What is the adjustable switch for?

Deerhorn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
It is the one in the middle of the picture just to the right of the headlight switch. There are two roller switches. The right roller switch is for the dash and dome lights. I cannot find what the one next to the headlight switch is for. I'm stymied!

K7kO+qahSTungHpVBQPntg.jpg
Sponsored

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Floor lights. They are pretty dim to start with, which is probably why you didn't notice. Wait until it's dark, then check it out.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
That dial regulates the muffler bearings on Tuesdays and Thursdays. On all other days it is used to tune the flux capacitor.

or it could be for the floor lights.

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Here we go again....it’s the hydraulic actuator for the exhaust resonance p-239 modulator.

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
RTFM

"Dimmer Controls

With the parking lights or headlights on, rotating the right dimmer control upward will increase the brightness of the instrument panel lights. Rotating the left dimmer control will adjust the interior and ambient light levels."

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
RTFM

"Dimmer Controls

With the parking lights or headlights on, rotating the right dimmer control upward will increase the brightness of the instrument panel lights. Rotating the left dimmer control will adjust the interior and ambient light levels."
You're no fun:punch:... Of course I did just have to Google RTFM:facepalm:...For what it's worth, by saying you're no fun I mean you didn't give a crazy response:giggle:

source (1).gif

MotownJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Suburban
I guess it's more obvious on a Rubicon that has the courtesy floor lights that the Sport doesn't seem to have. The Sport does, however, have lights near the door handles that hardly produce any light at all. That dial makes those lights brighter and dimmer (although they hardly produce any light even at the brightest setting).

Sponsored

dezeinstein

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi TTRS, 2020 JLUR Sahara Altitude
It is the one in the middle of the picture just to the right of the headlight switch. There are two roller switches. The right roller switch is for the dash and dome lights. I cannot find what the one next to the headlight switch is for. I'm stymied!

It tightens up the steering at freeway speeds.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon

Catch-can thrust adjustment, allows more/less oil burn off when rock crawling in reverse.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I opened up the switch to see if it could be modified to actually be useful or move the overhead light control from the right to the left switch. Not possible.

IMG_20200109_160301.jpg