Sponsored

What is the average age of a JL Rubicon owner? Input yours

What is the average age of a Rubicon owner.

• Total voters
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 manual
just my two cents, I've had Wranglers for a long time, my first new one was 10 years ago and was a little over 19K (2010 sport 2 door only option was A/C), My 2020 JLUR was way more than double that. When I bought this one I got exactly what I wanted and knew it wasn't going to be cheap. My 2017 JK was like 33K and after I spent 5K (that's what I told my wife)making it the way I wanted I knew this time I would get a Rubicon and spec it exactly the way I wanted. And Yes, I will still spend money on aftermarket items.
My wife has a 2019 JLU sport.
Sponsored

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
35 at the end of this year, which is when i hope to get my Rubicon.
Fiance and I have a mortgage payment, no other forms of debt other then car payments. No kids, yet.

dubaqueen

First Name
Ellis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sarge Green
This is my first time posting...I haven't received my RUbicon yet ordered on May 2nd. I just turned 35 and have one daughter and planning on more kids. I am far from wealthy but I manage my money well and have good credit. I been researching jeeps and initially wanted the Sahara but then I went to order I couldnt get it in a manual so I kind of settled for the rubicon LOL well not exactly I took the leap and upgraded.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
46 with two teenage kids but had no car payments for 13 years prior. I am good with money and keep my credit score high.

Also I am a huge DIY'er, that helps a lot when you own a home. Just remodeled my kitchen myself for $4,000 including all new appliances. I don't like to pay people to do anything for me.

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
32, big mortgage, small rental house mortgage, no school loans, no wife, no kids, with misc. debt worthy of a beater work truck. Don't go out and drink or eat out often and am pretty frugal on most things financially to afford this and a couple 2 wheeled toys. I only have one vehicle now and that's my JL where as previously, I would always have a jeep/truck combo for work. I have had roommates in my house's for years to offset a monthly car payment and cover my bare necessities. This strategy helped me pay off my 2013 JK 2 door. When it came time to upgrade, I sold JK for 25, and put that down on the JL. Owe just over 10k on it now. Had 2 people living with me so it covered my Jeep and basic living expenses/house maintenance. Friends give me shit for how much money I have in the jeep and say how can you afford that, yet they spend $100+ a week at Bars or going out to eat at least. (400+monthly) Welp, they just made my car payment so it's easy for me to justify. You don't have to be rich. Just can't be wasteful and have to understand your financial priorities. Most base model vanilla cars from dealers are $25k+ before options and their resale value goes to shit immediately so I take resale into the equation. Bought my jk for 27k, sold it for 25k 5 years later lol.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
In my early thirties, 1 Kid (that I know of), house, dog, girlfriend and a wife. Two years ago, I went to the dealership to pick up a used Prius, came home with a Rubicon. Never was a Jeep guy, but now that I have it, I couldn’t picture myself with out it.

Decoy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
After reading a poll about the Jeep owners household income, it was mentioned that with all of the people owning Rubicons that it was an indication that many people had crazy money... or something along that line. I think it has more to do with many of us being in a different stage of life, like kids grown up, and 99% of life's major purchase are already bought and paid for, (college, home, other cars,.... big ticket items) so their money is freed up. I think this a lot of times comes with age.

So that is what promoted this poll.
Well maybe I’m one of the older ones (66) just retired after 44 years as a police officer but always wanted a Wrangler. Previously owned a Liberty and a Renegade - but this is my retirement gift- ordered in Feb - arrived early May - Sarge green - Sahara - it’s awesome !

Sponsored

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
In my early thirties, 1 Kid (that I know of), house, dog, girlfriend and a wife. Two years ago, I went to the dealership to pick up a used Prius, came home with a Rubicon. Never was a Jeep guy, but now that I have it, I couldn’t picture myself with out it.
You're a brave man to admit that you have both a wife and a girlfriend LOL!

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
I'm 56 years old and on my 4th Rubicon ('06, '09, '12 and now the 2019 JL). I've been with the same woman for over 30 years, our kids are grown and living on their own, we own a mortgage free home in a nice neighbourhood, I run my own business, and I have a 570 HP Camaro that I use as a fair weather vehicle or to go drag racing a few times a year. My girlfriend drives a 2018 BMW 430i xDrive Coup but also still has her old 1998 Grand Cherokee Limited.

The last few months have been challenging to say the least, but we've worked our butts off over the years, saved money for rainy day, never lived beyond our means, and we don't have any debt to worry about.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawman
You're a brave man to admit that you have both a wife and a girlfriend LOL!
Haha, I was joking. I no longer posses the ability, energy or want to juggle multiple women. But back in college, it was a different story.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawman
“The last few months have been challenging to say the least, but we've worked our butts off over the years, saved money for rainy day, never lived beyond our means, and we don't have any debt to worry about.”

This is possibly some of the best information I’ve seen on this forum in some time. Probably some of the best advice to build a solid foundation for the future. Thanks for sharing this.
Sponsored