Sponsored

What is one of the most overlooked features of your Jeep?

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Might seem trivial, but I really like the led lights in the center console and the 4-way overhead interior lights. Remote start also, especially in the Texas heat. Nice to get the AC pumping at full blast for a few minutes (U-Connect App) while walking out my office heading to the parking lot.
How do you get the remote start set up on the Uconnect App? MY Uconnect app says something like no active subscriptions

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
How do you get the remote start set up on the Uconnect App? MY Uconnect app says something like no active subscriptions
I actually don’t remember. I think my dealer help me set it up. Does it ask for the VIN when trying to register?

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I actually don’t remember. I think my dealer help me set it up. Does it ask for the VIN when trying to register?
Did some more digging. I think its because I don't have SiriusXM Guardian. I thought I was given a free trial but it looks like the free trial was just regular SiriusXM.

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
Here's an easily overlooked cruise control feature that I stumbled across that's more than worth sharing:

You've been running down the road with your cruse control set to 55. You're approaching a speed limit sign which drops the speed down to 45. Assuming that you're of a mind to comply, how do you best drop your cruise control speed down from 55 to 45?

You could hold the brakes until you're down to 45 MPH and then hit one of the set keys. Or you could tap "SET -" ten times to bring your cruise control speed down from 55 to 45. Or, there's a third way that works quite nicely for this situation:

You hold down the "SET -" button on your cruise control. When you do this, your cruise control's speed setting will jump down in increments of 5MPH at a time. So you hold the "SET -" button and watch it go from 55... to 50... to 45... and you release the button. Cruise control now set at 45 MPH. (Works in reverse with the "SET +" button, too.I like this method a whole lot better than button mashing or brake-and-set-button-timing.

I figured that this one isn't entirely obvious, and quite a few people might benefit from knowing. :like: Or does everyone know this already? :headbang:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
the ease of turning the steel bumper on the rubicon to a stubby and how good it looks
This subject still annoys me when I think about it.

A winch-capable bumper should be standard on every Wrangler, irrespective of trim. Of all the things to play reindeer games with on the Options list...

You hold down the "SET -" button on your cruise control. When you do this, your cruise control's speed setting will jump down in increments of 5MPH at a time. So you hold the "SET -" button and watch it go from 55... to 50... to 45... and you release the button. Cruise control now set at 45 MPH.

(Works in reverse with the "SET +" button, too.I like this method a whole lot better than button mashing or brake-and-set-button-timing.

I figured that this one isn't entirely obvious, and quite a few people might benefit from knowing. Or does everyone know this already?
I've known about this function for years now. It's been something of a game for me to observe how aggressively the vehicle will accelerate when holding the Set/+ button. :) Chevrolet takes the Win.

In terms of which brand holds the vehicle's programmed speed the best, and doesn't waver on inclines and such, the Bowtie takes the cup again. That's not to say the cruise control function on our Hondas, or my JLU, is substandard, but credit must be given where due.

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
In terms of which brand holds the vehicle's programmed speed the best, and doesn't waver on inclines and such, the Bowtie takes the cup again. That's not to say the cruise control function on our Hondas, or my JLU, is substandard, but credit must be given where due.
It's funny you mentioned that. I can't say that I have a lot of Chevy experience, but one of the things I quickly noticed and appreciated (without prompting) about my 2021 JLUR 2.0L turbo Wrangler was how incredibly steadfast and precise the cruise control was! I go on the highway, set it to 65 or 75, and damned there be hills or anything else, that's the speed I'm going and that's that. But at the same time, if I add +10MPH to my cruise control speed, it doesn't go hog-wild and mash down on the accelerator like it's running a strict governor, either.

It's weird, you know? It is like some thoughtful person actually paid attention to how the cruise control worked and was actually allowed to put their ideas to practice on a real production vehicle. If Chevy is doing just as nice of a job with their cruise control (as well as matching an engine and transmission that's just as capable), my hat's off to those fellers, too!

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
This subject still annoys me when I think about it.

A winch-capable bumper should be standard on every Wrangler, irrespective of trim. Of all the things to play reindeer games with on the Options list...
As an off-roader I completely agree with you. However.....

I'm willing to bet 90% of the soccer moms out there that make up a large portions of the sales don't even know what a winch is. The beancounters are going to make the call to not even include it. The engineers/sales are going to meet the requirements of the needs statements of the consumer.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
The rear fenders!

with my 6yo sometimes still needing/wanting help getting in the Jeep, the fenders are like a shelf where you can rest a water bottle, or doll, or any small crap you’re carrying for your child while you help them get in then they’re right there for you to grab again. Clutch.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
No question... the turning radius.
Simply amazing.
I still remember startling my wife, and anyone else who was in the passenger seat of my YJ, when I would purposely aim the vehicle so that I had to turn later and thus tighter. Good times. :LOL:

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
Did some more digging. I think its because I don't have SiriusXM Guardian. I thought I was given a free trial but it looks like the free trial was just regular SiriusXM.
Uconnect is also free for the first year, but you need to register separately from SiriusXM. If you still have free SXM you should have free Uconnect.
Sponsored