to order EXACTLY what I wanted.

From the order date to delivery the Salesman and I stayed in touch and he provided any updates that he was able to get.

My Jeep arrived at the dealer lot, near 5pm as the salesman was leaving for the day. He took a picture of my Jeep while it was still on the vehicle carrier and sent me a txt with the pic to inform me of the arrival. I stoped by that day after work for a quick “visit” with my new baby. Would have slept in it that night if they would have let me. LOL.

My salesman and others at the dealership knew I was super ready to take delivery so they had it ready for me the next day by noon which I very happily accepted.

When I see some of the folks out and about around town they ask me how things are going.

They know what true customer service is all about. I would DEFINITELY recommend them.
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealer sales manager gave me a good deal and kept me informed of the progress including sending me transit sheets showing where it was at each day on its journey. It was damaged during transit, he inspected it when it came in and put on a new hardtop and flare off one on the lot so I wouldn't have to wait for them to be ordered.

And buying local has given them trust and support, answering mod questions, wholesale parts prices, service support including having corporate add a sales code so I could add an option not supported for post-factory install, and service specials. These are things I would not have received by trying to save some money by buying a 1,000 miles away.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The best Jeep dealer story I can tell is when I went for an oil change yesterday and they did exactly what they said they would do. Nothing less, nothing more.

That was a successful dealer visit as far as I am concerned.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
The best Jeep dealer story I can tell is when I went for an oil change yesterday and they did exactly what they said they would do. Nothing less, nothing more.
This actually happened? I don't believe you!

Wapiti

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My first new vehicle was an 08 JKU that was bought from a local stand alone jeep dealer that soon after lost the franchise in the Great Recession. I then had to go to the local Lithia store, which I wasn't looking forward to. The 08's had the lifetime powertrain warranty, so I took it there for a leaking rear axle seal. The new, young-looking service adviser told me that it wasn't covered under warranty; all the bad stealership stories were running through my head. I calmly grabbed the owner's manual from the glove box to prove him wrong, but he said no, it was because I wasn't the original owner. My head about exploded, but I kept my cool. In the background, the service manager heard what was going on, and came up and did some checking; turns out the kid messed up one digit in the VIN and pulled up a nearly identical Jeep belonging to someone else- same Rescue Green color, same options, etc.

Easy fix, and not so much big deal in scheme of things as just a funny story. Human's make mistakes, and that was an easy one to do. 7 years later, the service advisor is still there, still remembers my name, and is still my preferred go-to guy. He has no connection to the sales department, but since then I bought another JKU and then my current JLU. In both cases, they brought in the rig of my choice from other dealers at least 4 hours away, and were untouchable on the price, even beating the high volume Idaho dealers.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I bought my JLUR from a LaFantane Jeep dealership. In Michigan. I called and talked to the sales manager and said, that if he would order me a JLUR at 6% under invoice I would come in today and order it a put a down payment down. He asked what I wanted, I texted him the build sheet. He called me back in about 5 minutes and said lets do this. I drove to the dealership, he had everything in the computer when I got there. He ordered it, I gave him the down payment. I was at the dealership approximately 15 minutes. I was there that long because it took a few minutes to get the receipt for my down payment.

When my Jeep came in they called me and said what time it would be prepped for delivery. I showed up the vehicle was clean and set to go. I was at the dealership for about a half hour. Best new vehicle purchase process I have ever experienced.

Also I called the sales manager and told him that if he could be the best finance rate I could find that I would also finance through the dealership. And he did.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
On a less cynical note, my purchase of this JL from Tooele Motors near Salt Lake City last November, was perhaps one of the best interactions I ever had with a Jeep dealer.

For 10 weeks I shopped for a Sahara V6 automatic with Selec-Trac, color matched top, Cold Weather Group, Safety Group, Tow Group, Proximity Door locks, leather, LED Group, at a good price. Finally found a 2018 sitting unsold at Toelle Motors, 1,000 miles away, with everything I wanted minus the leather or the front LEDs: it had a MSRP of $50,000; they were letting it go $38,000. Called in to ask for more photos and check availability. Very courteously and promptly they emailed me all the information I requested. We agreed on the price; they took down a deposit. As I flew out to get the vehicle they created the purchase contract. My salesman kept me informed of the process at all times.

When I arrived at SLC they picked me up from the airport and brought me to the dealership. The Jeep and all the paper work were waiting and ready to go. I signed everything, gave them a check, they paired my phone, gave me a quick intro to the Jeep, and I was on my way. I was in-and-out within 45 minutes.

I was on the road the next couple of days driving home. My salesman stayed in touch to make sure I and the Jeep were fine and to see if I had any questions.

Although it was nothing fancy, it was quite likely the best Jeep purchase experience I had in 30 years. And the price was hard to beat. So far, 4,000 miles later, my ownership experience has been trouble-free.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
FARICY BOYS in Colorado Springs. Every experience I’ve had there from the oil changes, minor warranty work, service personnel even talked in depth about lifts and gave opinions that helped me decide on my lift/tires. Which wasn’t Mopar, BF’s, or Goodyear.
They gave advice with profit to them. I’ve even try to order some things though the parts department and they laughed when the saw the price the had to charge me and told me to look for better pricing options. Great, honest JEEP dealership that knows why most people buy a Jeep.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Lexus dealers in general. Never sell you anything you don’t need, they do the work you ask and never any issues with work.

That is not the norm anymore, so just executing on these things makes a big difference these days.

If every manufacturer could mimmic Lexus the car world would be a better place.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Weird, tons of posts on the bad dealer experience thread but barely and posts here. Huh?

Sponsored

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if this is odd, but when I bought my jeep my dealer let me test drive like 10 different vehicles. Didn't ask for my id or insurance nor did they even ride with me. They gave my the fob, and said see you later. I thought that was a great way to build trust.

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Weird, tons of posts on the bad dealer experience thread but barely and posts here. Huh?
Negativity sells. Want proof. Look at the news media.

Want more proof try to walk around in a good mood for a week (even if you have to fake it part of the time). It will start to aggravate people. But, I have found that as an individual, you will feel a lot better.

There are a few people that I am around frequently (because I have to be) that love to walk around and spread negative. I attempt to balance it out with positive and it drives them crazy. Sometimes it even makes them more negative. My life is too short to choose to walk around in a storm cloud all the time. I work to focus on the rainbows.

For example....
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the best dealer behavior that you've observed? B1278E80-C2D9-4A0E-8F9D-1A308199E9BD
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the best dealer behavior that you've observed? 9237AF07-8F39-4E5A-B1E3-24790B09D9A0
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the best dealer behavior that you've observed? 67B34BAB-5501-459F-B41F-D39C0DBD8193

Last edited:

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Both Jeep dealerships I bought our two Jeeps from were excellent in working out the deal. Great attitudes, not once did they say “no;” they would just say, ”Let me go work this.”

I use the Bradenton Jeep dealership for the few issues that have come up. Their customer service and work is excellent; they even let me go into the shop to watch them work on it.

Let me give a funny, contrasting story from a Nissan dealership. I went to buy a new Frontier. I didn’t need one, as I already had one that was an excellent vehicle. I told them I wanted a new one at the same monthly payments or less. They were also giving a free iPad with each new vehicle purchase.

I beat them down really hard and low on the price. The sales manager was getting red in the face but holding it together. They put the contract in front of me to sign, for a Frontier that was at a sister dealership. As I picked up the pen to sign - hours into this - I said, “Where’s my new iPad?”

The sales manager said, “Are you kidding me? With the deal I’m giving you, you aren’t getting an iPad!” I laid the pen down and said “Have a good day, gentlemen.” I got up and walked out. The looks of shock were funny.

I drove around the corner and waited. About five minutes later my cell rings. I answered it. The sales manager screeched loudly at me “Ok!!! You’re getting your FUCKING iPad!” I said, “Wow dude, calm down!” He YELLED back, “Are you fucking coming back!?!? Goddamnit! FUCK!” I hung up on him and drove back.

The salesman who was quite friendly was waiting for me in the parking lot. He walked up laughing and shook my hand, apologizing for the behavior of his boss. He said “I’ve never seen ANYONE work that prick over like you did! You are my hero!” He then told me what happened, After I walked out, he angrily went into the office and scrubbed my name off of their whiteboard. The general manager asked him why Mr. Cook wasn’t closing the deal. The sales manager reportedly said “That mother fucker wants an iPad too!!!” The general manager ripped his butt good, threatened to fire him, and ordered him to call me back. Thus the screeching phone call I received from him.

But the story isn’t over. I was told that they would bring my new truck up from Naples the next day, Saturday. Saturday I received a call from the very subdued sales manager, “Mr, Cook, the truck we sold you yesterday was sold in a fleet deal yesterday. I cannot get you that truck.”

”Ok,” I said. “Give me my truck that I gave you for trade back.”

Dead. Silence.

”Uh....sir, we sold your trade-in to a customer yesterday.”

This brought me extreme joy. I feigned controlled anger. “You have till the end of today to find me a Frontier, same color, same options, with ADDITIONAL options I will not pay for, or I will be contacting my attorney. Have a good day, sir.” I hung up.

A few days later they delivered a highly optioned Frontier to me, without paying an additional penny.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Negativity sells. Want proof. Look at the news media.

Want more proof try to walk around in a good mood for a week (even if you have to fake it part of the time). It will start to aggravate people. But I have found that as an individual you will feel a lot better.

There are a few people that I am around frequently (because I have to be) that love to walk around as spread negative. I attempt to balance it out with positive and it drives them crazy. Sometimes it even makes that more negative. My life is too short to choose to walk around in a storm cloud all the time. I work to focus on the rainbows. For example....
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the best dealer behavior that you've observed? 67B34BAB-5501-459F-B41F-D39C0DBD8193
Absolutely awesome pics!

Eat your heart out, pot o' gold! Lol

OP
OP
cOtter

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Absolutely awesome pics!

Eat your heart out, pot o' gold! Lol
Yes. I was considering making a new post titled simply, “Found it!” And then just attaching the second picture to see what ensued.
Sponsored