Sponsored

What is the average age of a JL Rubicon owner? Input yours

What is the average age of a Rubicon owner.

• Total voters

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
One things for sure , not many companies have such good brand loyalty. I bought my first jeep at 17... started lifting it etc.... 20 years later I'm on my 5th.
yup. I've had them since 83. But not because I'm loyal, more like nothing else compares as favorably. Wish they would, gets kind of tiring to see nothing but jeeps on the trail. ;)

In answer to the thread, it sounds like a lot of money for jeeps, or any vehicle these days but we are getting a lot more for our money too. Old or young you are getting value and money is cheap now so why not.

Retiring this year I hope and paid for mine 6 months after ownership with a special cash back if I took out a huge loan to purchase. So I made a little money off the loan....when does that ever happen? ;)
Sponsored

702SaharaJL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Bikini Blue
I bought my first Rubicon at 37! Bought my first Jeep at 16..(1970 Wagoneer for $600, I miss my old hooptie)

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I am keeping my Rubicon ones for now, but thanks! I want to see how they hold up in Moab, then maybe I'll take you up on that. That trip isn't until August though. Know of any good off-roading around us locally? I've been hitting some dirt roads, but it's pretty sad...

yes there a few places in WV and around locally ... who are you goig to MOAB with any room for 1 more?

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
The absolute cheapest used 2018 Rubicon I can find is $40k+
Not So: Brother just bought an '18 JLRU, 35" K02s; 15,000 lb. Warn Winch; Steel bumpers; bumper mounted neumatic assisted tire carrier; Aluminum 0ffset rims; Hard top; Alpine Sound; 9" screen; 6sp manual! keyless start; 14k miles! $37k! Nice rig! Someone took a beating.

Last edited:

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Not So: Brother just bought an '18 JLRU, 35" K02s; 15,000 lb. Warn Winch; Steel bumpers; bumper mounted neumatic assisted tire carrier; Aluminum 0ffset rims; Hard top; Alpine Sound; 9" screen; 6sp manual! keyless start; 14k miles! $37k! Nice rig! Someone took a beating.
That dealer was motivated to sell!
I should have stated...
I was restricting my search to automatics, hardtop, V6. I was looking last night and withing 500 miles the cheapest used I can find is still about $40k. A week or two ago there was one at 38-something but it is gone now.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the average age of a JL Rubicon owner? Input yours oie_v1qRfM12hRnZ
I bought my 1st Jeep, a CJ5 in 1972. Have owned Jeeps ever since, I even had 10 Jeeps all at the same time, all registered and insured. I had this dream of owning one of every Jeep model ever made. So much for dreams. Retired, have 3 Jeeps now, 07 Sahara, 2018 Cherokee and 2016 Rubicon. Ordering a Gladiator Mojave as soon as the diesel is available, that will be Jeep #37 and hopefully the last time I have to drop twice what I paid for my 1st house on a vehicle ;)

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
That dealer was motivated to sell!
It was one Hell of a deal! Brother's timing was remarkable. If I was younger with a family, no doubt I would have jumped on that if I had known about it. I think the manual tranny is what kept the price so low. Loaded JLUR with a manual.... mm...mmm! Very few buyers want a manual on a loaded JLUR. I spent six months looking to test a manual Rubicon. Not one dealer in NM ever had one; special order only.... without driving one. The gearing is enviable, unique and radical. Hate all the electronics, but at that price....I'd be flexible.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
poor guy probably got laid off and couldnt afford it. Or has a lot of money and doesnt mean a thing to him....or had problems with it, possibly a lemon and couldnt wait to ditch it. who knows??

Sponsored

Powerwagon1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1982 Jeep CJ5, 2017 Powerwagon
First Jeep was a 1980 CJ5 with 304 and 4 sp. when I was 20, That started my life long addiction to 4 wheel drive. Countless K-5 Blazers, Broncos, Cherokees, Ford F-350's Power Wagon's Yea I'm old ,going on 60.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
The real issue is how old is one who drives a free and clear JLR sitting in a free and clear garage?
I'm sure that many of us who have a loan could have paid cash for their Jeep. In my case, the loan is 2.90% interest and I can do better than that through my financial advisor investing it for me. Thus, it would make no sense for me to pay cash for a $58K Recon when I will come out better by making monthly payments and investing the rest. ;)

Jeepdude101

First Name
Isaac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR black
Occupation
Construction field worker
Vehicle Showcase
I’m under 25 and have a 18 JLUR mildly optioned out, I have a good job and work 40-60 hours a week I don’t have any kids yet and I don’t party or waste my income on crap. My only other hobby is shooting and I live in TX not a super high cost of living state like NY and CA:jk:

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
I’m under 25 and have a 18 JLUR mildly optioned out, I have a good job and work 40-60 hours a week I don’t have any kids yet and I don’t party or waste my income on crap. My only other hobby is shooting and I live in TX not a super high cost of living state like NY and CA:jk:
I'm pulling for ya, but you'll screw it up. Most all of us did.

Here's a tip of a glass to ya though. Enjoy the fruits of your labors while you can. As the great philosopher Al Bundy said:

"I'm jealous of everyone not married to you, Peg"

"Life didn't pass me by. it sat on my head."

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I am one of the old guys. Pushing 70, working full time and drawing SSI. No kids, house paid off. I bought my first jeep, a CJ-5 back in 1973. A 304 V-8 with a 3 speed. Terrible mileage, but tons of fun. I bought the Rubicon diesel when it came out because I have wanted one ever since FCA said that there was going to be one. 1 bill, the jeep, but at 2.9% and 3 years I went for it. Paying over the minimum amount so will pay it off sooner than later. Now to survive this virus thing and enjoy what life is being blessed to me.
Sponsored