Sponsored

What is the average age of a JL Rubicon owner? Input yours

What is the average age of a Rubicon owner.

• Total voters

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
After reading a poll about the Jeep owners household income, it was mentioned that with all of the people owning Rubicons that it was an indication that many people had crazy money... or something along that line. I think it has more to do with many of us being in a different stage of life, like kids grown up, and 99% of life's major purchase are already bought and paid for, (college, home, other cars,.... big ticket items) so their money is freed up. I think this a lot of times comes with age.

So that is what promoted this poll.
Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
After reading a poll about the Jeep owners household income, it was mentioned that with all of the people owning Rubicons that it was an indication that many people had crazy money... or something along that line. I think it has more to do with many of us being in a different stage of life, like kids grown up, and 99% of life's major purchase are already bought and paid for, (college, home, other cars,.... big ticket items) so their money is freed up. I think this a lot of times comes with age.

So that is what promoted this poll.
I am 40 years old and have a Rubi. Mortgage, two young kids so still in the thick of it.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Also, I think you're missing a group. The 41 to 44 year olds will be lost.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I think most people are lying about their income so I wouldn't put much stock in that poll. And honestly, are Rubicons really THAT expensive when compared to other vehicles? Everything costs at least $50K these days. 4Runner, F150, Mustang GT, Lexus GX 460...

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've thought about this, too. It would seem the average age and income of most JL owners right now is high-er-ish......I'm continually floored daily by people who are going to have "their guy" install a skidplate or a bumper

I'm sure the same thing happened when the TJ and JK et al were initially released.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just turned 50 a few weeks ago. I guess I now fit into the OPs description. No Motgage anymore, no CC bills, 2 kids (one 17yo, the other 22, but recently graduated and now an Air Force 2nd Lt. waiting to go active), no car payments for a few years.

The past 2 years, we saw the writing on the wall about my job and worked hard to zero out stuff. In January, I accepted a voluntary separation plan from my employer due to a reorganization. My last day of work was the end of March after 17 years at that company.

So, now I find myself without a job in a really bizarre job market. I had hoped to travel for a bit and then get back to some sort of job but that didn't happen either. I've never been without a job since I was 16, and tjis is really weird for me. In an effort to keep my ass from fusing to my couch, I started doing Doordash. Nothing I'd do for a long term, but its getting me beer money and supporting my Jeep accessory habbit!!

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
My youngest graduating and go off to college this fall (hopefully) is exactly the reason I got a Willys over a Rubicon.

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
In the 70’s, I heard there’s two things guys always lies about, MPG and how much coochie they get. Wealth and intelligence need to be added. Like #45 I got a lot of money folks and am beautifully smart, people say all the time, smart guy, has a lot of money. No, I can’t show my tax returns, I’m being audited. High school, collage recorders are sealed for some reason. I didn’t do it, I don’t know who did, maybe somebody did it.
Yep, Old Sourdough got a lot of money and smart. Rubicon gets huge MPG in town, huge and well, I get more than a toilet seat some say.

Quote of the day, “ hyroxychloroquine pill washed down with a swig of bleach, hearing good reports all the time. What’s it going to hurt”.
/S
Edgar Allan Poe: Believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear.

Last edited:

JoepCO

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I’m 37, and I have drooled over Rubicons for over a decade. But with student loan debt, wedding cost, daycare payments, and The cost of home ownership entry I waited, and waited.

That is until I finally paid of my student loan debt ($35,000), and my kids were old enough (now 8 and 6) to stop making daycare payments ($2,000/month) I pulled the trigger and got my JLUR (albeit a used one!)

it was a grind but so far it’s been worth the wait. And my kids LOVE it!

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I find these polls interesting but feel like some are passing judgement. My wife and I are late 30's, both professionals (accountants), just paid off student loans, and don't have kids. I have had 12 vehicles so far (8 new and 4 used) and for the first time in my life I purchased the exact one I wanted. Like someone above said, vehicles cost a ton now. I don't think a loaded rubicon is much more than most new cars with comparable trim. My wife was reading some article the other day about how no one bats an eye when someone is driving a $60-80K pick-up truck. a half-ton truck with leather is easily $60K+ now days. I just think there are a lot of young-ish professionals in their late 30's and early 40's that don't want to drive the same Tahoe/F-150/Highlander as Jim and Nancy down the street.