Sponsored

What is the average age of a JL Rubicon owner? Input yours

What is the average age of a Rubicon owner.

• Total voters

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I've thought about this, too. It would seem the average age and income of most JL owners right now is high-er-ish......I'm continually floored daily by people who are going to have "their guy" install a skidplate or a bumper

I'm sure the same thing happened when the TJ and JK et al were initially released.
I don't get owning a Jeep and paying someone to work on it except for a few special cases such as swapping rear gears.
Sponsored

Dogboyslim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Punkn.
46, 2 teens and a tween at home. Mortgage at 20% LTV, college savings about where we want it for all 3 kids, wife and I both have pretty good jobs with 401ks with decent matches.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Pffft... excuse me, this is for Rubicon owners. ANYONE can afford a Sport, I bought three Sports last week and gave them out to the homeless in my area because I am so wealthy.
I know this is going to be a little judgmental, but don't you think that's a bit...I dunno, presumptive? I mean, not everyone wants a Wrangler, and Wranglers aren't for everyone...

...only the sexy people! :LOL:

But on a serious note, the homeless problem is one that I care deeply about. I regularly donate money, and sometimes time to the cause. It's interesting when you get out and meet and talk to homeless people, try to understand them. Some of them don't need help, or I should say, haven't reached that point where they will accept help. Others are responsible enough to take the help, build on it, and get independent, again. So, I guess giving Wranglers out isn't such a bad idea, just take care who you give them to.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
In my early thirties, 1 Kid (that I know of), house, dog, girlfriend and a wife. Two years ago, I went to the dealership to pick up a used Prius, came home with a Rubicon. Never was a Jeep guy, but now that I have it, I couldn’t picture myself with out it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What is the average age of a JL Rubicon owner? Input yours pretty-generous-of-them-to-offer-a-free-meal-after-my-wife-and-gf-have-trashed-the-place-311377

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I'm 9 years old, I have a weekly allowance of 15 dollars but after they install the new dishwasher I'm probably getting a pay cut.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Looks like old age and treachery are ahead.

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
This is great. There are a lot of really smart and diligent people buying these things, most of whom have worked hard, managed well, and now play hard.

Same situation as many above. 34 years old, 3 kids, wife, just bought a house. Bought the JLUR as a family fun adventure buggy (though I did just trade it in for a new Tacoma after the door hinges started rusting...)

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I are purposeful DINKs (dual income, no kids) in our early 40's.
Bought the '20 JLURD in cash. I owe nothing except the mortgage and only because the cash earns more invested that the mortgage costs. I turn my own wrenches on anything that doesn't involve opening an engine or a transmission. I cut my own grass and fix just about anything that goes wrong with the house. I work damn near every moment I'm awake and refuse to pay someone to do something I can do unless the opportunity cost exceeds the expense.

Mikejd1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
After reading a poll about the Jeep owners household income, it was mentioned that with all of the people owning Rubicons that it was an indication that many people had crazy money... or something along that line. I think it has more to do with many of us being in a different stage of life, like kids grown up, and 99% of life's major purchase are already bought and paid for, (college, home, other cars,.... big ticket items) so their money is freed up. I think this a lot of times comes with age.

So that is what promoted this poll.
Age 40. Mortgage is our only debt.

2 kids , 12 and 9.

John in Wichita

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
We have always enjoyed our used older Jeeps but never as much as our newly purchased (demonstrator out of Miami Ok) 2019 Rubicon Unlimited. We are both 65 and have been shopping for electricity powered roof lifts. Getting old sucks - until you crawl some obstacles. Makes you feel invincible again....
John in Kansas

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
I'm 9 years old, I have a weekly allowance of 15 dollars but after they install the new dishwasher I'm probably getting a pay cut.
I bet that you love turtles too!

Later,
Johnny

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I’m 30 and have a Rubicon that I paid about $40k for, custom factory order with very few options.

I wish I could say I’m as fiscally responsible as most of the posters above, but the truth is I’m not. Not at all. I don’t have the time or energy to do the household finances so my wife handles them and she sucks at it. To be specific, she’s great at paying bills but terrible at not spending money. We have no student loans, but probably ~10k in credit card debt that she can’t seem to pay off because there’s always some dumb ass thing that she must get. It drives me fucking nuts but not worth getting divorced over, not yet anyway.

There’s a little dose of reality for ya

wordslayer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
grand cherokee
I said in an another thread that I really doubt people are lying about their incomes. Income really increases when you get into your 50's. Most everyone who claimed to make well into the six figures, I'm sure, were struggling in their 30's.

Here's something interesting I recently read:

"Senior citizens spend just under 50% of all purchasing dollars in the United States, even though less than 5% of advertising is focused on them. They are the most affluent segment of our society – they comprise more than half of depositors in financial institutions, and control nearly 70% of all assets in the United States. In short, senior citizens have 5x the worth of the average American."

when you are older you have no debt, no kids to take care of, and if you haven't ever divorced, you are probably very well off.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
We have always enjoyed our used older Jeeps but never as much as our newly purchased (demonstrator out of Miami Ok) 2019 Rubicon Unlimited. We are both 65 and have been shopping for electricity powered roof lifts. Getting old sucks - until you crawl some obstacles. Makes you feel invincible again....
John in Kansas
John,
I could share my old age aches and pains with you, but someone out there has it worse. I'll just say: we're the lucky ones.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
I didn’t want to wait until I was too old and/or physically limited to enjoy it. I see far too many people cut down in the prime of their youth due to a traumatic event. You could have the cholesterol of a newborn and run 20 miles a day, One day a distracted driver hits you and boom you are left permanently disabled or worse.
Conversely, I have seen 50 year olds who can not walk without an assistive device, let alone climb in and out of a Jeep or safely operate any vehicle. I guess what I am saying is, tomorrow is promised to no one, so enjoy it now, responsibly.
Sponsored

Last edited: